Chad out for tonights game...

[url="http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=7307"]http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=7307[/url]

I wonder what the hell happened with this...

[quote]Bengals wide receiver Chad Ocho Cinco has been deactivated for Thursday night's game against the Steelers for violation of a team rule, ending his 113-game streak and season-long calm since his offseason campaign to get traded.

The Bengals made the announcement in a terse statement delivered here from the team's downtown hotel and said there would be no other announcement until after the game.

With wide receiver Antonio Chatman on injured reserve, the Bengals are looking at starting Chris Henry or Glenn Holt in place of Ocho Cinco, and it looks like rookie Andre Caldwell could get some time after practing Tuesday for the first time since he got injured against the Steelers Oct. 19.[/quote]

[quote][size=5][b]Chad to sit [/b][/size]
By GEOFF HOBSON
November 20, 2008

PITTSBURGH - Bengals wide receiver Chad Ocho Cinco has been deactivated for Thursday night's game against the Steelers for violation of a team rule, ending his 113-game streak and season-long calm since his offseason campaign to get traded.

The Bengals made the announcement in a terse statement delivered here from the team's downtown hotel and said there would be no other announcement until after the game.

With wide receiver Antonio Chatman on injured reserve, the Bengals are looking at starting Chris Henry or Glenn Holt in place of Ocho Cinco, and it looks like rookie Andre Caldwell could get some time after practing Tuesday for the first time since he got injured against the Steelers Oct. 19.[/quote]

[quote name='Calvin' post='725621' date='Nov 20 2008, 11:14 AM'][url="http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=7307"]http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=7307[/url]

I wonder what the hell happened with this...[/quote]

Uh oh. Is the second honeymoon over?

Not like he ever does anything against the stealers anyway.

[quote name='oftt4' post='725631' date='Nov 20 2008, 09:22 AM']Christ....who do you guys have left? I was hoping to see a good game.[/quote]

Chad wasn`t the only WR on the team.
And he hasn`t done much against the Stealers anyway
(or this season for that matter).

You won`t see a good game.
Unless you think a Stealer's loss is a good game.

And no, no bets or stupid shit like that. So don`t waste
you energy typing it.

It will certainly be an odd game. I think it definitely hurts us because the Steelers will look to spread the effort they'd put into Chad into other areas. That said, I'm not sure it changes what we'd see from the Bengals too much. Fitzpatrick has just never seemed to be in sync with Chad... Who knows, we may see a touch more offense out of Fitz. After all, he's been throwing to the reserves his entire time with the team. They aren't nearly as good as Chad, but their chemistry with Fitz is head and shoulders better.

That said, I'm hoping we somehow have a running game, and get lots of turnovers. :)

Mark Curnette Article ......

Wide receiver Chad Ocho Cinco will not play in the Bengals game tonight at Pittsburgh because he violated an undisclosed team rule, the team announced this morning.

WOW? I wonder if the interview last week got him the boot of this weeks game! Chad speaks - Chad doesn't play?

man this sucks, I hate the steelers so much, that I would be happy, the way this season has gone, if we could win just this game.

But I was listening to Mo this morning and he ran of the list of players out for tonight, and it made me realize, this is gonna get ugly. what worries me the most is our LG and LT are out. Our left side of the line is filled with practice players. sigh.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='725652' date='Nov 20 2008, 09:44 AM']gloating before you even know what happened just makes you look stupid.[/quote]

I don`t care what happened. I do know it must
have been something big, because Rudi violated
a team rule, and wasn`t allowed to start. He still
got to play. The last time I can remember Marvin
doing something like this, was when Henry was arrested
in 2005.

My whole point was that he isn`t a team player. And this shit just
confirms that. So if I look stupid to you, then so be it.

[url="http://blogs.nfl.com/2008/11/20/johnson-deactivated-for-tonights-game/"]NFL Network[/url]

Not much more in the way of details

Adam Schefter
Johnson deactivated for tonight’s game
Posted: Adam Schefter | Adam Schefter | Tags: Chad Johnson, Cincinnati Bengals

Got a call early this morning that Bengals wide receiver Chad Johnson got into it last night with someone in the Cincinnati organization and left a team function.

Details were sparse and fluid and after reaching out to the Bengals, they released this statement:

“Bengals wide receiver Chad Ocho Cinco will be deactivated for tonight’s game at Pittsburgh, for violation of a team rule. The Bengals will have no further comment until after the game.”

Archived