Per Lance's show - Brooks accused of assult

[quote name='top6' post='661915' date='May 1 2008, 03:36 PM'][color="#FF0000"]Wow. It didn't take long for you all to convince yourself this was BS. Good work.[/color]

Obviously, none of us have any fricking idea what happened or where this will go.[/quote]

If a man his size and weight hit a woman and knocked her out, there would have been some sort of physical evidence of that, be it a bruise or black eye or a bump on the head. If that were the case a warrent would have been issued. That didnt happen. I think its a fairly safe bet this didnt happen and the woman is trying to extract money. Do I know that for sure? Of course not, but looking at it I think its pretty safe to at least assume that she wasnt knocked out, which doesnt make her creditable.

[quote name='top6' post='661915' date='May 1 2008, 03:36 PM']Wow. It didn't take long for you all to convince yourself this was BS. Good work.

Obviously, none of us have any fricking idea what happened or where this will go.[/quote]

Everyone said that it was BS about Henry too. And that drafting more thugs was no big deal.

Whatever, I'm beyond numb w/ these accusations. Here's what we DO know. This occurred about 3 weeks ago. Why wait? Cops have already come and gone. Not a lot more can be done, if there are no corroborating witnesses. Her lawyer having no comment is weird. They usually trump up the allegations when asked for quote.

It's sad, I think 85% of our fanbase here is probably a qualified paralegal now due to this football team's shenanigans.

[quote name='top6' post='661915' date='May 1 2008, 03:36 PM']Wow. It didn't take long for you all to convince yourself this was BS. Good work.

No, but I have lots of experience with cases like this. I can evaluate the evidence pretty accurately most of the time.

Honestly, a fracas like this would have attracted a lot of attention. The rumours would have spread like wildfire through the grapevine if not through the news media.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='661919' date='May 1 2008, 04:42 PM']Actually Phat I belive if the KY law only applies if its not your sister :ninja:[/quote]

:o I think the statute in KY may also have an exemption if it is your mother and she is also your sister and is your girlfriend. I need to go look it up but I'm pretty sure I'm correct on this language. I'll report back later once I find it......

:ninja:

[quote name='BurnsBengal' post='661928' date='May 1 2008, 03:50 PM']Good posting. I, myself, am pro-assualt and battery.

...Oh yeah and pro-DUI.[/quote]

:lol:

[quote name='Phatcat' post='661929' date='May 1 2008, 03:50 PM']:o I think the statute in KY may also have an exemption if it is your mother and she is also your sister and is your girlfriend. I need to go look it up but I'm pretty sure I'm correct on this language. I'll report back later once I find it......

:ninja:[/quote]

I believe your correct here.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='661937' date='May 1 2008, 03:57 PM']also, I would think Brooks would warn the team about this (I'd hope at least). And if they are concerned about this, they don't cut 2 LB's today.[/quote]

or he did tell them and they take it about that seriously that they still felt they could cut those guys

It says in the Q article that the cops must witness the incident to make an arrest....

Florence police spokesman John McDermond confirmed that officers responded to the scene after the fight. He said the incident is considered a fourth-degree assault and that officers have to witness it to make an arrest.

[quote name='TigerJ@w' post='661940' date='May 1 2008, 04:02 PM']It says in the Q article that the cops must witness the incident to make an arrest....

Florence police spokesman John McDermond confirmed that officers responded to the scene after the fight. He said the incident is considered a fourth-degree assault and that officers have to witness it to make an arrest.[/quote]

Can someone get a claification here. They have to witness the actual assult or if there is physical evidence (ie: like a black eye) could they have issued a warrent as well without witnessing it? (i know what the law in VA says, no idea what it is in KY)

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='661943' date='May 1 2008, 04:06 PM']Can someone get a claification here. They have to witness the actual assult or if there is physical evidence (ie: like a black eye) could they have issued a warrent as well without witnessing it? (i know what the law in VA says, no idea what it is in KY)[/quote]

I'd say, if there were EITHER, Ahmad would have been arrested by now. It's never good when an alleged assault occurs, then weeks go by before any legal action is started. The fact that the police are through the investigating the matter seem to indicate there was nothing more worth pursuing.

[quote name='BengalsNYC' post='661948' date='May 1 2008, 04:17 PM']I'd say, if there were EITHER, Ahmad would have been arrested by now. It's never good when an alleged assault occurs, then weeks go by before any legal action is started. The fact that the police are through the investigating the matter seem to indicate there was nothing more worth pursuing.[/quote]

This is my thought as well. (but i am curious as to what the actual law is for KY)

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='661943' date='May 1 2008, 05:06 PM']Can someone get a claification here. They have to witness the actual assult or if there is physical evidence (ie: like a black eye) could they have issued a warrent as well without witnessing it? (i know what the law in VA says, no idea what it is in KY)[/quote]

Maybe Rudi32 can clarify - can't recall seeing him here lately. But I do know for a fact in OH this police seeing the incident is not required. Not to get into my personal life, but I had a crazed wife who whopped me upside the head from behind with a telephone. Police did not witness and she was still arrested on the spot for a 4th degree felony. Must have been all the blood and 3" gash in my head.........

[quote name='Phatcat' post='661950' date='May 1 2008, 04:19 PM']Maybe Rudi32 can clarify - can't recall seeing him here lately. But I do know for a fact in OH this police seeing the incident is not required. Not to get into my personal life, but I had a crazed wife who whopped me upside the head from behind with a telephone. Police did not witness and she was still arrested on the spot for a 4th degree felony. Must have been all the blood and 3 gash in my head.........[/quote]

Same holds true for VA. I imagine its like that in most states as well, but until someone in the know about KY can say so...

Archived