I Want Pacman in Stripes

[quote name='Rick' timestamp='1206905554' post='647194']
Don't start crying to me when the Cowboys are winning games because of their defense, and you start posting, "We should have listened to Rick! The Cowboys' defense is awesome and our defense (fill-in the blank) ___________! We should have listened to Rick. Our defense is horrible!"

Pacman will be a model citizen.

[size="7"]However, I will NEVER say, "I told you so," because I am not that kind of a guy.[/size] But I will be thinking it.

Think about it. Have an open mind, please.
[/quote]

So much for that..

[quote name='Rick' timestamp='1206926913' post='647242']
I am not stubborn. I never said Pacman would fix our problems stopping the run. I said he would shut down one side. He is one piece of the puzzle for the total defense.

[b]Mark my words, write it down, Pacman will change for the better, just like Odell will change for the better.[/b] Pacman will help the Cowboys' defense. However, I will not say, "I told you so!"
[/quote]

:panicbutton:

[quote name='Rick' timestamp='1207051800' post='647566']
I feel strongly about letting people know we should get Pacman Jones on this message board. Why here? I believe there are people in the Bengals' office that read this board because it is truly the pulse of the Bengals fans. This board has the highest level of ____________ (fill-in the blank with something positive here) fans compared to all of the other Bengal boards. With that said, those of you reading this thread from the Bengals' office, please consider making a trade to aquire Pacman Jones. Pacman may not play next year, BUT he will be a PLUS for us when he comes back to the NFL. The cost to aquire Jones would be little compared to what a player with his talents could seek. Please do not pay too much attention to some the people on the board saying, "No, no, on!" They mean well, but they don't see the entire picture a year from now. I know many of the front office personel read the posts here. I KNOW even Mike Brown has read from go-bengals.com, too. Thank you for your consideration in the Pacman Jones matter.
[/quote]

This might still be my favorite delusional post of all time.

Hello Mike and Katie,

I know you both read go-bengals.com. I like how you are going after players that may not be boy scouts BUT can help us win the AFCN and go deep into the playoffs this year. Sometimes some of my family members here on go-bengals.com may speak with colorful words, and they do get excited. That's just the way it is here as you both know from reading the posts over the years. They are TRUE Bengals fans and love your team.

Keep up the good work, and please send me a message so I know you read my post!

Thanks Mike and Katie!

Rick

[quote name='Rick' timestamp='1283339411' post='912358']
Hello Mike and Katie,

I know you both read go-bengals.com. I like how you are going after players that may not be boy scouts BUT can help us win the AFCN and go deep into the playoffs this year. Sometimes some of my family members here on go-bengals.com may speak with colorful words, and they do get excited. That's just the way it is here as you both know from reading the posts over the years. They are TRUE Bengals fans and love your team.

Keep up the good work, and please send me a message so I know you read my post!

Thanks Mike and Katie!

Rick
[/quote]

Rick, you're hilarious.

• 3 years later...

THIS IS MY BELOVED POST! YES! CINCYINDC ROCKS!

While I agree Jones has been a good player for the roll he plays on this team, the guy NEVER became the player he was touted as coming out of college at pick #6 and truth be told.  He is a situational player on passing downs although he plays well when in.  He isn't Richard Sherman or Darrelle Revis who play almost every down and shut down the opposing team's best receiver.   

Fact is the best AV (approximate value on Pro Football Reference) score he has had while here is 4 which isn't high.  Yeah, he is a nice player playing a roll on this team but he isn't the massive difference maker you made him out to be.  Keep in mind Dallas lost him for 4 games because he still had not gotten it so there is no telling how he would have acted here in 2008 on a 4-11 team.   

It you take a look at what was going on in his life in 2008 and the fact that he still had serious anger issues, I am glad we didn't pick him up then.

While I agree Jones has been a good player for the roll he plays on this team, the guy NEVER became the player he was touted as coming out of college at pick #6 and truth be told.  

I think Pac Man fits as a top 10 draft pick from that year.       He's certainly had better NFL careers than some other top 5 picks from that class like Braylon Edwards, Benson, etc. 

The CBs selected behind him were  Carlos Rogers, Antrell Rolle.    Other CBs selected in the  drafts that sandwhiched 05 (04 and 06) were guys like Deangelo Hall, Dunta Robinson, Tye Hill, Allen, J. Joe, Cromartie.

2003 had Newman as the top CB also with Trufant, Namdi, Tillman

Revis and Hall in 07.  

Obviously you have some stand outs but then you've got mroe guys that Pac Man fits with.  Carlos Rogers has gotten recognition late in his career with SF but I think Pac could throw his name into that level of CBing.

...a couple of arrests that included punching a chick in the face later..

He's probably going to get a firm shove out of his nickel duties this year by Darqueze.

Denard may share some time at nickel in the beginning, but by late season I see him taking over a starting CB position.

Archived