!!!Marvin Thinks its funny!!!

[quote name='WhoDeyMatt' post='713164' date='Oct 13 2008, 04:38 PM']Fair enough.

[b]You dont see him do this to any player on this team though.
Is it fair to say that NO player. Not ONE. Would respond to this?

What does that say about his leadership?[/b]

I will end it at that USN. Good points.....[/quote]

It says that he believes that you shouldn't ever chew ass in public.

Tony Dungy is the same way, and he's won a Super Bowl.

What does that say about HIS leadership?

Touche'

;)

[quote name='USN Bengal' post='713170' date='Oct 13 2008, 04:43 PM']It says that he believes that you shouldn't ever chew ass in public.

Touche'

;)[/quote]

He's got you there, Matt.

Although I bet screen shots of Dungy smiling while his team is getting their ass handed to them are a little tougher to come by than Giggles Lewis pics.

[quote name='oldschooler' post='713158' date='Oct 13 2008, 05:34 PM']I think it is funny that people are pissed because Marvin smiled
at something, and they have no idea what made him smile.

Hell, I have seen people smile at funerals. But it wasn`t nearly
as traumatic as losing a football game on the road with your Franchise
QB in street clothes.[/quote]
x2
Thank you for making my post for me. It saved me some typing.

[quote name='GoatGreen' post='713172' date='Oct 13 2008, 04:48 PM']He's got you there, Matt.

Although I bet screen shots of Dungy smiling while his team is getting their ass handed to them are a little tougher to come by than Giggles Lewis pics.[/quote]

I cant argue with that AT ALL.
He found one example out of many.

It still doesnt excuess a smiling 0-6 Lewis.

[quote name='oldschooler' post='713158' date='Oct 13 2008, 04:34 PM']I think it is funny that people are pissed because Marvin smiled
at something, and they have no idea what made him smile.

Hell, I have seen people smile at funerals. But it wasn`t nearly
as traumatic as losing a football game on the road with your Franchise
QB in street clothes.[/quote]

I do know exactly WTF he was laughing at.

He was laughing at ochocinco.

Ochocinco cracked a joke at marvin and marvin laughed.

[quote name='USN Bengal' post='713142' date='Oct 13 2008, 04:22 PM']Saying that you are "playing devils advocate" is used only by those looking to start trouble in my experiences... but I will go ahead and answer you anyway.

Ever hear of the "Praise in public, bitch in private" method?

It was used with me, and by me, when I played or coached sports. Same with when I was in the service, and I also use it now in the private sector.

When you rip someone a new asshole in public, ESPECIALLY on nationally broadcasted TV, it tends to humiliate that person and get you ADVERSE results. No one wants to have their dirty laundry aired in the public arena.

True leaders don't need to do that, and it is like anyone on here being at work and making a mistake... Do you want your boss to rip your ass in front of your fellow employee's, while taping it so that your wife/kids/parents/friends see it at home?
[b]
For those of you who want to say that since its the NFL then it's ok, then you don't have a clue as to what leading people is all about.[/b][/quote]

[quote name='USN Bengal' post='713161' date='Oct 13 2008, 04:36 PM']Not a bad counterpoint WhoDeyMatt... and here is my reply;

Yes I DID like those coaches AND their coaching style, they knew that there is a time and a place for every different style of leadership... be it chewing out someone or coaxing a sullen star.

I can guarantee you that the coaches you named KNEW who they could bitch out publicly to get them to respond, and those who would fold under the ass chewing. In this day and age of the "diva personalities", the old fashioned "in your face" coaching doesn't seem all that popular at ANY level.

THAT is the difference in knowing how to lead successfully, and getting shot in the back by your own troops.[/quote]

Do you walk backwards around town>?

Because thats what you just did on your previous post with the post above.

[quote name='USN Bengal' post='713170' date='Oct 13 2008, 04:43 PM']It says that he believes that you shouldn't ever chew ass in public.

Touche'

;)[/quote]

Kind of like Marvins 05 season. He could have done it as well if palmer doesnt get hurt. Does that make him better now>?

[quote name='WhoDeyMatt' post='713182' date='Oct 13 2008, 04:57 PM']Jaime,

Its very Tracey Jones....

I dont know if you listen to him at all, but thats him to a tee.[/quote]

Really? I was thinking more....

[img]http://home.nikocity.de/nomaam/Albundy/al065b.jpg[/img]

[quote name='bgwilly31' post='713176' date='Oct 13 2008, 03:50 PM']I do know exactly WTF he was laughing at.

Ochocinco cracked a joke at marvin and marvin laughed.[/quote]

You don`t know that for sure. You`re assuming.

But even if that was the case, it could have been
a very funny joke.

[quote name='oldschooler' post='713186' date='Oct 13 2008, 04:59 PM']You don`t know that for sure. You`re assuming.

But even if that was the case, it could have been
a very funny joke.[/quote]

Chad: Did you hear the one about the guy who used to play football?

Marvin: OMG LOLZ

[quote name='bgwilly31' post='713176' date='Oct 13 2008, 10:50 PM']I do know exactly WTF he was laughing at.

Ochocinco cracked a joke at marvin and marvin laughed.[/quote]

And yet you started this dumb thread bitching at Marvin?

So would you prefer him not to laugh at a funny joke?

Jesus wept. I'm bipolar and I have less swings in personality than you. You're like the bastard love-child of KoKaine and Chandler.

[quote name='VonBlade' post='713191' date='Oct 13 2008, 04:02 PM']And yet you started this dumb thread bitching at Marvin?

So would you prefer him not to laugh at a funny joke?

Jesus wept. I'm bipolar and I have less swings in personality than you. You're like the bastard love-child of [b]KoKaine and Chandler.[/b][/quote]

Good lord! Talk about some bl[b]ass[/b]ts from the p[b]ass[/b]t !

Archived