**** CHEATIN ASS WILLIE ****

[quote name='Bunghole' post='697943' date='Sep 7 2008, 10:46 PM'][b]When you execute properly, it doesn't matter if the defense knows what you're going to do, they can't stop it anyway.[/b]

We didn't execute well on offense at all, and we never adjusted. That fucking shovel pass should be banished to playbook purgatory for all time. We NEVER should have run that on 4th down. I knew it was coming and I was screaming "Noooooo!" as they did it!

I take that back...the shovel pass would be a decent option on 1st down early in a game, along with the other types of measures an offense ADJUSTS to to try to take advantage of an overpursuing defense...like draws, screens, flat passes, short slants, and the like.

I cannot help but wonder why the obvious to me wasn't obvious to Brat by the third quarter. HELLO! WHAT WE'RE DOING ISN'T WORKING, TRY SOMETHING ELSE!

Goddamn this loss was horrible. Just pathetic. One of the worst I've ever seen. We have way too much talent and money wrapped up into this offense to lay a turd like that, no matter how good the defense is.

Defense played pretty good until they were completely out of gas, with the notable exception of YET AGAIN FAILING TO GET PRESSURE ON THE QB!!!!

Why can't we do that? So many other teams can...why not us? Our defensive line has sucked under Marvin, and it sucks right now.

I hope Zimmer lights a fire. Flacco didn't play great, but damn did we get lucky on some key dropped passes or what? He had ALL FUCKING DAY back there.

Story of our lives, I suppose.

Fucking suck ass bullshit.[/quote]

what a fucking crock of shit. the texans could beat the patriots 10 times straight if they knew the plays. you havent a fucking clue what your talking about.

[quote name='CrazyIrishman5' post='698068' date='Sep 8 2008, 12:47 AM']Not true!!!! 90% of offense is Catching the defense out of position and when you know what play is coming that's kind of hard to do!!!![/quote]
Exactly...which is why Bratkowski and our offense suck....its not because of Willie Anderson.

Anyway, I was wondering what excuse you apologists would come up with for the offense. This is laughable.

Calling Willie a cheater makes you sound pathetic, whiny, and out-of-touch. To not even mention the ridiculously stale, predictable playcalling, Carson's robotic-ness, and the offense's overall lack of competence makes you seem delusional.

[quote name='PakMan' post='698075' date='Sep 8 2008, 01:17 AM']Exactly...which is why Bratkowski and our offense suck....its not because of Willie Anderson.

Anyway, I was wondering what excuse you apologists would come up with for the offense. This is laughable.

Calling Willie a cheater makes you sound pathetic, whiny, and out-of-touch. To not even mention the ridiculously stale, predictable playcalling, Carson's robotic-ness, and the offense's overall lack of competence makes you seem delusional.[/quote]

piss off asshole. what the FUCK do you know? what makes you some football genius? if willie giving them info wasnt going to help them win, why would they be doing it?

if you cant discuss something, then shut the fuck up.... if you cant do that, then leave.

[quote name='PakMan' post='698075' date='Sep 8 2008, 01:17 AM']Exactly...[b]which is why Bratkowski and our offense suck[/b]....its not because of Willie Anderson.

Calling Willie a cheater makes you sound pathetic, whiny, and out-of-touch. To not even mention the ridiculously stale, predictable playcalling, Carson's robotic-ness, and the offense's overall lack of competence makes you seem delusional.[/quote]

The Bengals have been in the NFL's top seven in passing offense in each of the last three seasons, and in the top 10 in total offense each of the last three years. In third-down efficiency, Cincinnati's offense has been in the top 10 for four of the past five years.

... if Brat sucks so bad, along with the rest of our O ... then what do you call the rest of the league?

Oh wait, are facts not part of your name calling game?

[quote name='Dan_Bengals_NJ' post='698083' date='Sep 8 2008, 01:41 AM']The Bengals have been in the NFL's top seven in passing offense in each of the last three seasons, and in the top 10 in total offense each of the last three years. In third-down efficiency, Cincinnati's offense has been in the top 10 for four of the past five years.

... if Brat sucks so bad, along with the rest of our O ... then what do you call the rest of the league?

Oh wait, are facts not part of your name calling game?[/quote]

:o

[img]http://www.joyofbaking.com/images/large/gingersnaps.jpg[/img]

[quote name='PakMan' post='698075' date='Sep 8 2008, 12:17 AM']Exactly...which is why Bratkowski and our offense suck....its not because of Willie Anderson.

You have to be blind to think Willie didn't Benedict Arnold the Bengals! Even if Brat play calling sucked, how did they know every Audible Carson called at the line. Hint Willie also knows the Audible's!!!!

[quote]Anderson claims he didn't contribute to the Ravens' game plan.

"Everybody asked me, 'Well, how many secrets did you give them?' I said, 'Trust me, these guys already know (the Bengals).' The way they prepare. The way they're coached. They don't need my help."[/quote]

[url="http://www.daytondailynews.com/s/content/oh/story/sports/pro/bengals/2008/09/08/ddn090808spbenside.html"]http://www.daytondailynews.com/s/content/o...8spbenside.html[/url]

Yeah right Willie. ^_^

But if the situation were reversed, I would expect our new player to tell everything he knew too. Our coaches should have used it to our advantage.

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='698092' date='Sep 8 2008, 02:18 AM'][url="http://www.daytondailynews.com/s/content/oh/story/sports/pro/bengals/2008/09/08/ddn090808spbenside.html"]http://www.daytondailynews.com/s/content/o...8spbenside.html[/url]

Yeah right Willie. ^_^

But if the situation were reversed, I would expect our new player to tell everything he knew too. Our coaches should have used it to our advantage.[/quote]

must be why when they were on offense he was 10 yards away from the active players.. and when on defense he was on the edge of the grass surrounded by defensive staff....

Yeah, after I had my little rant this morning I got to wondering if they were utilizing Willie in every way they could. Doesn't surprise me one bit. Willie knows this offense as good as anyone. I'm going to believe that Willie's part in the matter had a lot to do with this loss. I mean c'mon, the Ravens are the 80's/90's Tampa Bay. No way we should have lost to them. If Willie didn't have a hand in it then we are the worst team in the NFL.
MULLY
it really makes me feel better to hear this. We can't really worry about this loss.

[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='698094' date='Sep 8 2008, 02:34 AM']Yeah, after I had my little rant this morning I got to wondering if they were utilizing Willie in every way they could. Doesn't surprise me one bit. Willie knows this offense as good as anyone. I'm going to believe that Willie's part in the matter had a lot to do with this loss. I mean c'mon, the Ravens are the 80's/90's Tampa Bay. No way we should have lost to them. If Willie didn't have a hand in it then we are the worst team in the NFL.
MULLY
it really makes me feel better to hear this. We can't really worry about this loss.[/quote]

here are two of the 9 pics i took (that turned out clear enough anyway)

[img]http://images.go-bengals.com/willie1.jpg[/img]

[img]http://images.go-bengals.com/willie2.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Dan_Bengals_NJ' post='698098' date='Sep 8 2008, 12:59 AM']At one time he had a head set on himself.[/quote]

I KNEW that fucking turncoat spilled his guts to the ratbirds. What a loser! I hope the cock sucker has his goddam feet amputed and all his fatburger stores go bankrupt.

Everyone here is mad at Willie? HMMMM.... well, in battle it would be called intel, not cheating. Where was our sorryass Defense during this "Cheat-Fest"? We played a team with a rookie QB AND a rookie RB and you guys are pissed at Willie for contributing to his teams success? I'm more disturbed with this teams lack of desire, passion, to win. I"ll root for them to the end but, there are many "issues" with this years team, top to bottom.

I'm not pissed about Willie doing it, something like that should have been expected. All I'm saying is that it gives me a little hope that we'll do better against teams that don't have the ex-leader of our offense giving tips to the defense. I only watched about a half hour of the game so far and from what I saw their defense was just pushing through every single time. You have to expect that Willie was going to tell the play formations and then on top of that give the defense line tips on each person's weak point. No big deal to me. All's fair in love and war.

And, if he really was giving them pointers you know Marvin was standing over on the other side thinking "You fat fuck!". I'd love to be a fly on the wall in PBS this week during meetings because you know Marvin or anyone else will never open their mouths about this publicly.
MULLY

[quote name='GoBengals' post='698069' date='Sep 7 2008, 11:50 PM']what a fucking crock of shit. the texans could beat the patriots 10 times straight if they knew the plays. you havent a fucking clue what your talking about.[/quote]
C'mon man, it isn't a crock of shit...and I didn't mean on every single play, but generally speaking. If the defense knows you're going to run, for instance, you CAN still run on them, if, IF your offensive line executes their assignments!
And the point being, we did not execute.

Good thing we don't play the Lions this year...

if our offense can't make adjustments to allow for the fact that a former player might sign with the opponent then we're screwed.

players leave teams all the time. Is this the best answer we've got for only scoring 3 points by our offense and giving up 17 on defense???

I've always been positive about this team feeling that they'd get it together. I don't think that is the case at this time. I just don't have any confidence in this team right now.

Probably been mentioned in this thread already...but it isn't cheating. Teams do this a lot. You sign someone cut from a team you're playing to get some knowledge of the playbook. The Broncos are notorious for this, the Pats too. Just lucky for Baltimore they hit the absolute motherload in Willie. He probably knows the terminolgy and plays better than Brat.

[quote][size=5][b]Anderson: 'It was time for me to go'[/b][/size]
[size=3][b]Longtime Bengals lineman cheers new team on, says he didn't help Ravens prepare game plan.[/b][/size]
By Chick Ludwig

Staff Writer

Monday, September 08, 2008

BALTIMORE — Former Cincinnati offensive tackle Willie Anderson is being called a traitor by Bengals fans for signing with the Baltimore Ravens.

The 6-foot-5, 340-pounder is a big man. He can take the criticism.

After autographing a three-year, $11 million contract on Friday, Sept. 5 — less than a week after the Bengals released him — he told the Baltimore media:

"They (the Bengals) didn't cut me because I couldn't play. They cut me because I said I didn't want to play there anymore. After 13 years, you get tired of dealing with non-football issues."

Anderson was deactivated for Sunday's game, but was on the sidelines in a T-shirt and shorts, cheering his new teammates, then celebrating a 17-10 victory. He'll wear uniform number 79 for the Ravens.

"I don't hold any grudges (toward Cincinnati)," Anderson said. "I said what I said. I was ready for a change. At this point in my career, the stuff I've done there, it was time for me to go.

"I've been here for a couple days now and this team has accepted me in like family. The type of game they played today, it's how they prepare around here. But the funny thing is, I know the Bengals prepare the same kind of way, too.

"This team just executed better and were a very physical team. The defense speaks for itself. The organization speaks for itself.

"I told the defense, 'I came here because I wanted to play with you guys.' It's amazing, first of all, seeing it in practice. It's amazing, too, seeing it in a game."

Anderson claims he didn't contribute to the Ravens' game plan.

"Everybody asked me, 'Well, how many secrets did you give them?' I said, 'Trust me, these guys already know (the Bengals).' The way they prepare. The way they're coached. They don't need my help."[/quote]

[url="http://www.daytondailynews.com/s/content/oh/story/sports/pro/bengals/2008/09/08/ddn090808spbenside.html"]http://www.daytondailynews.com/s/content/o...8spbenside.html[/url]

[quote name='bgwilly31' post='697970' date='Sep 7 2008, 09:58 PM']a bunch of crying Babies.

It isnt cheating. Its strategy. How dumb are we for not disguising our offense and coming prepared. We should have been fully aware that they were going to use willie this way.

Quit making excuses. We suck ass period.

We might have the worse offensive line in the NFL.[/quote]

On Wall Street, it's called "Insider Trading" and is illegal. . So you're saying having "inside info" in football isn't cheating? In what Universe? IMO, the same principles apply.

[quote name='BengalMom' post='698151' date='Sep 8 2008, 09:45 AM']On Wall Street, it's called "Insider Trading" and is illegal. . So you're saying having "inside info" in football isn't cheating? In what Universe? IMO, the same principles apply.[/quote]

:huh:

It's shitty on Willie's part, but sure as hell isn't illegal.

Comparing the two (wall street and football) is a bit much.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='697943' date='Sep 7 2008, 10:46 PM']When you execute properly, it doesn't matter if the defense knows what you're going to do, they can't stop it anyway.[/quote]

[quote name='Bunghole' post='698118' date='Sep 8 2008, 07:25 AM']C'mon man, it isn't a crock of shit...and I didn't mean on every single play, but generally speaking. If the defense knows you're going to run, for instance, you CAN still run on them, if, IF your offensive line executes their assignments!
And the point being, we did not execute.[/quote]

That's absolutely absurd. Offenses use wireless headsets to communicate plays to the offense. Coaches cover their mouths when plays get called in, and quarterbacks rotate wristbands to further disguise playcalling. They don't do all of this because it doesn't matter, and execution isn't going to help if the eleven guys on defense know the fourth down run is designed to go behind Bobby Williams (or whatever).

Football is totally stacked in favor of defense, which is why most of the rules are designed to hogtie the defense. Give the defense each play, and you're in some trouble.

Archived