Sign Faneca

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='612335' date='Dec 21 2007, 06:25 PM']I highlighted the part where you said "Even With Faneca Im not sure Id trade them line for line even up....." as in no way would I do that.

Would I let Stacey walk move Whit to RT and sign him? Maybe, but only at a fair price, and I think he wants to be paid. Now this anamosity for the steelers he apparently now has, might make him cheaper to one of their rivals, and if so I'd jump on it. But I dont want to pay him to be the highest paid G in the league, (at 31) when we have bigger needs on the other side of the ball. We draft well on O, and can get a G in the draft. (or if there is a cheaper opition in FA).[/quote]

This is a good year for OT's in the draft and some very good guards... None better than Duke Robinson of Oklahoma though.. guy is massive roadblocker and protects well... 6'5 345lbs give or take....
second rounder right now.. team that gets him will probably have a quality guard for years to come.

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' post='612227' date='Dec 21 2007, 01:02 PM']That is why I suggested moving him to RT and sign Faneca or another good guard to take his place at LG.[/quote]

fuck that... sign faneca and have him take over at center, thereby killing 2 birds with one stone. i have absolutely zero concerns he could handle the job. our OL would move back into elite status, yes, even better than the days of richie braham.

guard play isn't our big problem. guichek's the weak link.

The more I read about Duke Robinson guard out of Oklahoma the more Id like to see the Bengals take a shot at him....this guy is one of the best prospects at that position in a long time...dont think he has any real weakness ....dude looks unmovable ..
Be sweet to land him in the third round ...may not make it that far though...

don't tell me this wouldn't be a badass line

levi- stacy- faneca- bobbie- whit

OR

levi- faneca- guychec- bobbie- whit

but i don't see us signing faneca, i think he goes to arizonia and i'd rather use the money to get dansby or suggs
but if it happens, watchout our O will improve dramaticlly

[quote name='cwing' post='612287' date='Dec 21 2007, 03:59 PM']Didn't Pitt give up like 4 sacks last night and Dion/Marshall continuely speakin gof how often Ben got hit. Didn't they keep speaking of how teh Pitt oline was much better in run than in pass mode ----------- not sure I want guys that can't pass block.[/quote]

lol and I am sure that was all Faneca's fault.... :rolleyes:

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' post='612371' date='Dec 21 2007, 08:04 PM']as guards should be...the ones you worry about pass blocking are your tackles.[/quote]
This is true ... Ive never heard Faneca wasnt a good pass blocker just that he's an Outstanding run blocker... Id say by all the accolades laid on him that he's pretty damn good at both..
He's not making the probowl every year for nothing.

[quote]This is true ... Ive never heard Faneca wasnt a good pass blocker just that he's an Outstanding run blocker... Id say by all the accolades laid on him that he's pretty damn good at both..
He's not making the probowl every year for nothing.[/quote]

[quote]Tremendous run blocker, good athlete and great pass protector," says NFL Network analyst Mike Mayock. ...[/quote]

Archived