Levi Back in the Saddle Again

Finally....

Selection:

[quote]Jones is expected to start after the bye week at Kansas City Oct. 14. During Thursday’s open locker room, he said it was good to be back on track.

"It's returning home, where I've been for six years," Jones said. "I should have never left."[/quote]

[url="http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/AB/20071005/SPT02/310050011/"]http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...PT02/310050011/[/url]

Levi wins his feud with Marvin, I think. Starting for the second straight game shows he's back, for whatever reason he was benched.

according to Ludwig this morning, Marvin and Levi have had a bad relationship ever since Marvin showed up in Levi's second year. Levi struggled his rookie year and didn't take kindly to Marvin coming in and demanding he up his level of play.

He also thinks that Whitworth starting the first 4 games had much to do with rewarding Whit for his play last year, as well as not wanting an injured Levi to get Carson killed. Levi wanted to play his way into shape and the team wanted him to get into shape before playing.

[quote name='turningpoint' post='564013' date='Oct 5 2007, 11:23 AM']never should of been a fued how to do you bench one of the top 5 LT in the NFL?

honestly?

He's probably top 2 in the AFC.

Ogden is old, and the SD LT forget his name ( i think Mcneal) are the only other ones in his company.[/quote]

see my other post. You bench if he's not healthy and isn't ready. Would you rather he get Carson killed?

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='564019' date='Oct 5 2007, 10:27 AM']see my other post. You bench if he's not healthy and isn't ready. Would you rather he get Carson killed?[/quote]

I believe there was more going on that that. I think it had to do with Levi's comments to the media, and Marvin was benching him in retaliation. All conjecture but it wasn't the simple "he's hurt and recovering" explanation, I don't think.

[quote name='Actium' post='564021' date='Oct 5 2007, 11:32 AM']I believe there was more going on that that. I think it had to do with Levi's comments to the media, and Marvin was benching him in retaliation. All conjecture but it wasn't the simple "he's hurt and recovering" explanation, I don't think.[/quote]

Well, you've got to admit, ...Levi's knee is in great shape.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='564019' date='Oct 5 2007, 11:27 AM']see my other post. You bench if he's not healthy and isn't ready. Would you rather he get Carson killed?[/quote]

If that is the case then why do they keep running fat boy Anderson out there to play 3 downs in a game? Anderson was obviously not healthy enough to play but I guess they don't care if Willie misses a block and gets Carson hurt because from that side Carson would be able to see the pass rusher coming. Fuck Willie and his stupid streak. Time to get rid of Willie. He was a mistake to resign and now he is just collecting a pay check and running his mouth about the team to the media. We could of used that money and put towards the defense, which clearly is hurting from the injuries to the lb position.

[quote name='CJBESTINAFC' post='564084' date='Oct 5 2007, 01:21 PM']If that is the case then why do they keep running fat boy Anderson out there to play 3 downs in a game? Anderson was obviously not healthy enough to play but I guess they don't care if Willie misses a block and gets Carson hurt because from that side Carson would be able to see the pass rusher coming. Fuck Willie and his stupid streak. Time to get rid of Willie. He was a mistake to resign and now he is just collecting a pay check and running his mouth about the team to the media. We could of used that money and put towards the defense, which clearly is hurting from the injuries to the lb position.[/quote]

I can't disagree with most of that, though IF he can get reasonably healthy I still agree with the re-signing.

[quote name='CJBESTINAFC' post='564084' date='Oct 5 2007, 01:21 PM']If that is the case then why do they keep running fat boy Anderson out there to play 3 downs in a game? Anderson was obviously not healthy enough to play but I guess they don't care if Willie misses a block and gets Carson hurt because from that side Carson would be able to see the pass rusher coming. Fuck Willie and his stupid streak. Time to get rid of Willie. He was a mistake to resign and now he is just collecting a pay check and running his mouth about the team to the media. We could of used that money and put towards the defense, which clearly is hurting from the injuries to the lb position.[/quote]

I agree about the running him out there to keep his streak alive. We need tosit him and get him healthy. When he is healthy he is still top 5 in th eleague at his position. I don't like his crying to the media but I am willing to give him a little more leeway than most. He played hard for many years and during some very dark times and never said anythign negative abot the team, management and so on. I hope we can get him a ring before he hangs up the cleats.

Well, I think it's really clear either Stacy or Whit needs to move to RT. Kooistra is a notch below these two and even without Willie would should have a fairly solid like with guycheck at center. Can't afford Alex getting Carson killed right up the middle either.

[quote name='ccartman2' post='564319' date='Oct 5 2007, 11:00 PM']Well, I think it's really clear either Stacy or Whit needs to move to RT. Kooistra is a notch below these two and even without Willie would should have a fairly solid like with guycheck at center. Can't afford Alex getting Carson killed right up the middle either.[/quote]

Stepanovich....He was what they thought he was....dude that had a shot and flopped with Zone cuz he cant run block worth a diddy...part timer for minimum vet pay...
Bluto back is big..

Kooistra....notch below Stacy at RT? dunno bout that...guard maybe ..tackle dunno...

[quote name='CJBESTINAFC' post='564084' date='Oct 5 2007, 05:21 PM']If that is the case then why do they keep running fat boy Anderson out there to play 3 downs in a game? Anderson was obviously not healthy enough to play but I guess they don't care if Willie misses a block and gets Carson hurt because from that side Carson would be able to see the pass rusher coming. Fuck Willie and his stupid streak. Time to get rid of Willie. He was a mistake to resign and now he is just collecting a pay check and running his mouth about the team to the media. We could of used that money and put towards the defense, which clearly is hurting from the injuries to the lb position.[/quote]

Now He's the one that should be sitting out! Anderson is hurt usually in the first half of the 1 quarter... He should be resting and healing up, put Whitworth over at RT and roll from there. Hopefully by the last 5 games of the year, he'll be healthy for a playoff push!

[quote name='cincity' post='564369' date='Oct 6 2007, 02:17 AM']Now He's the one that should be sitting out! Anderson is hurt usually in the first half of the 1 quarter... He should be resting and healing up, put Whitworth over at RT and roll from there. Hopefully by the last 5 games of the year, he'll be healthy for a playoff push![/quote]
On Willie....dont know if he's healing up but I think we can all attest to the fact that this overpaid
fatass is definately resting.....and smiling all the way to the bank...

[quote name='claptonrocks' post='564363' date='Oct 6 2007, 12:55 AM']Stepanovich....He was what they thought he was....dude that had a shot and flopped with Zone cuz he cant run block worth a diddy...part timer for minimum vet pay...
Bluto back is big..

Kooistra....notch below Stacy at RT? dunno bout that...guard maybe ..tackle dunno...[/quote]

Step hasn't been that bad with regards to pass protection. It's the tackles that have been letting people through.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='564417' date='Oct 6 2007, 09:53 AM']Step hasn't been that bad with regards to pass protection. It's the tackles that have been letting people through.[/quote]
Never said he was "bad" in pass protection...run blocking is not his forte..

As simple as this, Levi was not in shape and was not ready. This has been the last two weeks. He looked sloppy. Hopefully he is healthy and his technique will return soon. Given the fact that he started last week ----- this should not be a surprise.

Big Willie has done this before but had always managed to play through it ------ evidently age has caught up to him and that is no longer the case. I agree he needs to sit and get healthy for a playoff run but I'm guessing they beleive a wounded Willie is better than a healthy Kooster ----- since Guycheck/Andrews were both out they had few options. My guess he will retire after the season and we will need to address. We are solid but will need at least one if not two quality backups.

We were told Andrews had EARNED the LG spot and that would allow Whitworth to be the swingman. Andrews went down and Levi was forced into the lineup, Whitworth slide down to LG to replace Andrews.

Anyone know if Andrews be back after the bye? If so my guess is he stays at LG and Whit moves to his new and future position of RT. Some combo of Willie/Whit/Kooster then take over the spot for the remainder of this season. Let's face it ------ Whit is a very good player but will always struggle with speed rushers. He is just too big and too slow to handle the speed guys. He is much better suited for RT.

I prefer
Levi --- Andrews --- Guycheck --- Williams --- Whitworth

over
Levi --- Whitworth --- Step --- Williams --- Kooster

------ Of course having a 3rd (wr) & 4th (TE/RB) option in the passing game and an outside speed threat in the backfield sure would help out either group.

[quote name='cwing' post='564459' date='Oct 6 2007, 12:35 PM']As simple as this, Levi was not in shape and was not ready. This has been the last two weeks. He looked sloppy. Hopefully he is healthy and his technique will return soon. Given the fact that he started last week ----- this should not be a surprise.

Big Willie has done this before but had always managed to play through it ------ evidently age has caught up to him and that is no longer the case. I agree he needs to sit and get healthy for a playoff run but I'm guessing they beleive a wounded Willie is better than a healthy Kooster ----- since Guycheck/Andrews were both out they had few options. My guess he will retire after the season and we will need to address. We are solid but will need at least one if not two quality backups.

We were told Andrews had EARNED the LG spot and that would allow Whitworth to be the swingman. Andrews went down and Levi was forced into the lineup, Whitworth slide down to LG to replace Andrews.

Anyone know if Andrews be back after the bye? If so my guess is he stays at LG and Whit moves to his new and future position of RT. Some combo of Willie/Whit/Kooster then take over the spot for the remainder of this season. Let's face it ------ Whit is a very good player but will always struggle with speed rushers. He is just too big and too slow to handle the speed guys. He is much better suited for RT.

I prefer
Levi --- Andrews --- Guycheck --- Williams --- Whitworth

over
Levi --- Whitworth --- Step --- Williams --- Kooster

------ Of course having a 3rd (wr) & 4th (TE/RB) option in the passing game and an outside speed threat in the backfield sure would help out either group.[/quote]

Alot of defensive coordinators line their best pass rusher on the left side now..
Try to take advantage of bigger slower RT's....
Where does Geathes line up?

[quote name='claptonrocks' post='564493' date='Oct 6 2007, 02:02 PM']Alot of defensive coordinators line their best pass rusher on the left side now..
Try to take advantage of bigger slower RT's....
[b]Where does Geathes line up?[/b][/quote]
OLB?
:ninja:

Archived