[quote]Sources: Dolphins' Traylor out after incident on team plane

As though the Dolphins' season didn't already have enough turmoil, nose guard Keith Traylor's absence from the game Sunday led to yet another dramatic revelation. Traylor, who was listed on the team's inactive list with an ankle injury, actually missed the game because of an incident on the team plane last Sunday that sparked a later argument between he and coach Cam Cameron one day later, two sources said. Traylor was involved in an altercation with offensive linemen Vernon Carey and Rex Hadnot in the first-class section of the plane during the team's flight back to South Florida after the loss to the New England Patriots last week, the sources said. Several people on the flight attempted to get Traylor under control with much resistance. He continued to refuse to be seated as the plane was making its descent into Florida, one of the sources said. The following day, Cameron met with the nose guard to discuss the situation, which led to an argument between the coach and Traylor. As a result, Cameron told Traylor he was not welcome on the team for the final week. The Dolphins did not cut Traylor because they didn't want him to immediately end up on another roster, one source said. After several defensive players argued for Traylor's return, Cameron relented and told the nose guard he could come back. Traylor refused. -- Miami Herald[/quote]

[url="http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/story/362163.html"]http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/story/362163.html[/url]

[quote]Chiefs DE Allen wants contract like Colts Freeney?

Jared Allen two sacks in Sunday's 13-10 loss at the New York Jets gave him 15 1/2 sacks this season and sealed his spot atop the sexiest of all defensive statistics. Now, Allen wants a contract to match. The first step toward achieving that goal is for the Chiefs' front office and the defensive end's agent to agree on how much he is worth. Allen said Sunday he has some idea. "A hundred million?" he said. "I want to be a billionaire." That was a joke. This part was not: Allen said he proved this season his play is on par with the league's top defenders, such as Indianapolis Colts defensive end Dwight Freeney. Freeney, the 2004 sacks champion and a three-time Pro Bowler, signed a contract in June that included $30 million in guarantees. Freeney is the NFL's highest-paid defender. Allen, whose contract this past season was worth $2.35 million, was asked Sunday if he thought he was as valuable as Freeney. "Oh, definitely," Allen said. That does not mean he will be paid like Freeney. Allen said contract discussions this season between his agent and Chiefs management were "silent," a sign, Allen said, he believes a rich extension is not on the horizon. He said that translates into uncertainty he will return to the Chiefs next season. -- KC Star[/quote]

[url="http://www.kansascity.com/sports/story/424364.html"]http://www.kansascity.com/sports/story/424364.html[/url]

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' post='617214' date='Jan 2 2008, 06:28 AM']I've said it from day one, there's NO WAY we are going to be able to afford Jared Allen, not even CLOSE.[/quote]

I think he got 2 DUI's also. I would love to here what the press would say about it.

[quote]Lions Woody might leave as free agent

Lions right tackle Damien Woody, who will become an unrestricted free agent in March, said he's going to take some time before he decides what his future holds for next season. "It's one of those things where I've got to see what's out there,'' Woody said. "Would I like to come back, yeah, but I owe it to myself and my family to explore the options.'' Woody started his fifth straight game at right tackle and has played well. The Lions basically haven't given up a sack in three of the last four games (Kitna was sacked once on the final play of the game against the Cowboys). If the Lions can't re-sign Woody, they'll have to go out and find another right tackle in free agency or the draft. -- Ann Arbor News[/quote]

[url="http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2007/12/johnson_knows_hes_got_work_to.html"]http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2007/...ot_work_to.html[/url]

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='617243' date='Jan 2 2008, 09:44 AM']I'm not sure I'd be going after any Detroit O-lineman.[/quote]

...but, ...they may be looking for your RT soon (Andrews). News isn't always pertinent to the obvious initial thought by the reader but may be pertinent to the result of that news.

[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='617273' date='Jan 2 2008, 10:19 AM']What do these rumors about these washed up old scrubs have to do with the Bengals?[/quote]

I know its been a little while and that you needed something to complain about, ...so I made this thread for you, ...enjoy! :D

How is that a complaint? It's a legitimate question. Who cares that some guy who should've retired 4 years ago got into it with his coach? Who cares about some guy who wants to be one of the highest paid defensive players in the league, considering the Bengals won't even consider spending that kinda money. Who cares about an offensive lineman from the Detroit Lions, one of the worst o-lines in the league?

Seriously?

[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='617279' date='Jan 2 2008, 10:33 AM']How is that a complaint? It's a legitimate question. Who cares that some guy who should've retired 4 years ago got into it with his coach? Who cares about some guy who wants to be one of the highest paid defensive players in the league, considering the Bengals won't even consider spending that kinda money. [b]Who cares[/b] about an offensive lineman from the Detroit Lions, one of the worst o-lines in the league?

Seriously?[/quote]

You do obviously... Since you have posted more in the thread than anyone else except the topic starter.

[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='617279' date='Jan 2 2008, 10:33 AM']How is that a complaint? It's a legitimate question. Who cares that some guy who should've retired 4 years ago got into it with his coach? Who cares about some guy who wants to be one of the highest paid defensive players in the league, considering the Bengals won't even consider spending that kinda money. Who cares about an offensive lineman from the Detroit Lions, one of the worst o-lines in the league?

Seriously?[/quote]

you cared enough to respond.

[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='617279' date='Jan 2 2008, 10:33 AM']How is that a complaint? It's a legitimate question. Who cares that some guy who should've retired 4 years ago got into it with his coach? Who cares about some guy who wants to be one of the highest paid defensive players in the league, considering the Bengals won't even consider spending that kinda money. Who cares about an offensive lineman from the Detroit Lions, one of the worst o-lines in the league?

Seriously?[/quote]

Should I be talking about how much I hate somebody on the Bengals?

I'm just trying to change the subject and lighten it up around here a bit. There is plenty of time to hate later. You've got to learn to pace yourself.

[quote][size=5][b]Sapp says a decision about his future will come quickly[/b][/size]
David White, Chronicle Staff Writer

Monday, December 31, 2007

OAKLAND -- -- Raiders veteran lineman Warren Sapp stood on the sideline, right by the 50-yard line, and faced the eastern stands at the Coliseum.

He put his left hand over his belly, smiled and took a bow - possibly for the last time as a Raider or otherwise - before heading to the locker room after Sunday's season-ending 30-17 loss to the Chargers.

"I've got a decision to make," said Sapp, age 35, after his 13th season in the NFL. "That decision is going to come pretty quick because I'm not one to sit around and waver.

"It's going to take me one week to make that decision. I'll be safe with that."

[b]Sapp, who signed with the Raiders in 2004, has three years left on his contract. He's owed a base salary of $5.15 million next year, so there's also a chance the Raiders will release him if he doesn't retire.[/b]

He approached Sunday's game as if it would be his last, and had five tackles and a forced fumble before leaving the game in the second half with what was reported as a shoulder injury.

Sapp finished the season with two sacks, leaving him 3.5 shy of becoming the second defensive tackle with 100 career sacks.

"I was going to be the one that made that play that made you jump up when you had your party and the barbecue going at your house," Sapp said. "That's how I was going to play today. That's what I told myself Friday when I walked into the job.

"I said, 'You know what? Who knows what tomorrow brings? If that's the last time the Raider fans are going to look at Warren Sapp on the field, they are going to look at something special because I was going to play the game today.'[/quote]

[url="http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/12/31/SPPJU75DF.DTL"]http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?...1/SPPJU75DF.DTL[/url]

The Bengals offered Sapp a 4 year $16 million contract.
He signed a 7 year $36 million, was paid about $16 million
in the 4 seasons he played for the Raiders, and is either
going to retire or be cut after 4 seasons.

Everyone said it was a bad move by the Bengals "cheap"
front office to not up the anty for Sapp. Looks like Sapp
should have taken what was offered by the Bengals.
At least he would have won more games than he lost
in the last years of his career.

Oh, and call me old fashioned, but I think Sapp should
have had that attitude every game that he played.
Not just what he thought would be his last . . .

[quote name='CoMmEnT' post='617231' date='Jan 2 2008, 08:46 AM']Also Allen is a drunk and an idiot...[/quote]

Some of you need to get out from under the Bengals rock and explore. Jared Allen is a changed man.....He does not drink anymore.

[url="http://www.kansascity.com/sports/story/423471.html"]http://www.kansascity.com/sports/story/423471.html[/url]

I would take him over JUGHead a million times over!

[quote name='TigerJ@w' post='617306' date='Jan 2 2008, 11:34 AM']Some of you need to get out from under the Bengals rock and explore. Jared Allen is a changed man.....He does not drink anymore.

[url="http://www.kansascity.com/sports/story/423471.html"]http://www.kansascity.com/sports/story/423471.html[/url]

I would take him over JUGHead a million times over![/quote]

...so is Odell Thurman (for the record).

Freeney got 72mil over 6 years. 30mil signing bonus....
Allen will want the same .. He'll be 26 come next season....
By Not signing Justin isnt that 8 mil saved to a certain degree?
Im not as versed as alot of you are on the cap and all but the savings on Justin
would make Allen's contract more approachable wouldnt it?

[quote name='Jeb' post='617308' date='Jan 2 2008, 11:37 AM']...so is Odell Thurman (for the record).[/quote]

Yeah, if we would Sign Allen, Goodell would be forced to suspend him for a year for that 2nd DUI he got, or at least the other two games he didn't get for that offense.

[quote name='claptonrocks' post='617310' date='Jan 2 2008, 11:48 AM']Freeney got 72mil over 6 years. 30mil signing bonus....
Allen will want the same .. He'll be 26 come next season....
By Not signing Justin isnt that 8 mil saved to a certain degree?
Im not as versed as alot of you are on the cap and all but the savings on Justin
would make Allen's contract more approachable wouldnt it?[/quote]

No Justin also helps us sign Stacey Andrews. I think Justin is already out the door, IMO.

[quote name='ccartman2' post='617320' date='Jan 2 2008, 11:59 AM']Yeah, if we would Sign Allen, Goodell would be forced to suspend him for a year for that 2nd DUI he got, or at least the other two games he didn't get for that offense.[/quote]

:unsure: :unsure: :unsure: ...its hard to argue with that.

[quote name='Jeb' post='617326' date='Jan 2 2008, 12:02 PM']:unsure: :unsure: :unsure: ...its hard to argue with that.[/quote]

What kind of contract are we surmising for Andrews? Willl they give him one with Willie and Levi allready making big money? Would they cut Willie to sign Stacy?
If they do that then it would come down to Justin vs Jared Allen money again .. no?

[quote name='claptonrocks' post='617333' date='Jan 2 2008, 12:07 PM']What kind of contract are we surmising for Andrews? Willl they give him one with Willie and Levi allready making big money? Would they cut Willie to sign Stacy?
If they do that then it would come down to Justin vs Jared Allen money again .. no?[/quote]

Its hard to say which way they'll go. The timing for Stacey's contract is lousy but can be done if we get the right price. We were trying to sign Steinbach, Willie, and Levi in the same year so its not inconceivable that they would spend the money on Stacey as a 3rd big money contract on the O-line. We also have to keep in mind a big contract will eventually be going to Whitworth as well but by then Willie may be done or Levi's knee gets worse. You never know how things will work out.

At some point we have to throw money at a big contract D player. I just don't think Justin is the one we should be throwing money at.

Archived