Here are the facts from here on out, good or bad:

There are still 11 games.

We still have 6 games at home. Take care of business at home, take advantage of the winnable games on the road.

Depth is on the horizon. C. Perry, T. Perry, Henry, Brooks, Jeanty, Joseph, Miller, and (though unlikely) Willie will/could be returning with still time left. Whether that makes a difference remains to be seen.

There is still a shitload of talent on this team.

This team absolutely must start playing with some passion and fire. Its sorely lacking right now.

In the same, but slightly different vein, this team needs to leave emotion at the door. Don't get too high, don't get too low. Emotion is playing too big a role right now.

People need to check their fucking egos at the door. Chad walked off the field today and Marvin tried to stop him to talk. Chad (lightly) shoved Marvin away. COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE. You don't do that to any coach, let alone the head coach.

On that note, Marvin should have got in his face. You can't let any player get away with that shit.

Offensive playcalling has to see improvement. Whether its Carson changing too many plays or simple the wrong plays getting called, something needs to be adjusted. You can't tell me none of our guys are getting open.

The o-line needs some consistency, ANY consistency at this point.

Madieu, I never want to see you celebrate a play again. You whiff on a tackle that goes for an extra 15 yards and then the next play you dance and celebrate that you stopped LJ for a 2 yard gain. FUCKING STOP. Go back to the huddle and get ready for the next play.

Is there any other defensive tackle playing next to Peko? It might be time for someone to show up next to him.

Bresh, any fan can tell you that you can't rush 3 when you're playing zone behind it. Seriously, who plays a prevent D down by 10? You have to let the corners start bumping WR's at the line. the pass rush needs the extra second or two, and maybe, just maybe you might throw off the timing of the QB.

This team has plenty of talent to win any of their remaining games. They have to WANT IT, and right now you can't say that they do. Hopefully that changes. Guess we'll see.

Feel free to add your own "facts."

Ive felt like we should have beat every team so far anyway except the Pats.

so, I am starting to have a hard time buying into this, but I understand your point. Its not too late to lose hope, but damn, some shit seriously needs to change, and I dont know what the hell it is, and neither do they.

[quote name='claptonrocks' post='570060' date='Oct 14 2007, 11:12 PM']I didnt see Chad brush Lewis off... Was it towards the end of the game?[/quote]I didn't see it during the game (but heard it, I had stop watching for a bit but could still hear), but then saw it on the news. I think it was the first drive of the 3rd quarter, don't quote me on that though. Marvin should have sent his ass to the locker room.

One more fact:Deltha is quietly continuing to turn in a strong year.

This team is nowhere near as good as we had hoped/thought.

We lack discipline all over the place.

The celebrating and smiling on the sidelines has got to go, what is there to celebrate? I guess this fits with lack of focus. It's bad when a loss affects the fans more than the team.

I feel we will be lucky to go 8-8.

[quote name='claptonrocks' post='570060' date='Oct 14 2007, 11:12 PM']I didnt see Chad brush Lewis off... Was it towards the end of the game?[/quote]

I believe it was after the first Carson INT or after a critical incompletion. I can't recall which one. If I were Marvin I would have sat his ass the rest of the game.

Also, this may have been discussed in the game thread but that sucker is way too long to go through, but if Reggie Kelly had not grabbed Carson at the end of the game and calmed him down it would have been UFC 78 (or whatever number they are upto) between Carson and Chad.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='570054' date='Oct 14 2007, 11:09 PM']Here are the facts from here on out, good or bad:
There are still 11 games.

We still have 6 games at home. Take care of business at home, take advantage of the winnable games on the road.
Depth is on the horizon. C. Perry, T. Perry, Henry, Brooks, Jeanty, Joseph, Miller, and (though unlikely) Willie will/could be returning with still time left. Whether that makes a difference remains to be seen.
There is still a shitload of talent on this team.
This team absolutely must start playing with some passion and fire. Its sorely lacking right now.
In the same, but slightly different vein, this team needs to leave emotion at the door. Don't get too high, don't get too low. Emotion is playing too big a role right now.
People need to check their fucking egos at the door. Chad walked off the field today and Marvin tried to stop him to talk. Chad (lightly) shoved Marvin away. COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE. You don't do that to any coach, let alone the head coach.

On that note, Marvin should have got in his face. You can't let any player get away with that shit.
Offensive playcalling has to see improvement. Whether its Carson changing too many plays or simple the wrong plays getting called, something needs to be adjusted. You can't tell me none of our guys are getting open.

The o-line needs some consistency, ANY consistency at this point.
Madieu, I never want to see you celebrate a play again. You whiff on a tackle that goes for an extra 15 yards and then the next play you dance and celebrate that you stopped LJ for a 2 yard gain. FUCKING STOP. Go back to the huddle and get ready for the next play.

Is there any other defensive tackle playing next to Peko? It might be time for someone to show up next to him.
Bresh, any fan can tell you that you can't rush 3 when you're playing zone behind it. Seriously, who plays a prevent D down by 10? You have to let the corners start bumping WR's at the line. the pass rush needs the extra second or two, and maybe, just maybe you might throw off the timing of the QB.
This team has plenty of talent to win any of their remaining games. They have to WANT IT, and right now you can't say that they do. Hopefully that changes. Guess we'll see.
Feel free to add your own "facts."[/quote]

Put down the crack pipe. Every team is starting to look at us as a "W".

I didn't see it, but if Chad shoved Marvin and nothing was done, how can the team respect Marvin. Marvin is letting himself be a doormat in that case. Fuck Chad at that point. He would be in street clothes immediately if not sooner. Fined if possible and sitting out a game. What do you have to lose at this point?? He is 29 years old going on 7.

I don't see any leaders on this team at the moment. Will someone please stand up? There is no fire, no intensity. I wait for a fireworks show on sunday and get sparklers and smoke bombs.

Looks at the players eyes and you see no intensity. As they said in the Rocky movies "Eye of the Tiger". There is no hunger. I see a lot of prima donnas and no one willing to do the dirty work.

For what it is worth, I saw a college team (Kansas St?) that went training with the special forces for a few days at a military base. They worked side by side with the soldiers to understand teamwork, sacrifice, and commitment. I think this team could benefit from something like that. I love the Bengals, but it is hard to cheer for a bunch of overpaid, ego inflated, prima donna losers.

So i guess everyone want's to jump ship.

Go right ahead, the board's gonna suck, but it will exist. Just me, old, and a few others. I can't help it if time is running out for a lot of you that want to see this team lift a Lombardi. Guess that's one of the wonders of being young.

I'm still gonna root for them. Call me a fucking blind as a bat homer. I don't give a shit. I still think that they have a chance.

[quote name='Phatcat' post='570071' date='Oct 14 2007, 11:20 PM']I believe it was after the first Carson INT or after a critical incompletion. I can't recall which one. If I were Marvin I would have sat his ass the rest of the game.

Also, this may have been discussed in the game thread but that sucker is way too long to go through, but if Reggie Kelly had not grabbed Carson at the end of the game and calmed him down it would have been UFC 78 (or whatever number they are upto) between Carson and Chad.[/quote]

UFC will be in Cincy next weekend. Throw Chad in the ring with Rich Franklin, he would knock some sense into him.

[quote name='Phatcat' post='570071' date='Oct 14 2007, 11:20 PM']I believe it was after the first Carson INT or after a critical incompletion. I can't recall which one. If I were Marvin I would have sat his ass the rest of the game.

Also, this may have been discussed in the game thread but that sucker is way too long to go through, but if Reggie Kelly had not grabbed Carson at the end of the game and calmed him down it would have been UFC 78 (or whatever number they are upto) between Carson and Chad.[/quote]
No shit? I didnt see that either.....Was Carson mad cuz Chad ran the wrong route or pussed up on the doable catch?
WTF was up with that?? Hell even KC fans said it looked like he didnt want to take the hit on that throw..
Im starting to wonder about Ohcho a bit...not giving his all all the time

[quote name='DanvilleBengal' post='570113' date='Oct 15 2007, 12:05 AM']So i guess everyone want's to jump ship.
Go right ahead, the board's gonna suck, but it will exist. Just me, old, and a few others. I can't help it if time is running out for a lot of you that want to see this team lift a Lombardi. Guess that's one of the wonders of being young.
I'm still gonna root for them. Call me a fucking blind as a bat homer. I don't give a shit. I still think that they have a chance.[/quote]
No one will jump ship...
Youve been around long enough to know that this is rant night after a loss..
tomorrow everyone is calmer and by Tuesday we're talking about beating the Jets and making a run at it again.

[quote name='claptonrocks' post='570120' date='Oct 15 2007, 12:10 AM']No shit? I didnt see that either.....Was Carson mad cuz Chad ran the wrong route or pussed up on the doable catch?
WTF was up with that?? Hell even KC fans said it looked like he didnt want to take the hit on that throw..
Im starting to wonder about Ohcho a bit...not giving his all all the time[/quote]

I think it was he gave up on a route. I just rewatched the play in question about 10X. Chad pulled up as Carson was throwing the ball - INTERCEPTION. It was the play with around 4 minutes remaining in the game with the score 27-17. Carson was pissed and they showed a different camera angle of Carson ripping his chin strap off and walking toward Chad as he mouthed/yelled "CHAD". Kelly came over and grabbed Carson and kept it from being New England part two - and probably worse IMHO.

[quote name='Phatcat' post='570174' date='Oct 15 2007, 01:33 AM']I think it was he gave up on a route. I just rewatched the play in question about 10X. Chad pulled up as Carson was throwing the ball - INTERCEPTION. It was the play with around 4 minutes remaining in the game with the score 27-17. Carson was pissed and they showed a different camera angle of Carson ripping his chin strap off and walking toward Chad as he mouthed/yelled "CHAD". Kelly came over and grabbed Carson and kept it from being New England part two - and probably worse IMHO.[/quote]

After seeing it a few times now, I don't know how I feel about that play. First, it looked like the exact same play as last game, except Chad wasn't as open. It was a ball that shouldn't have been thrown and was thrown into triple coverage. It does look like Chad pulled up to avoid the hit. Hell, he took a hit anyway. You can't pull up lame on a play like that though, but its also a position Carson never should have put him in.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='570282' date='Oct 15 2007, 09:21 AM']After seeing it a few times now, I don't know how I feel about that play. First, it looked like the exact same play as last game, except Chad wasn't as open. It was a ball that shouldn't have been thrown and was thrown into triple coverage. It does look like Chad pulled up to avoid the hit. Hell, he took a hit anyway. You can't pull up lame on a play like that though, but its also a position Carson never should have put him in.[/quote]

How bad did Chad want the catch and/or win? That play tells you a lot about how the players (well, Chad) feel.

[quote name='claptonrocks' post='570060' date='Oct 14 2007, 11:12 PM']I didnt see Chad brush Lewis off... Was it towards the end of the game?[/quote]

I saw it and was thinking that I couldn't believe he just walked right past him. I wanted Lewis to grab him by the neck like a little kid.

[quote name='phillybengal' post='570334' date='Oct 15 2007, 10:06 AM']I saw it and was thinking that I couldn't believe he just walked right past him. I wanted Lewis to grab him by the neck like a little kid.[/quote]

They just showed it on ESPN2. Chad totally dissrespected Marvin and Marvin did NOTHING. Hell, he praised the team in his conference!?!?!?

A line in the sand with Chad needs to be drawn. No special treatment for his whiny bitch ass!!!

A respectable coach would have sat him immediately or inserted a foot in his ass. :angry: :angry: :angry:

Even though the first half was the worst they've played all year, I still felt they had a shot to win 'til the end.

All year, I think what has disappointed me the most (and did yesterday) was the lack of discipline by the team -- really stupid penalties, whether it's the facemask by Williams, the block in the back by Jeremi Johnson, or the roughing the passer on Blue Adams. Just stupid plays! Each impacted field position, and those are things that are hard to come back from. Because the STs have played poorly overall (getting better, but still), that has hurt, too. When you're struggling enough as it is, giving teams short fields while giving yourselves long ones is a recipe for disaster.

Getting some guys back will help, but keep in mind that a lot of them will have been out for awhile, and they will have to "ease in" to getting back to where they were. Running on the sideline or working out in the weight room isn't the same as full speed contact on Sundays. Consider... Jeanty hasn't played in a few months; Brooks hasn't played in over a month; Miller's been out a month; Chris Perry's been out almost a year, Tab has been out a month, Kilmer's probably been out 4-5 months. I think Willie will be out for quite some time. And Henry won't have played for 2.5 months.

Bottom line, for the next few weeks, it's gonna have to be the guys who are playing now who are going to have to step up. While I don't think the season is lost (11 games to go), it's getting away from them, especially how they've played.

[quote name='DanvilleBengal' post='570113' date='Oct 14 2007, 11:05 PM']So i guess everyone want's to jump ship.
I'm still gonna root for them. Call me a fucking blind as a bat homer. I don't give a shit. I still think that they have a chance.[/quote]

I don't think the board's gonna jump. The team may stink but I can always count on the board entertaining me. It's fun to complain and the Bengals are giving us a lot of ammo right about now.

[quote name='Actium' post='570403' date='Oct 15 2007, 11:08 AM']I don't think the board's gonna jump. The team may stink but I can always count on the board entertaining me. It's fun to complain and the Bengals are giving us a lot of ammo right about now.[/quote]

This board complain? Whatever gave you that impression? :whistle:

[quote name='Jungle1' post='570393' date='Oct 15 2007, 09:59 AM']They just showed it on ESPN2. Chad totally dissrespected Marvin and Marvin did NOTHING. Hell, he praised the team in his conference!?!?!?

A line in the sand with Chad needs to be drawn. No special treatment for his whiny bitch ass!!!

A respectable coach would have sat him immediately or inserted a foot in his ass. :angry: :angry: :angry:[/quote]

This just confirms what many have felt. Marvin is probably used to being disrespected by now. He looks like he's giving up. If the coach is, then what about the team?

Phatcat, you are correct about Chad. Most people would have told him to take a shower. Marvin on the other hand was probably thinking sending him home would have caused a much bigger distraction with the media and what not.

[quote name='Jungle1' post='570393' date='Oct 15 2007, 10:59 AM']They just showed it on ESPN2. Chad totally dissrespected Marvin and Marvin did NOTHING. Hell, he praised the team in his conference!?!?!?

A respectable coach would have sat him immediately or inserted a foot in his ass. :angry: :angry: :angry:[/quote]

ive seen tom brady do that EVERY SINGLE TIME the pats are on tv, does that mean he is disrespecting bill b? ive seen carson do it too. you have no fucking clue what was being said. marvin could have been telling him to keep his head up and get it done on the next play. chad was obviously pissed/sad when he came off the field and marvin was trying to keep chads head in the game. i saw NOTHING wrong and all this speculation is just people wanting to find something to bitch about. seriously grow the fuck up.

Tale of two coaches?

[quote]Chiefs coach wanted CB Sapp kicked out?

After Chiefs backup cornerback Benny Sapp drew two penalties — a holding call and a personal foul — on the last play of the first quarter, coach Herm Edwards asked the officials whether they wanted to eject him. "(The official) said, ‘I can't kick him out,' and I said, ‘You should,' " Edwards said. "I talked to Benny and said, ‘You can't do that.' " Sapp rode the bench for a while, "but as the game got going, I felt a guy who kept rubbing on me, and it was Benny. I said, ‘Ok, you're sorry, I forgive you, you go back and play now.' " -- KC Star[/quote]

[url="http://msn.foxsports.com/rumors/nfl#9"]http://msn.foxsports.com/rumors/nfl#9[/url]

Archived