Caption ...

BlackJesus

[quote name='Bunghole' post='636199' date='Feb 27 2008, 10:58 PM']has that pic ever been contextually represented? Time/place/occasion? Did he just fail to move his hand **right at the moment** Scott Keys started playing and put it over his heart a moment later, after the pic was taken?
Anyone know?
I'm sure he's addressed this somewhere....[/quote]

I have to agree with Bung on this...no one really knows what happened in this pic and it is petty to try and crucify Obama over it....

and lmao @ trying to get BJ to admit he was wrong....has hell frozen over and no one told me?

[quote name='STRAYCAT' post='636191' date='Feb 27 2008, 10:44 PM']He isn't leading shit.[/quote]are you retarded? the code says to stand at attention facing the leader

besides, he is leading... hes leading john mccain in the polls, and its not even close.

barack aint [i]leading[/i] shit? fuck, mccain aint [i]winning[/i] shit. say hello to the 44th president of the united states of america.

[quote name='STRAYCAT' post='636191' date='Feb 27 2008, 10:44 PM']He won't wear the flag on his jacket either...whats the excuse for that. <_<[/quote]"excuse?" who the fuck said he needed an excuse for not wearing a lapel pin and in turn violating the united states flag code?

how about this, hes not a pretentious asshole who hides behind a false representation of the flag, patriotism, and the bible... is that good enough?

are YOU currently wearing a flag pin?

but lets not let that get in the way of what you are insinuating, because what you really want to say, although you wont say it because you are a coward, is that there is a man standing in the midst of the white house with dark skin, a funny name, beliefs that differ from your insular world view, and the means to make a meaningful positive change in this nation, and it scares the everloving piss out of you.

but, i know you wont get this so ill leave you with a couple quotes on patriotism from some guys who are much smarter than i ever will be and a picture of a guy who is much dumber than any elected official should be

[quote]Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.
-Samuel Johnson

Beware the leader who bangs the drums of war in order to whip the citizenry into a patriotic fervor, for patriotism is indeed a double-edged sword. It both emboldens the blood, just as it narrows the mind. And when the drums of war have reached a fever pitch and the blood boils with hate and the mind has closed, the leader will have no need in seizing the rights of the citizenry. Rather, the citizenry, infused with fear and blinded by patriotism, will offer up all of their rights unto the leader and gladly so. How do I know? For this is what I have done. And I am Caesar.
-Unknown[/quote]

[img]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y95/jrod9927/Bushtaxcuts.jpg[/img]

holy shit, bush hates america!!!!!!!!!!!1

[quote][img]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y95/jrod9927/n8827189_38566253_3100.jpg[/img]

To Whom It May Concern:

As you might have seen, vicious smears are being circulated in anonymous emails attacking Senator
Obama’s patriotism. These accusations are outrageous. As retired generals in the U.S. military and
civilians who have served at the highest levels in the Department of Defense, we know something
about patriotism, and Senator Obama is one of the most deeply patriotic Americans we know.
What makes Senator Obama patriotic?

We admire his long record of public service. Over the last two decades, he has served the American
people as a community organizer, a civil rights lawyer, constitutional law professor, a state senator,
and a U.S. senator.

We also admire his strong support for our troops and veterans. As a member of the Senate Committee
on Veterans’ Affairs, he has fought to improve care for wounded troops, slash red tape, and reform the
disability review process. He also passed legislation to combat homelessness among veterans. As
President, he will expand housing vouchers, and launch a new supportive services housing program
for at-risk veterans and their families. In addition, he will improve mental health screening and
treatment at all levels: from enlistment, to deployment, to reentry into civilian life.
Above all, we admire Senator Obama’s courage in putting his convictions ahead of his political
prospects by opposing the war in Iraq from the start. In 2002, Obama said the Iraq War could lead to
an occupation of “undetermined length, at undetermined cost, with undetermined consequences.”
Today, he’s showing the same good judgment by fighting to responsibly end the Iraq War and by
standing up to the rush to war with Iran, including opposing the Kyl-Lieberman amendment that
would provide cover for an attack on Iran.

Senator Obama’s personal history represents the best of the American Dream. His grandfather fought
in Patton’s army and went to school on the GI Bill. His grandmother worked on a bomber assembly
line during World War II. His father crossed an ocean in search of the promise of America. And his
mother taught him that America has a place for everyone’s dreams.

Senator Obama’s attackers are peddling lies and smears because they disagree with his strong opposi-
tion to the war in Iraq and the rush to war in Iran. They know that as President, Barack Obama will
end the ugly, divisive, slash-and-burn style of politics that they have mastered. To all those trying
desperately to discredit Senator Obama’s patriotism, take it from us: we have served this nation for
decades, and we know a true patriot when we see one. Barack Obama is a patriot. America needs
him now.

Sincerely,
Gen. Merrill “Tony” McPeak, USAF (Ret)
Maj. Gen. J. Scott Gration, USAF (Ret)
Richard Danzig, Secretary of the Navy (1998-2001)[/quote]

[quote name='Nati Ice' post='636204' date='Feb 27 2008, 10:33 PM']are you retarded? the code says to stand at attention facing the leader

besides, he is leading... hes leading john mccain in the polls, and its not even close.

barack aint [i]leading[/i] shit? fuck, mccain aint [i]winning[/i] shit. say hello to the 44th president of the united states of america.

"excuse?" who the fuck said he needed an excuse for not wearing a lapel pin and in turn violating the united states flag code?

how about this, hes not a pretentious asshole who hides behind a false representation of the flag, patriotism, and the bible... is that good enough?

but lets not let that get in the way of what you are insinuating, because what you really want to say, although you wont say it because you are a coward, is that there is a man standing in the midst of the white house with dark skin, a funny name, beliefs that differ from your insular world view, and the means to make a meaningful positive change in this nation, and it scares the everloving piss out of you.

but, i know you wont get this so ill leave you with a couple quotes on patriotism from some guys who are much smarter than i ever will be and a picture of a guy who is much dumber than any elected official should be

holy shit, bush hates america!!!!!!!!!!!1[/quote]
however, all those smiling white people with Bush surely represent America's best interests. You're intentionally ignoring that FACT....
:ninja:

[quote name='Bunghole' post='636194' date='Feb 27 2008, 10:47 PM']The fact of the matter is that MOST Americans NOT in uniform will place their hand over their heart when the National Anthem is played/displayed.[/quote]

I try not to get involved in the political arguments, but I call untruth on this one. At sporting events, you'll see 99% of the crowd do exactly what Obama did.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='636194' date='Feb 27 2008, 10:47 PM']The fact of the matter is that MOST Americans NOT in uniform will place their hand over their heart when the National Anthem is played/displayed.[/quote]
this is all semantics but no they dont

i, like 99% of the men at any ballpark, will stand at attention facing the flag

[quote name='Bunghole' post='636194' date='Feb 27 2008, 10:47 PM']I don't really care if Obama did or not, to me, it means nothing, and is a pointless cause for those that wish to disparage Barack.
I've been at football games, etc where I wasn't exactly observant of the Anthem...am I less of an American then?
This is the WORST example to try to crucify Obama.
I'm personally not sold on him, but give the guy a break...it's a stillshot from some event, and nobody knows if he might have placed his hand over his heart **right after** the pic was taken.
And furthermore, if you want to bash the guy, bash away at his "message of hope" that seems to have little substance in terms of clear, concise policy changes that affect all of us. That's where I stand anyway.[/quote]
well said

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='636209' date='Feb 27 2008, 10:39 PM']I try not to get involved in the political arguments, but I call untruth on this one. At sporting events, you'll see 99% of the crowd do exactly what Obama did.[/quote]
While I can agree with your sentiment, 99% is a FAR stretch. FAR. And that includes the drunken louts like me that formerly served and should salute anyway...
:lol:

[quote name='Bunghole' post='636214' date='Feb 27 2008, 11:43 PM']While I can agree with your sentiment, 99% is a FAR stretch. FAR. And that includes the drunken louts like me that formerly served and should salute anyway...
:lol:[/quote]

I put my hand over my heart at every sporting event I go to when the national anthem is played.....

Hmmm...why only retired military dudes endorsing him? Where's the ringing endorsement from CURRENTLY serving military?
I know, I know, they cannot publicly endorse a candidate for the 2008 "Commander In Chief" race while currently serving under a "Commader In Chief" that can harm their retirement packages...
Glad my old man retired in 1999 when he did as a Major General having served 36 years...he's rich and it's a payload of free diapers for me...

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' post='636216' date='Feb 27 2008, 10:48 PM']I put my hand over my heart at every sporting event I go to when the national anthem is played.....[/quote]
So do I, when I can, and I have witnessed MANY others doing so...which is why I called bullshit on the "99%" proclamation.
Now, I don't really care if you do or don't at such events, especially if your in the midst of buying beer for your fellows...but if the beer guy stands erect and places his hand over his heart and takes his hat off for a minute or so...so should you.

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='636167' date='Feb 27 2008, 08:56 PM'][center]

[size=3][b][color="#ff0000"]FACT[/color] = The National Anthem was playing here ... not the Pledge

[color="#ff0000"]FACT [/color]= You are not supposed to place your hand over your heart during the national Anthem

[color="#ff0000"]FACT[/color] = You are a fucking idiot who shouldn't be allowed to vote

:wave: [/b][/size][/center][/quote]

Michelle Obama?

[quote name='Bunghole' post='636194' date='Feb 27 2008, 10:47 PM']The fact of the matter is that MOST Americans NOT in uniform will place their hand over their heart when the National Anthem is played/displayed.
I don't really care if Obama did or not, to me, it means nothing, and is a pointless cause for those that wish to disparage Barack.
I've been at football games, etc where I wasn't exactly observant of the Anthem...am I less of an American then?
This is the WORST example to try to crucify Obama.
I'm personally not sold on him, but give the guy a break...it's a stillshot from some event, and nobody knows if he might have placed his hand over his heart **right after** the pic was taken.
And furthermore, if you want to bash the guy, bash away at his "message of hope" that seems to have little substance in terms of clear, concise policy changes that affect all of us. That's where I stand anyway.[/quote]

W-H-H-H-H-O-A, Bung, let's not start being reasonable here. :rofl:

I can't remember the last time I put my hand over my heart during the national anthem, I'm sorry, I could give [b]2 shits[/b] about arbitrary customs like that.

"OH I PUT MY HAND OVER MY HEART, I'M AN AMERICAN, THEY TOOK ERRRR JERRRRRBS!!!"

[img]http://z.about.com/d/animatedtv/1/7/p/I/sp806_Goobacks_2.jpg[/img]

Who the hell cares? If your so caught up in whether he put his hand over his heart or saluted (ive never seen a president salute, and i attended a memorial day service when Clinton was president that he was at that he gave a speech at), then you deserve what you get when things go to shit because "OMG HE DIDNT SALUTEZ DA FLAGGAZZZZZ" vs a who has the best ideas....

But dont fuck it up for the rest of us over something so incredably petty.

[quote name='Nati Ice' post='636204' date='Feb 27 2008, 11:33 PM']are you retarded? the code says to stand at attention facing the leader

"excuse?" who the fuck said he needed an excuse for not wearing a lapel pin and in turn violating the united states flag code?

holy shit, bush hates america!!!!!!!!!!!1[/quote]

damn, badass point nati... except that this is when bush signed the tax cuts... in june of 2001... a few months before a "label pin" became hip...

wait just a minute... obama refuses to wear an american flag pin and was the only person without his hand on his heart during the national anthem, but he will wear a muslim garb to show respect to other nations? why? what is his reasoning?

don't try to turn this on me or call me racist... i don't give a fuck about the muslim garb and i know exactly why he did it, but i do care about him not giving his respect to the troops, when he clearly does to other groups of people... whats he got against the troops?

[quote name='bengalrick' post='636297' date='Feb 28 2008, 09:46 AM']wait just a minute... obama refuses to wear an american flag pin and was the only person without his hand on his heart during the national anthem, but he will wear a muslim garb to show respect to other nations? why? what is his reasoning?

don't try to turn this on me or call me racist... i don't give a fuck about the muslim garb and i know exactly why he did it, but i do care about him not giving his respect to the troops, when he clearly does to other groups of people... [b]whats he got against the troops?
[/b][/quote]

They are against hope and change

:ninja:

PS, I just voted for Obamarama--the Empty Suit Who Could

[quote]Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the
bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them
they are being attacked, and [b]denounce the pacifists for lack of
patriotism[/b] and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in
any country.[/quote]

This is one thing that Goering got right.

This is why I find politicians who wrap themselves in the flag disingenuous.
The regular people who do this are merely fools who have fallen for it.
When God Bless America plays during the 7th inning stretch, I leave my
seat and hit the can. If I'm lucky I'm back in time for Take Me Out to the
Ballgame.

[quote name='CincyInDC' post='636302' date='Feb 28 2008, 11:09 AM']This is one thing that Goering got right.

[color="#FF0000"]This is why I find politicians who wrap themselves in the flag disingenuous.
The regular people who do this are merely fools who have fallen for it. [/color]
When God Bless America plays during the 7th inning stretch, I leave my
seat and hit the can. If I'm lucky I'm back in time for Take Me Out to the
Ballgame.[/quote]

clears throat.... WORD!

[quote name='bengalrick' post='636297' date='Feb 28 2008, 10:46 AM']wait just a minute... obama refuses to wear an american flag pin and was the only person without his hand on his heart during the national anthem, but he will wear a muslim garb to show respect to other nations? why? what is his reasoning?

don't try to turn this on me or call me racist... i don't give a fuck about the muslim garb and i know exactly why he did it, but i do care about him not giving his respect to the troops, when he clearly does to other groups of people... whats he got against the troops?[/quote]

he wasn't disrespecting the troops, and what exactly does the national anthem have to do with the troops anyway? The song is about the flag, not the troops.

[quote name='bengalrick' post='636297' date='Feb 28 2008, 10:46 AM']wait just a minute... obama refuses to wear an american flag pin and was the only person without his hand on his heart during the national anthem, but he will wear a muslim garb to show respect to other nations? why? what is his reasoning?

don't try to turn this on me or call me racist... i don't give a fuck about the muslim garb and i know exactly why he did it, but i do care about him not giving his respect to the troops, when he clearly does to other groups of people... whats he got against the troops?[/quote]

You draw a connection between caring about troops and arbitrary gestures like that? Really? I'd hope you're being somewhat facetious and put stock in a politician's body of work and not insignificant matters like that. [b]How bout the fact that he voted not to throw all our troops into that hellhole known as Iraq?[/b] How's that for caring?

Archived