Sarah Palin didn't know Africa was a continent

CTBengalsFan

[quote name='Homer_Rice' post='722130' date='Nov 7 2008, 09:15 AM']I think the best news is that Africa is not going to get to know Palin better.[/quote]
:lol:

And how fucking stupid are the global media? This is front page news here in Melbourne, today :rolleyes:

[url="http://www.theage.com.au/world/insiders-spill-beans-on-sarah-palin-20081107-5jk0.html"]http://www.theage.com.au/world/insiders-sp...81107-5jk0.html[/url]

I'm glad there's nothing important going on here in Oz, or anywhere else around the world.

Good grief.

edit: and can someone please fucking tell me WTF knowledgeability is?

[quote name='KangarWhoDey' post='722134' date='Nov 6 2008, 06:40 PM']:lol:

And how fucking stupid are the global media? This is front page news here in Melbourne, today :rolleyes:

[url="http://www.theage.com.au/world/insiders-spill-beans-on-sarah-palin-20081107-5jk0.html"]http://www.theage.com.au/world/insiders-sp...81107-5jk0.html[/url]

I'm glad there's nothing important going on here in Oz, or anywhere else around the world.

Good grief.

edit: and can someone please fucking tell me WTF knowledgeability is?[/quote]

[url="http://www.thefreedictionary.com/knowledgeability"]http://www.thefreedictionary.com/knowledgeability[/url]

Noun 1. knowledgeability - wisdom as evidenced by the possession of knowledge;

Sentence: Sarah Palin showed her knowledgeability on the truthiness that Africa is a country. She didnt need no stinkin' book to know that. (Damn 'gotcha' liberal media)

[quote name='Go Tory Go!' post='722144' date='Nov 6 2008, 07:22 PM']I can imagine how this came to light...

Aide: "...and our opponent's father, the elder Barack Obama, was from Kenya."

Palin: "Oh, for some reason I thought he was from Africa."[/quote]
Everyone knows Kenya is a state in the country of Africa...right?
:unsure:

[quote name='Go Tory Go!' post='722144' date='Nov 6 2008, 07:22 PM']I can imagine how this came to light...

Aide: "...and our opponent's father, the elder Barack Obama, was from Kenya."

Palin: "Oh, for some reason I thought he was from Africa."[/quote]

According to Carl Cameron on O'Reilly she actually inquired as to whether South Africa was just a region of the country of Africa.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='722137' date='Nov 7 2008, 10:01 AM'][url="http://www.thefreedictionary.com/knowledgeability"]http://www.thefreedictionary.com/knowledgeability[/url]

Noun 1. knowledgeability - wisdom as evidenced by the possession of knowledge;

Sentence: Sarah Palin showed her knowledgeability on the truthiness that Africa is a country. She didnt need no stinkin' book to know that. (Damn 'gotcha' liberal media)[/quote]
you've heard of a dictionary :blink:

sorry -_-. could not resist :P

[quote name='steggyD' post='722125' date='Nov 6 2008, 06:47 PM']Honestly, I think this is the upset Republicans coming out to blame Palin on the Presidential loss. I promise you that Palin knows that Africa is a continent.[/quote]

agreed. I'm under the impression it is McCain aides blasting her and using her as the reason for losing the election.

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' post='722127' date='Nov 6 2008, 06:52 PM']This was told him well before the election[/quote]

That isn't what I understood. As I understood it when I heard this all this happened just in the last couple days.

[quote name='Ben' post='722128' date='Nov 6 2008, 07:11 PM']I read today that the party is going after her now for spending a shitton of money on clothes/gifts for her and the fam....[/quote]

Also, rumors from republican campaign aides... very possible - but I'd assume the aides are in control of their own credit cards, are they not? Who's responsibility are they?

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' post='722149' date='Nov 6 2008, 08:48 PM']According to Carl Cameron on O'Reilly she actually inquired as to whether South Africa was just a region of the country of Africa.

[/quote]

again, as told to him by repub campaign / McCain aides...

She may be the biggest dumb ass in the world - but don't take McCain's aides fresh off a presidential election loss word for it...

You didn't believe anything that came out that campaign during the election cycle - why would you now? Oh, because it bashes the party you don't agree with? Got it.

[quote name='Vol_Bengal' post='722282' date='Nov 7 2008, 10:15 AM']agreed. I'm under the impression it is McCain aides blasting her and using her as the reason for losing the election.

That isn't what I understood. As I understood it when I heard this all this happened just in the last couple days.

Also, rumors from republican campaign aides... very possible - but I'd assume the aides are in control of their own credit cards, are they not? Who's responsibility are they?

again, as told to him by repub campaign / McCain aides...

She may be the biggest dumb ass in the world - but don't take McCain's aides fresh off a presidential election loss word for it...

You didn't believe anything that came out that campaign during the election cycle - why would you now? Oh, because it bashes the party you don't agree with? Got it.[/quote]

Because when questioning when someone is lying I usually look at their motive. When they try to spin something positive, it is clearly in their benefit to lie. However, admitting that they chose a candidate for VP that didn't know basic geography reflects extremely poorly on them as well. Might it be exagerrated due to sour grapse? Sure, but there's gotta be some truth in it, imo. I think it just solidifies how stupid and grossly incompetent a lot of people, including myself, thought she was. And this isn't just about being mean to Sarah Palin, this about the fact that their campaign was extremely close to giving enormous responsibilities, including a potential presidency, to someone who doesn't have the mental capacity to do it. It was an incredibly irresponsible political and certainly didn't put "Country First."

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' post='722321' date='Nov 7 2008, 02:14 PM']Because when questioning when someone is lying I usually look at their motive. When they try to spin something positive, it is clearly in their benefit to lie. However, admitting that they chose a candidate for VP that didn't know basic geography reflects extremely poorly on them as well. Might it be exagerrated due to sour grapse? Sure, but there's gotta be some truth in it, imo. I think it just solidifies how stupid and grossly incompetent a lot of people, including myself, thought she was. And this isn't just about being mean to Sarah Palin, this about the fact that their campaign was extremely close to giving enormous responsibilities, including a potential presidency, to someone who doesn't have the mental capacity to do it. It was an incredibly irresponsible political and certainly didn't put "Country First."[/quote]

If, in fact, what you're speculating is true - then yes... it would indicate a severely poor decision. But, we're just speculating...

I like to see the fighting within the party though - coming out the other end you're either going to have your extreme far right or you're going to get your little more moderate right. Because this party as it stands now (well, truthfully both parties) won't accomplish anything for the people.

I think it could have been very damaging to the cause of women in politics / leadership if Palin had been made VP. While the pressure and scrutiny given to the veep isn't anywhere near that of the Big Cheese, she very well may have needed to take over, and regardless of whether these recent accusations are true or false, I think it's well understood that her preparation for this job was, at best, dodgy.

It is imperative that the vanguard in any field be particularly well-prepared. Branch Rickey chose Jackie Robinson to break the color barrier because he was an exceptional player with a cool, determined demeanor, and he knew if the first black player fell on his face, it would do more harm than good to the cause of integration. If Palin became the first female president, and then proved herself to be totally incompetent, it would be extremely damaging to future female hopefuls.

This is something that concerns me about Obama. It does seem like he is suited to be the first, since he is mulatto and therefore isn't as threatening to bigots who might fear his 'racial allegiance,' if such a thing exists. Also, W is an extremely easy act to follow. What worries me, though, is the economic situation. If Homer is correct (which he has been thus far), the shit hits the fan and we enter a serious depression once Obama is in office, Obama may take the blame.

This is what is wrong with the Republican party. It is what is making those of us who want to belive in it become disenfranchised. We are fed up with what the party has become, however, we are not going to switch ideologies and become Democrats.

I'm not going to change my political ideals because I am unhappy with the majority of Republicans. Just because they are not following what I want them to follow, doesn't mean I'm going to start believing the other way is correct. Instead I am going to ask my party to become what I thought they were supposed to be.

The problem here is that everyone who thinks I am not happy with my decision with Obama, that I would automatically be a Bush supporter. No, that is incorrect. Bush pushed more federal programs than any president I can remember. That is as far as what I am looking for in a government that one can find.

Now these fake ass Republicans are snipping at each other instead of looking to find what's wrong with the party. Why are they blaming everything on Palin? Are they sexists? Probably. I think this country has a bigger sexism problem than a racism problem, but that's how I see us. But it goes deeper. For one, I think they threw it away, and the Republican Party needs to split up or just kick the people out that don't belong.

I want my political ideals back, and now. I want freedom, not a Patriot Act. I want smaller federal government, not a new department for everything from public education to monitoring civilian life. I want to protect our sovereign nation and I want a strong military, but a military that is here to defend, not to fight in Holy Crusades.

Just a drunken rant. No apologies though. Good luck for the next couple years, Dems. And good luck at getting your act together Repubs.

And g'night.

[quote name='steggyD' post='722476' date='Nov 8 2008, 04:38 AM']I'm not going to change my political ideals because I am unhappy with the majority of Republicans. Just because they are not following what I want them to follow, doesn't mean I'm going to start believing the other way is correct. Instead I am going to ask my party to become what I thought they were supposed to be.[/quote]
Bravo!

[quote]Just a drunken rant.[/quote]
Drink more beer!

[quote name='Go Tory Go!' post='722340' date='Nov 7 2008, 03:16 PM']If Homer is correct (which he has been thus far), the shit hits the fan and we enter a serious depression once Obama is in office, Obama may take the blame.[/quote]
I want to be mistaken in a big way. I really hope that a few moves get taken by the next admin and Congress to ameliorate this decline and that nudge us back to a productive path. But it is a really big task and will not happen quickly. I'm sure I'll have more to say on all this as time passes.

[quote]This is what is wrong with the Republican party. It is what is making those of us who want to belive in it become disenfranchised. We are fed up with what the party has become, however, we are not going to switch ideologies and become Democrats.

I'm not going to change my political ideals because I am unhappy with the majority of Republicans. Just because they are not following what I want them to follow, doesn't mean I'm going to start believing the other way is correct. Instead I am going to ask my party to become what I thought they were supposed to be.

The problem here is that everyone who thinks I am not happy with my decision with Obama, that I would automatically be a Bush supporter. No, that is incorrect. Bush pushed more federal programs than any president I can remember. That is as far as what I am looking for in a government that one can find.[/quote]

Well said.

and I agree 100%. This is exactly where I'm at.

Obama thinks there are 57 states and that Iran is a tiny country.

Biden thinks that Roosevelt was president when the Great Depression hit, and that he went on TV to talk about it, even though only prototypes existed at the time.

But those were just "lovable gaffes" because they're the smartest people in the world and thank God they were elected to save us all from ourselves.

Nah, I don't see a double standard here at all.

Archived