can we please sign Albert Haynesworth this offseason?

[quote name='Jason' post='557091' date='Sep 24 2007, 11:33 PM']Great PR move there. As good a player as he is, I don't see that happening.

Goodell might not even let us do it.[/quote]

The hell with Goodell. He screws us as it is......Same for the media...they're going to talk shit about us anyways, regardless if we sign him or not.

I would love to have A. Haynesworth........but the Bengals don't sign top tier FAs.

[quote name='NASTYNATI' post='557095' date='Sep 24 2007, 10:19 PM']Its his contract year... he is playing well now because he wants to get paid...[/quote]

Before this season he was rated in the top ten in DT by ESPN.

1 Tommie Harris 85
2 Casey Hampton 84
3 John Henderson 81
4 Shaun Rogers 80
5 Marcus Stroud 80
6 Luis Castillo 79
7 Cory Redding 78
8 Mike Patterson 78
9 Haloti Ngata 76
[b]10 Albert Haynesworth[/b]

[b] #92 Albert Haynesworth | DT[/b]

2007 Scouting Report - Scouts Inc.
Grade: 75 | Key
Alert: U

Comment: Haynesworth is a six-year veteran out of Tennessee that was drafted by the Titans in the first round of the 2002 draft. He is a massive defensive tackle that can occupy space as well as penetrate with quickness or slide down the line of scrimmage with agility and balance. He plays big and is hard to move off the line. He does a great job of occupying blockers and keeping the linebackers behind him free to make plays. He has had some issues with his temper and was disciplined by the commissioner for stomping on the head of Dallas center Andre Gurode. He has not been the best at reporting in top shape and often has to play himself into condition during the season. He has a tendency to tire during games and will take a play or two off at times. In his previous five seasons with the Titans he has only played a full season one year, his first, missing anywhere from two games to six. When he is right he can be dominating. He is very inconsistent with his techniques, especially his hand use. He often relies on his raw strength and athleticism to get the job done.

[quote name='NASTYNATI' post='557095' date='Sep 24 2007, 10:19 PM']Its his contract year... he is playing well now because he wants to get paid...[/quote]

He has been this good consistently. I know we don't usually sign these players but we needed a new "please sign <Random Stud DT>" thread. :lol:

[quote name='B.A.B.' post='557110' date='Sep 24 2007, 10:48 PM']He's kinda a sick motherfucker, though, isn't he? Remember that shit last season where he stomped on dudes head? Brutal...[/quote]

That's the guy. He's a great talent but seems to be a bit of a head case, sound familiar? He consistently has weight/conditioning issues and seems to have turned it on in a contract year. He'll make money by the boatload this offseaon but it won't be from us.

[quote name='CrazyIrishman5' post='557099' date='Sep 24 2007, 09:26 PM']1 Tommie Harris 85
2 Casey Hampton 84
3 John Henderson 81
4 Shaun Rogers 80
5 Marcus Stroud 80
6 Luis Castillo 79
7 Cory Redding 78
8 Mike Patterson 78
9 Haloti Ngata 76
[b]10 Albert Haynesworth[/b][/quote]

Where should Jamaal Williams fit on that list? Or Richard Seymour?

We might need a psycho like Haynesworth to inject some 'scariness' into the defense. It won't happen. We'll draft someone in the 4th round, he'll be serviceable, we'll call him the next great DT, and he'll play average thenceforth.

[quote name='Abu-Zayd' post='557119' date='Sep 24 2007, 11:12 PM']Where should Jamaal Williams fit on that list? Or Richard Seymour?

We might need a psycho like Haynesworth to inject some 'scariness' into the defense. It won't happen. We'll draft someone in the 4th round, he'll be serviceable, we'll call him the next great DT, and he'll play average thenceforth.[/quote]

Seymour is a DE. And I dunno where Jamal is. He's probably the best DT in the league.

Bingo Nasty....
Rap on him has been he takes too many plays off.
Now he wants a big fat contract so he can go back to his twinkies ..

[quote name='Captain Awesome' post='557124' date='Sep 24 2007, 11:24 PM']The Titans can keep Fat Albert, based on the success we've had with former DT's from Tennessee.[/quote]

When did we have a DT from tennessee? Haynesworth is a stud. I'd happily take him or any of a few other DTs from tennessee (Darwin Walker, John henderson, Justin Harrell)

[quote name='fredtoast' post='557357' date='Sep 25 2007, 02:32 PM']When did we have a DT from tennessee? Haynesworth is a stud. I'd happily take him or any of a few other DTs from tennessee (Darwin Walker, John henderson, Justin Harrell)[/quote]

Im assuming he is talking about JT, however JT was a backup DE (behind Kearse if I remember right) at TN.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='557362' date='Sep 25 2007, 02:36 PM']Im assuming he is talking about JT, however JT was a backup DE (behind Kearse if I remember right) at TN.[/quote]

Sorry, I thought he meant the University of Tennessee where Albert played his college ball.

BTW JT was a starting DE on one of the best defenses in the league with the Titans.

Archived