NEW AP TOP 25 - 10/7

[quote name='sneaky' post='564970' date='Oct 8 2007, 12:32 AM'][color="#FF0000"][b]Buckeye hatin' bandwagon jumper.[/b][/color] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//33.gif[/img][/quote]

[font="Arial Narrow"][size=3][b]If I was a bandwagon jumper I would have jumped on the Fuckeye wagon after they won it all ... also I don't really hate them ... as much as I like to instigate & piss off posters here who love them ;) [/b][/size][/font]

[quote name='Go Tory Go!' post='564971' date='Oct 8 2007, 12:33 AM']What institution are you personally affiliated with? FIU, perhaps? I don't know of any universities located in the everglades... :P[/quote]

[font="Arial Narrow"][size=3][b]No not FIU ... I'll pm you the answer ... (most the regulars know) but I'm not really keen on the Steeler trolls who give me death threats knowing :D [/b][/size][/font]

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='564980' date='Oct 8 2007, 12:45 AM'][font="Arial Narrow"][size=3][b]If I was a bandwagon jumper I would have jumped on the Fuckeye wagon after they won it all ... also I don't really hate them ... as much as I like to instigate & piss off posters here who love them ;)[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"]Well...I must admit I do the same thing with Kentucky fans. [/b][/color] :lol:

[quote name='sneaky' post='564849' date='Oct 7 2007, 07:33 PM'][color="#FF0000"][b]I somewhat agree but Cincinnati will be tested [color="#000000"]win[/color] they go against USF and West Virginia and the Louisville game is very dangerous because UL was a top ten team when the season began.

Louisville's defense has failed them thus far but not their offense, UC's defense will be tested this Saturday.[/b][/color][/quote]

[b]When :wave:[/b]

[b]but seriously, i really think that USF is way, way over rated. come on, we beat their ass last year. what was their record last year, now their ranked 5th! gimme a break. good for them though. [/b]

[quote name='Lawman' post='565028' date='Oct 8 2007, 08:25 AM'][i]With LSU now at #1; Nick Saban who???

Dumbest move by a head coach in recent memory.[/i][/quote]

How do you mean? Moving up to the pros wasn't a dumb move at all for Saban - plying your trade at the highest level should be every college coach's ambition. Besides, Saban now makes a hell of a lot more than he was at LSU.

[quote name='Go Tory Go!' post='565305' date='Oct 8 2007, 03:56 PM']How do you mean? Moving up to the pros wasn't a dumb move at all for Saban - [b]plying your trade at the highest level should be every college coach's ambition[/b]. Besides, Saban now makes a hell of a lot more than he was at LSU.[/quote]

[i]Not necessarily, why hasn't Bobby Bowden or Papa Joe jumped? Saban, with success at LSU coming so early in his tenure could of been riding that train for years.

Additionally, he would of been able to recruit high valued talent year in and year out and had more control of doing
things his way.

Money isn't everything, meaning he would of been able to of commanded some good jack along the way.[/i]

[quote name='Lawman' post='565372' date='Oct 8 2007, 05:52 PM'][i]Not necessarily, why hasn't Bobby Bowden or Papa Joe jumped? Saban, with success at LSU coming so early in his tenure could of been riding that train for years.

Additionally, he would of been able to recruit high valued talent year in and year out and had more control of doing
things his way.

[b]Money isn't everything, meaning he would of been able to of commanded some good jack along the way.[/b][/i][/quote]

Uh, I'm not understanding you again...in this last sentence, you seem to say money doesn't matter, and then you say this means if he had stayed at LSU, he would be making good money...

Either way, things worked out as well as they could have for him - he got his chance to try the big leagues, failed, and hit rock bottom by becoming the highest paid coach in amateur football at a storied program...

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='564821' date='Oct 7 2007, 06:43 PM']LSU is goin nowhere.[/quote]

You're right. Sort of. The National Championship game is in New Orleans this year, so they won't be going but 60 miles.

Hate to say it, but LSU is the best team in the nation right now. I think OSU could stay with them because of their defense, but ultimately I think it's LSU's year.

[quote name='Jason' post='565668' date='Oct 9 2007, 06:37 AM']You're right. Sort of. The National Championship game is in New Orleans this year, so they won't be going but 60 miles.

Hate to say it, but LSU is the best team in the nation right now. I think OSU could stay with them because of their defense, but ultimately I think it's LSU's year.[/quote]
I agree, LSU looks scary good right now.

[quote]Uh, I'm not understanding you again...in this last sentence, you seem to say money doesn't matter, and then you say this means if he had stayed at LSU, he would be making good money...[/quote]

[i]He could of stayed at LSU and started a Legacy in his own right, now as in my original post it's "Nick Saban Who".

Along the way, he would have made out financially.[/i]

[quote name='Jason' post='565668' date='Oct 9 2007, 08:37 AM']You're right. Sort of. The National Championship game is in New Orleans this year, so they won't be going but 60 miles.

Hate to say it, but LSU is the best team in the nation right now. I think OSU could stay with them because of their defense, but ultimately I think it's LSU's year.[/quote]
um, thanks for saying what i just said. before the season started i said LSU had it in the bag. i dont see that changing.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='566562' date='Oct 10 2007, 01:05 PM']um, thanks for saying what i just said. before the season started i said LSU had it in the bag. i dont see that changing.[/quote]

I guess I misunderstood what you meant by "is goin' nowhere". That phrase usually isn't associated with success or championships.

[quote name='Jason' post='565668' date='Oct 9 2007, 08:37 AM']You're right. Sort of. The National Championship game is in New Orleans this year, so they won't be going but 60 miles.Hate to say it, but LSU is the best team in the nation right now. I think OSU could stay with them because of their defense, but ultimately I think it's LSU's year.[/quote] :pointlaff:[quote name='Bunghole' post='565728' date='Oct 9 2007, 10:40 AM']I agree, LSU looks scary good right now.[/quote] :pointlaff:[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='566562' date='Oct 10 2007, 01:05 PM']um, thanks for saying what i just said. before the season started i said LSU had it in the bag. i dont see that changing.[/quote] :pointlaff:

Just kidding. I barely follow college football. It's always fun to see the mighty fall though.

Archived