Chad Johnson explains his "frustration"

This is pure damage control by Chad. Nothing more, nothing less. He tried every trick in the book to get traded, and he lost. Now that he's realized that he's stuck here, he's trying to rebuild some of the bridges he had burned.

While I will definately be excited if he does something well for the team (big catch, score...etc), I will never root for Chad as an individual again.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='675196' date='Jun 25 2008, 08:37 AM']Old, I like you alot. Your one of my favorite posters, but damn your stubbon sometimes.

Im not going to keep going back and forth as it will be fruitless. Believe what you want, Ill believe what I want.[/quote]

old isnt stubborn, he is right. you have some stick up your ass and it has thrown you WAY off on this topic.

[quote name='oldschooler' post='675198' date='Jun 25 2008, 08:43 AM']I'm only stubborn when I'm really sure of something.

So I'll believe what I want. And believe that you are wrong. ^_^

:P[/quote]

you are 100% right.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='675201' date='Jun 25 2008, 08:50 AM']yea its about winning the teams he wanted to go to are...

washington 9-7 2nd to last place last year, 5-11 year before, 10-6 year before..
miami - barely won a game, last place, 6-10 year before. 9-7 before that
philly - 8-8 last palce last year, only one of the three with a good record, 10-6 year before, 6-10 year before that.
dallas ( we all know that wasnt going to happen)

making the bengals have...

a better record in a tougher division over the last 3 years, a better QB, a better #2 wr, clearly he has a better chance at winning here than anywhere else.

what he doesnt have elsewhere: sudden accountability for his behavior and play, the same contract he blew most of the money from already, a bigger market for ads, revenue,...

yea im sure its just "SOME" of its about money...

he just wants to win..... in miami...or washington...or philly..... :mellow:[/quote]

right jamie, he just wants to win! :winky:

[quote name='Lucid' post='675222' date='Jun 25 2008, 10:10 AM']So finishing 1 game under 500 in a season where we lost an entire defensive unit and our franchise RB has changed you opinion that much?[/quote]

At some point you look at what has been said and start looking back at where you thought one thing, and see you were mistaken.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='675229' date='Jun 25 2008, 10:38 AM']old isnt stubborn, he is right. you have some stick up your ass and it has thrown you WAY off on this topic.

you are 100% right.

right jamie, he just wants to win! :winky:[/quote]

Whatever.

I do believe that chad started frustrated. Hell, Carson was frustrated at the end of the season. I do think, however, that rosendick convinced him that if he acted enough of a fool, that the Bengals would let him go, and that he would be better in a big market from an endorsement standpoint. Obviously, they both underesitimated Marvin and Mike's resolve, and like someone else said, it hurt hearing that NO. Especially, since it was "NO BITCH!! GO FUCK YOURSELF! HAVE A NICE DAY!"
I also think that once he got to camp and found out that nobody was on his side in this fight and that the players were willing to tell him to go to hell if he started acting out, he had an epiphany. I personally don't mind his bitching as long as he's got his mind right now, but Marvin's going to have to keep the bridle in his mouth!

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='675240' date='Jun 25 2008, 11:01 AM']At some point you look at what has been said and start looking back at where you thought one thing, and see you were mistaken.

Whatever.[/quote]

you've been completely different since the draft when they didn't get your man.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='675241' date='Jun 25 2008, 11:02 AM']between you and mully im shocked chad has time to talk.[/quote]

says the guy that says something as ridiculus as "this is marvins best draft ever".

Who-dey thurman, who-dey.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='675245' date='Jun 25 2008, 11:07 AM']you've been completely different since the draft when they didn't get your man.[/quote]

That was just the straw that broke the camels back, and it was comming before that, own used to have a quote of mine in his sig expressing my frustration after the rodgers trade fell through. It's as simple as I want a team that knows what its needs are and will do what it takes to address them.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='675246' date='Jun 25 2008, 11:10 AM']says the guy that says something as ridiculus as "this is marvins best draft ever".

Who-dey thurman, who-dey.

That was just the straw that broke the camels back, and it was comming before that, own used to have a quote of mine in his sig expressing my frustration after the rodgers trade fell through. It's as simple as I want a team that knows what its needs are and will do what it takes to address them.[/quote]

and with the Rogers trade, they attempted to do that. Rogers and the Lions are the ones that fudged the deal.

As far as Ellis, to each their own. I would have liked him as well, but lets not pretend he was a sure thing. No draft pick is. Frankly, I think getting both Rivers AND Sims (which is what we would have given up for ellis) will be much more of an immediate, and longterm help for the D.

IMO they did exactly what you wanted, they knew what their needs are (both quality DT and LB depth) and did what it took to address them, without sacrificing it to only fill one hole. Trading up for Ellis makes sense if he'll put you over the top. However, our D had many holes to fill, and IMO not giving up a valuable 3rd rounder was the right move.

[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='675173' date='Jun 25 2008, 04:33 AM']The haters are going to call bullshit but I'm glad to hear him say those things. I don't doubt some of it is money but if we're as frustrated as we are with not getting to a SB then can you even imagine what it must be like for them?
MULLY
no doubt there's a lot of damage control there though[/quote]

I'm sure Marvin, Carson, Rudi, Willie, TJ, and the rest of the team are also "Frustrated" but they don't go around trashing our team for the whole off season!! Guy has no right to act like a complete Jackass for 5 months and then say OH I was frustrated so it's ok. Fuck that guy is all I have to say. ^_^

[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='675256' date='Jun 25 2008, 11:28 AM']Did someone say Old isn't stubborn?

:rofl:

[color="#FF0000"]And I'm sure it was mostly about money, but I can guarantee there is frustration from the fact that the Bengals defense hasn't improved in 5 years.[/color]

It's hilarity at it's finest.[/quote]

Thank you!!!

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='675254' date='Jun 25 2008, 11:25 AM']and with the Rogers trade, they attempted to do that. Rogers and the Lions are the ones that fudged the deal.

As far as Ellis, to each their own. I would have liked him as well, but lets not pretend he was a sure thing. No draft pick is. Frankly, I think getting both Rivers AND Sims (which is what we would have given up for ellis) will be much more of an immediate, and longterm help for the D.

IMO they did exactly what you wanted, they knew what their needs are (both quality DT and LB depth) and did what it took to address them, without sacrificing it to only fill one hole. Trading up for Ellis makes sense if he'll put you over the top. However, our D had many holes to fill, and IMO not giving up a valuable 3rd rounder was the right move.[/quote]

Imo there were more needs than you were going to fill in one year's draft. Get the DT that you have needed since Marvin got here, and address the other needs at a later date.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='675258' date='Jun 25 2008, 11:32 AM']Imo there were more needs than you were going to fill in one year's draft. Get the DT that you have needed since Marvin got here, and address the other needs at a later date.[/quote]

so you're saying this is a rebuilding year?

For the most part they've adressed their needs. Depth along the d-line, depth at WR, special teams depth, o-line depth and depth in the secondary. Sure some of it has a lot of maturing to do, but its better than "addressing it at a later date".

Without Rivers or a 3rd round pick, who is your starting WLB in 3 months? Hell, we're worried enough about there being a lack of backup at WLB at this point.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='675261' date='Jun 25 2008, 11:41 AM']so you're saying this is a rebuilding year?

For the most part they've adressed their needs. Depth along the d-line, depth at WR, special teams depth, o-line depth and depth in the secondary. Sure some of it has a lot of maturing to do, but its better than "addressing it at a later date".

Without Rivers or a 3rd round pick, who is your starting WLB in 3 months? Hell, we're worried enough about there being a lack of backup at WLB at this point.[/quote]

I think that the losses we have sustaned from basicly losing all of the '05 draft (minus two guys...one of whom most of us complain about in Ghiaciuc) and the fact that we have had to replace both Tory James and Deltha O'neal (as a starter) that we've had to be rebuilding to some degree since that draft. I realize we would have been thin at LB again this year, but at least we would have added the position that most of us agree has been the biggest need on D for years now.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='675262' date='Jun 25 2008, 11:46 AM']I think that the losses we have sustaned from basicly losing all of the '05 draft (minus two guys...one of whom most of us complain about in Ghiaciuc) and the fact that we have had to replace both Tory James and Deltha O'neal (as a starter) that we've had to be rebuilding to some degree since that draft. I realize we would have been thin at LB again this year, but at least we would have added the position that most of us agree has been the biggest need on D for years now.[/quote]

so basically you want to throw in the towel for this season by addressing the DT position but handicap the LB position, rather than fill both positions and have a defense that can atleast be competitive and keep you in games?

It doesn't matter how good your DT is if what's behind him sucks ass. I for one don't want Brandon Johnson starting 16 games at WLB next year.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='675246' date='Jun 25 2008, 11:10 AM']says the guy that says something as ridiculus as "this is marvins best draft ever".

Who-dey thurman, who-dey.[/quote]

are you mother fucking stupid? you would be sucking and fucking marvin if he drafted ellis. ellis isnt even a top 10 pick in a NORMAL DRAFT. he is NOT a star. u would be going on and on about how fantastic the draft was if we just had ellis instead. every other pick would be JUST FINE with you if we had ellis. he is a solid DT, period. Rivers can immediately be our best LB and we needed LB MUCH MUCH MORE than DT. id take Rivers + Sims > Ellis all day long every day. Peko, Thornton, Sims, Myers is good enough at DT considering the upgrade at DE and LB and the experience gained by our DBs last year.

if chad cared about winning he wouldnt have made comments about washington, miami and arena football. knowing those 3 things he said and u think it has to do with winning makes u an idiot.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='675266' date='Jun 25 2008, 11:55 AM']so basically you want to throw in the towel for this season by addressing the DT position but handicap the LB position, rather than fill both positions and have a defense that can atleast be competitive and keep you in games?

[b]
It doesn't matter how good your DT is if what's behind him sucks ass. I for one don't want Brandon Johnson starting 16 games at WLB next year.[/b][/quote]

who cares ellis is god!!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I'm all fursturated by losing ... and the lack of respect i been gettin, so I'm gonna call out my defense, my quarterback . . . sniff . . . sniff . . . and my franchise.

I mean how Is arizona gonna go respect Fitz like that, make him the most respected reciever in the league, and here I am 85 . . . the numbers speak for themselves. Right? Don't I deserve more respect than fitzgerald?

Cincinnati I love you . . . I really do . . . how you cheer for me and all . . . makes me feel . . . high.

You think I'm gonna skip out on that? Shoot...

[quote name='turningpoint' post='675267' date='Jun 25 2008, 12:59 PM']man i just realzized some of you guys have a shit ton of posts, it's time to step away from the keyboard.[/quote]

wow what tremendous insight!

I'm in front of a keyboard about 12 hours a day for work and I'm always writing a paper for school. Sorry if I occasionally alt-tab to another program and check this site.

[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='675283' date='Jun 25 2008, 12:31 PM']wow what tremendous insight!

I'm in front of a keyboard about 12 hours a day for work and I'm always writing a paper for school. Sorry if I occasionally alt-tab to another program and check this site.[/quote]

wow another pointless post with own being a dickhead.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='675286' date='Jun 25 2008, 12:34 PM']wow another pointless post with own being a dickhead.[/quote]

blah blah, there's nothing wrong with Own's post. It's a simple truth. Many of us have jobs that put us on the internet hours upon hours a day. It takes no time at all to pop over here to check posts.

Archived