Per Lance's show - Brooks accused of assult

[quote name='Phatcat' post='661950' date='May 1 2008, 04:19 PM']Maybe Rudi32 can clarify - can't recall seeing him here lately. But I do know for a fact in OH this police seeing the incident is not required. Not to get into my personal life, but I had a crazed wife who whopped me upside the head from behind with a telephone. Police did not witness and she was still arrested on the spot for a 4th degree felony. Must have been all the blood and 3" gash in my head.........[/quote]

ex wife?

[quote name='globetrotter' post='661952' date='May 1 2008, 05:23 PM']ex wife?[/quote]

Now she is........

Must have been the "Cunt Bitch Whore" comment I threw out there after I found out she was fucking around on me! <_<

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='661900' date='May 1 2008, 03:16 PM']good point fred. If this happened on April 9th, why did she wait 21 days to file a statement?[/quote]

[b]
BECAUSE SHE JUST NOW FOUND OUT HE WAS RICH. FREAKIN GOLD DIGGER![/b]

[quote name='globetrotter' post='661921' date='May 1 2008, 04:44 PM']Everyone said that it was BS about Henry too. And that drafting more thugs was no big deal.[/quote]
globetrotter...

this is the kind of inflammatory bullshit post that makes me go off.

Nowhere in the thread that you quoted does ANYONE say it WAS bullshit about Henry... they HOPED it was bullshit.
There is also NOWHERE that anyone said it was ok to draft more thugs.
Just because in YOUR narrow little mind that anyone who has ever been in trouble is a THUG, doesn't mean that anyone else agree's with you.

BUT NO!!!!

You make a blanket statement spouting bullshit.

Well your bullshit statement is/was/has been called out for what it is... a narrow minded bigots outlook who tries to group everyone NOT like him together in a bad light.

Get your head out of YOUR ass globetrotter, your make believe world is fucked up and not real.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='661953' date='May 1 2008, 04:26 PM']"had" a wife ;)[/quote]

"had a crazed wife". Many happily married people here will probably confirm that they have all "had a crazed wife" even though they have never been divorced. :lol:

[quote name='USN Bengal' post='661956' date='May 1 2008, 04:31 PM']globetrotter...

Nowhere in the thread that you quoted does ANYONE say it WAS bullshit about Henry... they HOPED it was bullshit.
Just because in YOUR narrow little mind that anyone who has ever been in trouble is a THUG, doesn't mean that anyone else agree's with you.

BUT NO!!!!

Well your bullshit statement is/was/has been called out for what it is... a narrow minded bigots outlook who tries to group everyone NOT like him together in a bad light.

Get your head out of YOUR ass globetrotter, your make believe world is fucked up and not real.[/quote]

Umm, in the very first page of that a handful of people called it bullshit.

Also, the allowances that many here have given the bengals for drafting Jason Shirley and Mario Urritria are a confirmation that they are ok with having thugs on the team.

[quote name='globetrotter' post='661957' date='May 1 2008, 04:34 PM']"had a crazed wife". Many happily married people here will probably confirm that they have all "had a crazed wife" even though they have never been divorced. :lol:[/quote]

ZING! :lol:

[quote name='globetrotter' post='661959' date='May 1 2008, 04:36 PM']Umm, in the very first page of that a handful of people called it bullshit.

Also, the allowances that many here have given the bengals for drafting Jason Shirley and Mario Urritria are a confirmation that they are ok with having thugs on the team.[/quote]

being ok with having thugs on the team, and being choosing to not be naive enough to think that someone can grow up after making a mistake are two separate things.

Neither Shirley nor Urrutia have gotten in trouble as members of the Bengals. Until that changes, they should have the benefit of the doubt that they have matured.

It's incredibly foolish and, well rude, to assume that someone you've never met is a "thug" because of something they've done in their past, and to assume that they couldn't have changed for the better since it happened.

Holy shit... If the cops need to witness an assault to "do anything about it" is pretty damn fucked up, and pretty much implausible.

Seriously... If that's the case, they might as well legalize and provide tax breaks for wife beating.

Holy SHeeiiit! It's a beat-down free for all in Keeeeentuuuckeh!!

You don't have to witness an assault to make an arrest in Ohio. All you need is probable cause to believe an assault occured, and the victim has to want to press charges (which is great because all the tards I deal with never want to press charges which = no paperwork B) )

[quote name='USN Bengal' post='661956' date='May 1 2008, 04:31 PM']globetrotter...

BUT NO!!!!

Get your head out of YOUR ass globetrotter, your make believe world is fucked up and not real.[/quote]

His parallel isn't spot-on by any means, BUT I think people should neither convict or acquit Brooks until he's arrested or isn't arrested. As we found out in the last Henry incident, predicting the story is BS at this point is foolish. Nobody has any clue what the truth is or whether Brooks will be arrested.

Glad to hear Ahmad can still lay a good lick.....might try him at MLB after all..
would have kicked her while she was down cept for that naggin groin Im sure..

Hey Jerome and the rest of the rooks..
Welcome to the Nati'....aint called the Jungle for nuthin'.....

sigh.....

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='661961' date='May 1 2008, 04:39 PM']being ok with having thugs on the team, and being choosing to not be naive enough to think that someone can grow up after making a mistake are two separate things.

Neither Shirley nor Urrutia have gotten in trouble as members of the Bengals. Until that changes, they should have the benefit of the doubt that they have matured.

It's incredibly foolish and, well rude, to assume that someone you've never met is a "thug" because of something they've done in their past, and to assume that they couldn't have changed for the better since it happened.[/quote]

Have you met Chris Henry? Would you let him babysit your kids? Afterall of his transgressions have happened in the past.

We are paying these people millions of dollars. The least they can do is not get in trouble with the law.

To be honest with you I completely agree with the first part of your email. People can grow up after making a mistake. The Cincinnati Bengals are not currently in a position to take risks on players like this. We have been consistently burned by them in the recent past. Taking these risks is okay when they are few and far between. When you litter your team with questionable characters you don't know who you can rely on and the focus of the team goes away from football. We need professionals.

[quote name='Inigo Montoya' post='661965' date='May 1 2008, 04:49 PM']His parallel isn't spot-on by any means, BUT I think people should neither convict or acquit Brooks until he's arrested or isn't arrested. As we found out in the last Henry incident, predicting the story is BS at this point is foolish. Nobody has any clue what the truth is or whether Brooks will be arrested.[/quote]

Absolutely. This story sounds silly, but we have been fooled before.

[quote name='globetrotter' post='661969' date='May 1 2008, 04:54 PM']Absolutely. This story sounds silly, but we have been fooled before.[/quote]

to quote Marvin with a Who song " We wont get fooled again....no no"
when in reality we're like Zeppelin...."Song remains the same"

gotta love thug nation in the nati..... :lol:

[quote name='globetrotter' post='661968' date='May 1 2008, 04:53 PM']Have you met Chris Henry? Would you let him babysit your kids? Afterall of his transgressions have happened in the past.

We are paying these people millions of dollars. The least they can do is not get in trouble with the law.

To be honest with you I completely agree with the first part of your email. People can grow up after making a mistake. The Cincinnati Bengals are not currently in a position to take risks on players like this. We have been consistently burned by them in the recent past. Taking these risks is okay when they are few and far between. When you litter your team with questionable characters you don't know who you can rely on and the focus of the team goes away from football. We need professionals.[/quote]

Me not judging him on face value has nothing to do with whether I've met Henry, Odell, or even Shirley. You judging them does though.

You are'nt paying them anything. Further, the Bengals are no more "less" in a position to take these risks than any other team. Henry getting in trouble has no bearing on what Shirley will or won't do as a Bengal. The problem is, people like you get so caught up in what the media thinks and says. How much talk has been reported about the Patriots using a top 10 pick on a player arrested for assault? Not a word. Their's a double standard in the league, and the Bengals are on the short stick. I could give two shits about the media and their portrayal of "our image." At the end of the day, what matters is what the team does, and what I think about it. Not what the media, or the hyena fans of other teams, thinks about my team.

As far as "the focus of the team", these guys aren't worried about what each other are doing off the field. JT was on Lance the other day and said exactly that. Regarding Chad, he flat said they don't care about what he's been doing and saying off the field. It doesn't bother them. They just go about their business.

[quote name='Inigo Montoya' post='661965' date='May 1 2008, 04:49 PM']His parallel isn't spot-on by any means, BUT I think people should neither convict or acquit Brooks until he's arrested or isn't arrested. As we found out in the last Henry incident, predicting the story is BS at this point is foolish. Nobody has any clue what the truth is or whether Brooks will be arrested.[/quote]

quoted for truth.

[quote name='Phatcat' post='661950' date='May 1 2008, 05:19 PM']...I had a crazed wife who whopped me upside the head from behind with a telephone...[/quote]

...did she follow up the hit with a [b]"Can you hear me now?"[/b] ???

:ninja:

....sorry, couldn't resist.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='661900' date='May 1 2008, 03:16 PM']good point fred. If this happened on April 9th, why did she wait 21 days to file a statement?[/quote]

maybe he knocked her out so well, she was "out" for 21 days?

then again..... :rolleyes:

[quote name='akiliMVP' post='661964' date='May 1 2008, 04:47 PM']You don't have to witness an assault to make an arrest in Ohio. All you need is probable cause to believe an assault occured, and the victim has to want to press charges (which is great because all the tards I deal with never want to press charges which = no paperwork B) )[/quote]

In VA you dont need them to even want to press charges, if there is physical evidence of an assult your getting arrested. Thats why I asked.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='661975' date='May 1 2008, 05:22 PM']I got 37.50 that says this goes away completely by july.[/quote]

Hopefully.

[quote name='Cricket' post='661976' date='May 1 2008, 05:32 PM']...did she follow up the hit with a [b]"Can you hear me now?"[/b] ???

:ninja:

....sorry, couldn't resist.[/quote]

Sorry Phat but that is damned funny. :lol:

[quote name='USN Bengal' post='661956' date='May 1 2008, 03:31 PM']globetrotter...

this is the kind of inflammatory bullshit post that makes me go off.[/quote]
So in a post about an NFL linebacker punching a woman in the face, it was that post that pissed you off?

Archived