New Job

Actium

Hey all,

I am somewhat exhilarated--I just turned in my notice at my current job. I have complained about it in the past, but honestly the experience here is what got me my awesome new job, which I start in December. It is for the county government, and will be a huge raise, better benefits, better working hours, an actual future career path--I'm stoked.

When times are tough, you just have to survive, because things will get better. To paraphrase Dickens, hope is the golden thread that binds together scattered moments of happiness.

[quote name='Actium' post='725359' date='Nov 19 2008, 11:53 AM']Hey all,

I am somewhat exhilarated--I just turned in my notice at my current job. I have complained about it in the past, but honestly the experience here is what got me my awesome new job, which I start in December. It is for the county government, and will be a huge raise, better benefits, better working hours, an actual future career path--I'm stoked.

When times are tough, you just have to survive, because things will get better. To paraphrase Dickens, hope is the golden thread that binds together scattered moments of happiness.[/quote]

. . .

Quote on bro!?

[quote name='Scoutforlife591' post='725376' date='Nov 19 2008, 11:48 AM']. . .

Quote on bro!?[/quote]

Sorry, not sure I understand?

The paraphrase is sort of from A Tale of Two Cities, the chapter is called The Golden Thread, and I don't remember how it was meant or how it was said, but my mind summoned the quotation I gave above, so since Dickens inspired it (at the very least) I gave him the nod.

I AM THE HERO OF MY OWN LIFE

Congrats - considering you spend at least 1/3 of your day at work, it's important to be happy. I hope the new place is better than the old.

Are you going to be downtown or what? I am at north Sam Houston Pkwy.

[quote name='Cat' post='725401' date='Nov 19 2008, 01:48 PM']Congrats - considering you spend at least 1/3 of your day at work, it's important to be happy. I hope the new place is better than the old.

Are you going to be downtown or what? I am at north Sam Houston Pkwy.[/quote]

I'll be off of 290, by Tidwell/Hollister. That may help you learn what I'm working for.

The place I'm leaving is on Woodway, by the Loop

[quote name='Actium' post='725378' date='Nov 19 2008, 12:53 PM']Sorry, not sure I understand?

The paraphrase is sort of from A Tale of Two Cities, the chapter is called The Golden Thread, and I don't remember how it was meant or how it was said, but my mind summoned the quotation I gave above, so since Dickens inspired it (at the very least) I gave him the nod.

I AM THE HERO OF MY OWN LIFE[/quote]

Basically I was picking on the nerdiness of your quoting. I've read it. Wouldn't remember to quote it.

[quote name='Scoutforlife591' post='725468' date='Nov 19 2008, 05:22 PM']Basically I was picking on the nerdiness of your quoting. I've read it. Wouldn't remember to quote it.[/quote]

Ah, I don't even know if it's a real quote. Like I said, I just remember "The Golden Thread."

PS Syndey Carton is awesome. "It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to than I have ever known."

Love that book.

Archived