Shaun Rogers anyone?

[quote](FFChamps) Browns defensive tackle Shaun Rogers was not in the neighborhood this week for the opening of Cleveland’s offseason program, according to ESPN.com. The program is voluntary, but Rogers requested his release earlier this offseason because of a poor relationship with new head coach Eric Mangini.

Analysis: This voluntary camp is a pawn in Rogers chess game designed to get his release. However, there is plenty of time left between now and the start of the season for the two sides to reach a peace accord.[/quote]

[url="http://football99.myfantasyleague.com/2004/view_news_article?L=10117&ID=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fantasyfootballchamps.com%2Findex.cfm%3Fpage%3Dnews%26id%3D8205%26st%3D1"]http://football99.myfantasyleague.com/2004...3D8205%26st%3D1[/url]

It wasn't league intervention that screwed up our deal for him, ...it was divine intervention! :angel2:

[quote name='sois' post='757286' date='Mar 20 2009, 11:33 AM']scharm: yes
BeaverHunter: :( but true[/quote]

The Pats wouldn't take him. He doesn't fit their system. He's too "hot and cold" of a player if he's in the game for an appreciable amount of time. That's why he is a better fit with the Stains and I'm glad we didn't get him. Sims and (I suspect) Shirley are a better fit for us. So, I'm happy with how things turned out.

[quote name='Jeb' post='757288' date='Mar 20 2009, 11:39 AM']The Pats wouldn't take him. He doesn't fit their system. He's too "hot and cold" of a player if he's in the game for an appreciable amount of time. That's why he is a better fit with the Stains and I'm glad we didn't get him. Sims and (I suspect) Shirley are a better fit for us. So, I'm happy with how things turned out.[/quote]
i would take him in a new york minute. he's not a lesser player than the one we all were so excited about last year. in fact, he enhanced his value, in my view. it's hard to ask for much better play than he displayed last year. you can't put all the browns' woes on his shoulders. he played his ass off last year and fought through a host of injuries while doing so.

the only question i have is how could anyone not want one of the best DL in the game? it makes no sense.

[quote name='bengaled' post='757347' date='Mar 20 2009, 12:07 PM'][color="#0000FF"]i would take him in a new york minute. he's not a lesser player than the one we all were so excited about last year. [/color][/quote]
Not everyone was excited to sign him. Princess chad brings more bad attitude than we need, IMO.

[quote name='bengalsfansince68' post='757363' date='Mar 20 2009, 02:12 PM']Not everyone was excited to sign him. Princess chad brings more bad attitude than we need, IMO.[/quote]

oh rogers has a "bad attitude" alright. ask anyone that lines up opposite him. change that... ask any two people that lines up against him, as he drew double teams all year long and still beat them and went to the pro bowl, putting up awesome numbers in the process. he'd make a great 3 here and bring the kind of pressure up the gut that we lack. he's everything our DEs need.

[quote name='bengalsfansince68' post='757370' date='Mar 20 2009, 02:30 PM']I think it's time to turn Sims loose.[/quote]

he'd still be a big part of the plan. we'd run a rotation of the three keeping everyone's legs fresh on rushing downs, then use sims and rogers on passing downs, which would be flat out awesome.

[quote name='bengaled' post='757366' date='Mar 20 2009, 01:25 PM'][color="#0000FF"]oh rogers has a "bad attitude" alright. ask anyone that lines up opposite him.[/color][/quote]
Have you asked anyone who lines up against him? He was pissed off in Detroit, he's pissed off in Cleveland and he'd likely be pissed off here, too. IMO

Last time GQ lined up against him he didn't have any attitude at all. Strange?

The guy doesn't bring it all the time. Pass unless you get him with a contract that would somehow focus his attention to being the best DT in the league.

[quote name='scharm' post='757388' date='Mar 20 2009, 03:28 PM']Last time GQ lined up against him he didn't have any attitude at all. Strange?

The guy doesn't bring it all the time. Pass unless you get him with a contract that would somehow focus his attention to being the best DT in the league.[/quote]

nah, i didn't find it strange at all. they were down to their 3rd string QB, noodle arm dorsey, and their season was over. it was pretty clear their whole team had packed it in, as most lower tier teams do at the end of the year when there's nothing to play for. on top of that, moral had never been lower and a coaching change was in the works. only the bengals get fired up for game conditions like that.

[quote name='bengaled' post='757438' date='Mar 20 2009, 05:59 PM']nah, i didn't find it strange at all. they were down to their 3rd string QB, noodle arm dorsey, and their season was over. it was pretty clear their whole team had packed it in, as most lower tier teams do at the end of the year when there's nothing to play for. on top of that, moral had never been lower and a coaching change was in the works. only the bengals get fired up for game conditions like that.[/quote]

That is some of the stupidest shit I have ever read. You can make excuses for why other people play like shit and then talk about our guys because they won't be quitters. Damn, bro I hope somebody neutered your ass, cause you surely don't need kids.

[quote name='bengaled' post='757438' date='Mar 20 2009, 05:59 PM']nah, i didn't find it strange at all. they were down to their 3rd string QB, noodle arm dorsey, and their season was over. it was pretty clear their whole team had packed it in, as most lower tier teams do at the end of the year when there's nothing to play for. on top of that, moral had never been lower and a coaching change was in the works. only the bengals get fired up for game conditions like that.[/quote]

Whatever you need to tell yourself. At the end of the day a Center nobody wants on this team handled him pretty easily. It's those reasons why such talented DT seems to have problems with the teams he's on.

If you can get him with a contract that would keep him motivated then go for it. If not, pass.

[quote name='eva4ben-gal' post='757479' date='Mar 20 2009, 11:06 PM']So we're supposed to not want a guy because he wants off a shitty team that can't keep its players from getting staph infections? I'd take him no questions asked and so would pretty much anybody with a need at DT.[/quote]

X2. Why is wanting out of Detroit and Cleveland such a black mark against a player? The guy was a probowl DT again last year and provides an interior pass rush the Bengals don't have. Sure he's not a self motivator. Let his position coach earn his salary.

Archived