I'm having a baby

WhoDeyThink

So my wife and I decided its time to start trying to procreate in January. It took 1 try...(I never dreamed it would happen so fast) we are now just over 3 months pregnant (with our 1st). Nov.8th is the due date.

I know alot of you have childeren (and alot of you dont). My wife and I are early 30's age.

Any advice for 1st time parents?

Times are a changin

[quote name='WhoDeyThink' post='666234' date='May 17 2008, 12:59 AM']So my wife and I decided its time to start trying to procreate in January. It took 1 try...(I never dreamed it would happen so fast) we are now just over 3 months pregnant (with our 1st). Nov.8th is the due date.

I know alot of you have childeren (and alot of you dont). My wife and I are early 30's age.

Times are a changin[/quote]

Your new job in life is to be the best father you can be.

Congratulations !!!

[quote name='Go Tory Go!' post='666241' date='May 17 2008, 01:10 AM']So you're having a baby, huh?

[img]http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/153/933658~Junior-Posters.jpg[/img][/quote]
well if I had to go through it ...it probably wouldn't happen.

OUCH!

and going "dry" for that long .... double ouch

Im in my 30s and have a 3 month daughter. I work 3rds, my wife works 1st shift. we did that so we dont have to pay for baby sitter. that being said I sleep from 6 pm to 8 pm 5 days a week. its a labor of love though, cause she is my life, but i guess the biggest change is sleep.....get ready for none.

[quote name='slim15' post='666256' date='May 17 2008, 02:48 AM']Im in my 30s and have a 3 month daughter. I work 3rds, my wife works 1st shift. we did that so we dont have to pay for baby sitter. that being said I sleep from 6 pm to 8 pm 5 days a week. its a labor of love though, cause she is my life, [b] but i guess the biggest change is sleep.....get ready for none.[/b][/quote]

it gets better dude. :)

[quote name='WhoDeyThink' post='666234' date='May 17 2008, 12:59 AM']So my wife and I decided its time to start trying to procreate in January. It took 1 try...(I never dreamed it would happen so fast) we are now just over 3 months pregnant (with our 1st). Nov.8th is the due date.

1. Sleep as much as you can now. Once the baby is here, neither of you will get enough sleep for at least a year. :)

2. Your marriage is more important now than ever. The baby will of course be very important, but don't neglect each other for the baby.

3. This one doesn't apply for a couple of years. Don't be afraid to spank. But don't do it as the sole form of discipline. And don't use it for "stuff kids do" (like playing in the mud in their Sunday best). Use it for defiance only.

sleep with the first one isnt too bad, its the 2nd one that gets ya... vmy first slept 12 hrs at night and 2-3.5 nap during the day... i never got so much sleep in my life...

2nd one tho... killin me... the first one is up till midnight to 12:30 (this is by design as with his original 12 hour sleep program, i could sleep till noon, now it backfires) then small one is up at 7am-8am, so the window closes...

once he can walk and talk ill be happier with the flow of things... its the carrying one around while keeping control of a 3 yr old, etc...

one is easy and almost effortless compared to teh horror stories youll hear from people...

i was so damn scared,.. and it was cake.... but just dont go thinking a 2nd one will be easy too...its like 57x harder...

good luck, health is the biggest thing, the first few weeks can be scary, like you wanna check on him/her every 20 minutes... but it passes and is just a very fun experience.

[quote name='Jason' post='666300' date='May 17 2008, 11:00 AM']1. Sleep as much as you can now. Once the baby is here, neither of you will get enough sleep for at least a year. :)

2. Your marriage is more important now than ever. The baby will of course be very important, but don't neglect each other for the baby.

3. This one doesn't apply for a couple of years. Don't be afraid to spank. But don't do it as the sole form of discipline. And don't use it for "stuff kids do" (like playing in the mud in their Sunday best). Use it for defiance only.[/quote]
What he said, although because of my teenage stepdaughter, we are learning many alternative views with regards to spanking, ie, it doesn't work past a certain age.

Good luck and congratulations, and let me be the first to say I DO NOT ENVY YOU!

Learn on the fly, man...

[quote name='Bunghole' post='666480' date='May 18 2008, 11:40 PM']What he said, although because of my teenage stepdaughter, we are learning many alternative views with regards to spanking, ie, it doesn't work past a certain age.

Good luck and congratulations, and let me be the first to say I DO NOT ENVY YOU!

Learn on the fly, man...[/quote]

It seems you've discovered this already, but if you're spanking your teenage stepdaughter...you're not a disciplinarian, you're a perv.

• 3 weeks later...
[quote name='WhoDeyThink' post='666251' date='May 17 2008, 02:14 AM']well if I had to go through it ...it probably wouldn't happen.

OUCH!

and going "dry" for that long .... double ouch[/quote]

i guys could have a baby, i might do it just to shut my wife up about that subject. i told her i know its hard and painful, i we could do it better as guys. i prolly still can go to work till the day of delivery and not even complain. the bitch and whine and mode swings and shit man.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='WhoDeyThink' post='674533' date='Jun 20 2008, 11:22 AM']ITS A HEALTHY BABY GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lila or Kendall, we have over 4 months to decide, but I like Lila![/quote]

In the meantime, are you just going to call the baby "Hey you"? :ninja:

• 5 weeks later...
[u]All is going well. She is feelin her kick now. Still very hard to feel from the outside though.[/u]

Side note.

TEEN PREGNANCY !! Just found out my step neace (17) is 4 months pregnant. With my wife (34) and 5 months pregnant with our 1st . Its just wierd. She hid it for the whole time. She is full fig so you could never tell up till then. I guess they are keeping it.

If I'm 17 and preg...I'm thinking that life is over and I made a big mistake. Just me.

• 1 month later...

Archived