where is the freedom of speech ?

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' post='582805' date='Nov 1 2007, 11:59 AM']not only that oldschooler, i wore the shirt that said "Fuck pissburgh from Cincinnati with Love" and a middle finger in the middle of the shirt at a mother fucking Pissbrugh game. [b]and if they haven't been to a bengals pissburgh game before then obviously they have no fucking clue what their talking about.[/b][/quote]

you're not getting the point, but in the words of nati "whatever".

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' post='582805' date='Nov 1 2007, 11:59 AM']not only that oldschooler, i wore the shirt that said "Fuck pissburgh from Cincinnati with Love" and a middle finger in the middle of the shirt at a mother fucking Pissbrugh game. and if they haven't been to a bengals pissburgh game before then obviously they have no fucking clue what their talking about.[/quote]

I've been going to the Bengals games since 1970... so what the hell do YOU know?

Just because idiots expect it to happen and ENJOY joining in the juvenile shit doesn't make it right.
You posted something on a message board and are bitching because others are posting their opinion and it goes against yours?
If you don't want to open yourself to others opinion, then don't post anything on a message board.

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' post='582808' date='Nov 1 2007, 12:03 PM']have you been to a bengals pissburgh game before ?[/quote]

Yes, in Three Rivers Stadium, Heinz Field, Riverfront, PBS....

been to Browns games in my Bengals gear IN THE DAWG POUND at old Munincipal Stadium, at the rats hole, Jax, Houston Astrodome, Titans Stadium... etc.

Just because YOU want to act like an idiot, and others want to join you, IT DOESN'T MAKE IT RIGHT.

What the hell is so hard to comprehend here? You guys KNOW that you're in the wrong, but want to pass it off with "Oh, well everyone does it so it's ok"?

BULLSHIT kid, grow the hell up already and take it like a man. Wrong is wrong, whether it's a crowd mentality thing or an individual idiot. I've seen drunk idiots at Three Rivers jump off the plaza level and break their legs, but it's ok... more than one person did it so it MUST be ok...

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='582809' date='Nov 1 2007, 12:03 PM']you're not getting the point, but in the words of nati "whatever".[/quote]

obviously, you don't! as long as you've posted on here if somebody doesn't agree with you then their always wrong.
[quote name='USNBENGAL the Original' post='582810' date='Nov 1 2007, 12:03 PM']I've been going to the Bengals games since 1970... so what the hell do YOU know?

Just because idiots expect it to happen and ENJOY joining in the juvenile shit doesn't make it right.
You posted something on a message board and are bitching because others are posting their opinion and it goes against yours?
If you don't want to open yourself to others opinion, then don't post anything on a message board.[/quote]

and im going to post whatever the FUCK I WANT. i have every right to wear that shirt, your opinion means shit to me dude. how did i join the juvenile shit, by wearing a shirt. how about your sig ? is that OK ? what fuck are you saying ? there are kids actully that post on here that don't need to see your fucking sig idiot! so maybe you need to grow the fuck up..or wait, you are in your 40's aren't you ?

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' post='582815' date='Nov 1 2007, 12:11 PM']obviously, you don't!

and im going to post whatever the FUCK I WANT. i have every right to wear that shirt, your opinion means shit to me dude. how did i join the juvenile shit, by wearing a shirt. how about your sig ? is that OK ? what fuck are you saying ?[/quote]

Do you have ADHD or something?Comprehension difficulties?

I NEVER said to NOT post what you want or NOT wear what you want kid... I said that idf you didn't want others opinions, then you might think again about posting on a message board where ANYONE CAN STATE THEIR OPINION ABOUT YOUR POST.

Obviously you like the attention you're getting.
I've already posted about my sig, addressed that a while ago. If it wasn't welcome here I wouldn't have it...

There's a time and place for everything, like when Go told us he was getting sponsors and wanted to change a couple of things about posting pics and such. I asked Go if he wanted me to get rid of my sig. If he had said yes, I would've lost it in a second... OUT OF RESPECT FOR GO & OTHER PEOPLE.

How did you join the juvenile shit?

If you can't comprehend that, you're beyond help.

[quote name='USNBENGAL the Original' post='582820' date='Nov 1 2007, 12:18 PM']Do you have ADHD or something?Comprehension difficulties?

I NEVER said to NOT post what you want or NOT wear what you want kid... I said that idf you didn't want others opinions, then you might think again about posting on a message board where ANYONE CAN STATE THEIR OPINION ABOUT YOUR POST.

Obviously you like the attention you're getting.
I've already posted about my sig, addressed that a while ago. If it wasn't welcome here I wouldn't have it...

There's a time and place for everything, like when Go told us he was getting sponsors and wanted to change a couple of things about posting pics and such. I asked Go if he wanted me to get rid of my sig. If he had said yes, I would've lost it in a second... OUT OF RESPECT FOR GO & OTHER PEOPLE.

How did you join the juvenile shit?

If you can't comprehend that, you're beyond help.[/quote]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/37.gif[/img]

If it's illegal to wear these shirts because of obscenity laws or stadium rules either in or outside the stadium, then why are they selling them outside the stadium ? Is it ok to sell just not wear ? You'd think someone at PBS would rather have their finger in the pot of money of local vendors and have the money flow into their pockets vice some street vendor selling non-NFL licensed (?) (copyright protected) material. Yea, I have lots of questions...and quite a few run on sentences.

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' post='582822' date='Nov 1 2007, 12:20 PM'][img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/37.gif[/img][/quote]

Typical juvenile response, pretty much what is expected of the teenage mentality.

Wear your shirts, act the fool... when you finally grow up you'll be asking the same things I do and wondering
"What's wrong with kids these days?"

Remember that what's wrong with them is the example set by YOU...

[quote name='NASTYNATI' post='582783' date='Nov 1 2007, 10:30 AM']If you dont use the "F-word" in your home thats fine, but him wearing a t-shirt with the word Fuck on it to a professional sporting event has nothing to do with his lack of respect for others nor is it that big a deal. If your child doesnt know that the "F-word" is a word not appropriate for use until adulthood apparently your parenting isnt up to par and should be looked at.

The bold print above really holds no weight, because many including myself might say that those that are more concerned with what their neighbor is doing rather than what they are doing themselves is a far greater issue in this world.

If you dont like what you see, dont look. If you dont like what you hear, dont listen, and if you think a man wearing a t-shirt with the word Fuck on it to a professional football game isnt appropriate, watch from home. He had just as much right to wear that shirt in public as a church does to take scripture and place it on billboards and signage in plain view.[/quote]

I really couldn't disagree more. This is what happens when people start confusing license with freedom.

It's no coincidence that the societies with the most flourishing art seem to have censorship in place. If artistic expression is given absolute freedom, it usually ends up by drowning anything of quality in a sea of generic "pushing-the-envelope" nonsense.

"Repress the artist in order to elevate art."

[quote name='USNBENGAL the Original' post='582802' date='Nov 1 2007, 11:58 AM']What a chicken shit cop out...

Yeah... let's equate a "Jesus Saves" T-shirt or billboard to a "Fuck Off" t-shirt or billboard.

Do you technically have a point? Yes.

Technically speaking... I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's ass, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it.

It's completely ignorant thinking like this that is the cause of the problems that we have today.

"I want to wear the words FUCK OFF on my shirt because I like the shock value attention I get, because I was abused as a child and am trying to make up for it now"

What a crock of shit.[/quote]

you are giving Rumble a hard time about not wanting to listen to your opinion, yet when anyone disagrees with you its a chicken shit cop out?

Personally the word fuck doesnt bother me in the slightest, infact its one of my favorite words to use when im upset. The Jesus saves billboards dont bother me either, I grew up in a christian home and I believe in god, but there is no difference between the words fuck and jesus saves in the public eye, both can be considered offensive depending on where you come from and/or your backround. Damage is done even if only one person is offended by something they hear or read.

Being and adult means you understand the differences in people, accept them and move on. We live in a melting pot, times are changing, people are changing and with each generation values are changing. It doesnt make what you grew up with or your thoughts on a specific topic any better or more right than another.

You can call my thinking ignorant, but ive brought a valid arguement to the table and you respond by sticking your head in a bulls ass and calling me a chicken shit. please explain how your thinking is correct and mine is wrong and I will retract what ive said here and move on.

[quote name='Actium' post='582829' date='Nov 1 2007, 12:29 PM']I really couldn't disagree more. This is what happens when people start confusing license with freedom.

[b]It's no coincidence that the societies with the most flourishing art seem to have censorship in place.[/b] If artistic expression is given absolute freedom, it usually ends up by drowning anything of quality in a sea of generic "pushing-the-envelope" nonsense.

"Repress the artist in order to elevate art."[/quote]

Really? Like where? I'm not disagreeing per se`, I just can't seem to think of any examples.

[quote name='Lucid' post='582837' date='Nov 1 2007, 11:43 AM']Really? Like where? I'm not disagreeing per se`, I just can't seem to think of any examples.[/quote]

Such as the Austrian Empire that gave rise to the greatest composers of all time. And France that forced playwrights to be clever enough to disguise their social critiques.

[quote name='NASTYNATI' post='582834' date='Nov 1 2007, 12:39 PM']you are giving Rumble a hard time about not wanting to listen to your opinion, yet when anyone disagrees with you its a chicken shit cop out?

Personally the word fuck doesnt bother me in the slightest, infact its one of my favorite words to use when im upset. The Jesus saves billboards dont bother me either, I grew up in a christian home and I believe in god, but there is no difference between the words fuck and jesus saves in the public eye, both can be considered offensive depending on where you come from and/or your backround. Damage is done even if only one person is offended by something they hear or read.

Being and adult means you understand the differences in people, accept them and move on. We live in a melting pot, times are changing, people are changing and with each generation values are changing. It doesnt make what you grew up with or your thoughts on a specific topic any better or more right than another.

You can call my thinking ignorant, but ive brought a valid arguement to the table and you respond by sticking your head in a bulls ass and calling me a chicken shit. please explain how your thinking is correct and mine is wrong and I will retract what ive said here and move on.[/quote]

Is it really equal in your mind... the "Jesus" billboard and the "Fuck Whatever" t-shirt? You can equate the purposeful juvenile vulgarity on a t-shirt with a billboard advertising a faith?

Being adult also carries the responsibility of being accountable for your actions.

You talk about "accepting differences and moving on". When asked about "accepting the differences" of people thinking it's WRONG to be vulgar in public I'm told "Don't look" or "Tough shit, I wear what I want".
Is THAT accepting differences?
I personally call that "Do as I say, but not as I do" mentality?

Maybe the word doesn't offend you, but will you concede that it offends many?
Do you (or would you) teach your kids that it is offensive, or since it ISN'T to you, do you (or would you) let them use it in their everyday vocabulary?
Of course it offends many people, and by your statement "Damage is done even if only one person is offended by something they hear or read."... why purposely set out to offend?

Is it ok to offend on purpose and not too care if you do?

A three year old can tell you the the word "Fuck" is a bad word and is NOT to be used.

Values DO change, I have no problem with that.
Yet I still haven't heard of ANYONE teaching their kids that it's ok to offend people on purpose and not care about it.

Values change, as do common courtesy and manners... would YOU say that we're better off now than we were 20/30/40 years ago when courtesy and manners were EXPECTED?

That same three year old won't tell you the picture of the man with a beard wanting to save something is bad... unless you are telling the three year old that it IS bad.

[quote name='Actium' post='582838' date='Nov 1 2007, 12:46 PM']Such as the Austrian Empire that gave rise to the greatest composers of all time. And France that forced playwrights to be clever enough to disguise their social critiques.[/quote]

Hmmm... Well I can't say I concure with your examples. but since it isn't important to this thread (and considering the thread is hardly relevant to football), and since I lack both the interest and energy to debate the topic I'll just leave it lie.

Rumble, you're my boy......

But, in this case, I am disappointed in your tshirt. I understand the message is right for the atmosphere of a Pitt-Bengals game but the method in getting that message across in my opinion has crossed the line. Come up with something more clever to say the same thing but in a different way. But in the end, I realize you're a man and will make your own decision(s). Just know that there is something called social responsibility. I realize the topic of the thread had to do with legality of such a thing and not the morality, but I had to add my two cents. And as I don't know about the legality of it, the above post is what you get :P

If you go back and read my post you'll find that I neither advocate laws against shirts like the one you wore nor do I find it personally offensive. I merely wish that people like you had enough regard for other people not to wear it. I accept that you dont. I accept that your need to draw attention to yourself by wearing a shirt like the one you described overrides any sense of common decency you have. And, I even accept that the fact your actions make it impossible for me to feel comfortable taking my nine and ten year olds to a game. I just thinks its a sad commentary on you and society in general.

Definition:

Psychopathic Personality -- a disordered state characterized by a clear perception of reality except for the individual's social and moral obligations and often by the pursuit of immediate personal gratification.

[quote]Is it really equal in your mind... the "Jesus" billboard and the "Fuck Whatever" t-shirt? You can equate the purposeful juvenile vulgarity on a t-shirt with a billboard advertising a faith?[/quote]

[img]http://www.flamewarrior.com/gamow/jesus_cunt_full.jpg[/img]

Yes. Yes indeed.

[quote name='IKOTA' post='582864' date='Nov 1 2007, 12:28 PM']Rumble, you're my boy......

But, in this case, I am disappointed in your tshirt. I understand the message is right for the atmosphere of a Pitt-Bengals game but the method in getting that message across in my opinion has crossed the line. Come up with something more clever to say the same thing but in a different way. But in the end, I realize you're a man and will make your own decision(s). Just know that there is something called social responsibility. I realize the topic of the thread had to do with legality of such a thing and not the morality, but I had to add my two cents. And as I don't know about the legality of it, the above post is what you get :P[/quote]

"Forcibly Copulate With pissburgh, If pissburgh could be Transmogrified into an Organism Capable of Such Activity"

That would be my T-Shirt

[quote name='VonBlade' post='582896' date='Nov 1 2007, 12:56 PM'][img]http://www.flamewarrior.com/gamow/jesus_cunt_full.jpg[/img]

Yes. Yes indeed.[/quote]

No real atheist would be offended by a "Jesus Saves" shirt. The ones who do are just poseurs out to stir the pot.

[quote name='Actium' post='582917' date='Nov 1 2007, 06:25 PM']No real atheist would be offended by a "Jesus Saves" shirt. The ones who do are just poseurs out to stir the pot.[/quote]

*puts on serious voice*
Depends. As a militant atheist I think that anyone who finds religion either good or useful is insane. I cannot, at all in the slightest, comprehend how any rational person could believe in something that promotes love and yet in the same breath has caused more death and fear than anything else besides Malaria.

IF there is a God (of any denomination) then they should be loving enough to neither allow the hate that there is in the world (yes it's an old argument but still valid) nor demand that you worship them and live by their rules else be damned to hell.

You can't in one breath say that God allows all the hatred and suffering because we have free will, and in the other breath have to live by It's rules. Contradiction factor 10 Mr Sulu.

Fuck that for a game of soldiers.

I'll stop before this gets moved to J&W.
VB

[quote name='VonBlade' post='582978' date='Nov 1 2007, 02:57 PM']*puts on serious voice*
Depends. As a militant atheist I think that anyone who finds religion either good or useful is insane. I cannot, at all in the slightest, comprehend how any rational person could believe in something that promotes love and yet in the same breath has caused more death and fear than anything else besides Malaria.

IF there is a God (of any denomination) then they should be loving enough to neither allow the hate that there is in the world (yes it's an old argument but still valid) nor demand that you worship them and live by their rules else be damned to hell.

You can't in one breath say that God allows all the hatred and suffering because we have free will, and in the other breath have to live by It's rules. Contradiction factor 10 Mr Sulu.

Fuck that for a game of soldiers.

I'll stop before this gets moved to J&W.
VB[/quote]

But how could it offend you? If anything I would think you would be amused. A detached sense of superiority is what I imagine one would feel.

Me, I don't care about most anything and people that take things seriously amuse me. As if there is any point to existence or anything that truly matters in the grand scheme of things.

Archived