G James Blair
LB Angelo Craig
LB Anthony Hoke
HB James Johnson
WR Clyde Logan
WR Maurice Purify
WR Mario Urrutia

* TE Matt Sherry has been put on the Reserve/Injured list

12 of the 15 players are eligible for the practice squad. The three not eligible are Ahmad Brooks, John Busing and Jeff Rowe

Fucking hell. Do we not care about third round picks or something? Ok Brooks didn't pan out and Rowe was terrible, but seriously 3rd round should still be a decent player.

[quote]LB Angelo Craig[/quote]

Cripes. I expected him to do well.

Next year we'll just trade away our draft picks for a burger and fries. Might as well :D

[quote name='VonBlade' post='693351' date='Aug 30 2008, 05:29 PM']Fucking hell. Do we not care about third round picks or something? Ok Brooks didn't pan out and Rowe was terrible, but seriously 3rd round should still be a decent player.[/quote]

I am pretty sure Rowe was a 5th round pick....

[quote name='VonBlade' post='693358' date='Aug 30 2008, 04:33 PM']Hmmm. My apologies then. It was such a shocking pick I obviously made it more shocking in my mind :D

Still, we aren't exactly drafting for the future are we. Unless the future is training camp then we rock![/quote]

HAHA
First time I laughed today. Thank you.

Man our secondary is young.

I felt OK knowing that O'Neil could step in if someone got hurt. I didn't think Jones was super impressive but...oh well.

Makes no difference though. If Odom and Geathers can't get to the QB, doesn't matter whose in the secondary, we're toast.

[quote name='cwing' post='693373' date='Aug 30 2008, 05:44 PM']Who's the #3 corner? Jones was burned all preseason.[/quote]

Yeah, uh, that's my concern as well. I wish I was a fly on the wall in the discussions that led to this cut list.

-jd

David Jones over Deltha...what the...you've got to be kidding me

$3 million is not too much for a RT that you know is going to be on the field as soon as a lineman gets injured and they shuffle Andrews to a different position

I think my mind has officially given up on the fairy tale that the Bengals actually know what they're doing and have been victims of bad luck seemingly every year

Freaking retarded

Using their logic on these other cuts, the should've cut Carson and kept Fitz, Rowe and JPalmer, which would make every NFL team jealous. Carson looked nothing close to his A game at all during the preseason. Deltha did his job better than Carson did his.

Marvin is sabotaging his job so he could get the heck out of there

It's not even worth figuring out who is projected to be the #1 pick overall next April, because it really doesn't matter

Did I say this is freaking retarded yet?

Here's the roster with the guys who made it (as of today)

QB (3)
Carson
Fitzpatrick
Jordan

RB (3)
Perry
Watson
Dorsey

FB (1)
Jeremi Johnson

WR (6)
Chad
TJ
Chatman
Simpson
Caldwell
Holt
Henry (exempt?)

TE (3)
Kelly
Utecht
Coats (also FB)

OL (9)
Ghiaciuc
Bobbie
Whitworth
Levi
Stacey
Santucci
Cook
Kooistra
Collins

DL (9)
Geathers
Odom
Thornton
Peko
Fanene
Sims
Myers
Shirley
Rucker

LB (6)
Rivers
Dhani
Jeanty
Mays
Blackstock
Brandon Johnson

DB (10)
Hall
Joseph
White
Jackson
Ndukwe
Castille
Indiana Jones
David Jones
Hebert
Lynch

STs (3)
Shayne
St. Louis
Larson

Injured Reserve
Kilmer
Britt
Marcus Maxwell
Sherry

International Practice Squad
Bjork

Practice Squad adds (my guess)
Livings
Henderson
James Johnson
Urrutia
Craig
Jim Maxwell
Uperesa
Lawrie

[quote name='MAGICTOUCH' post='693376' date='Aug 30 2008, 04:47 PM']I think my mind has officially given up on the fairy tale that the Bengals actually know what they're doing and have been victims of bad luck seemingly every year[/quote]

Only eight playoff years in their history would tend to confirm that presumption.

I like our team. Good moves all around. Jones will be pimpin, he's young, hungry, smart, cheap, and has the potential to be pretty good.

We got some players on the Ps that they can pluck should an injury occur.

Cut that fat baby.

Bengals 24
Ravens 10

Archived