Terrelle Pryor in the NFL

Jason

Terrelle Pryor Poll  

28 members have voted

1. 1. What position will Terrelle Pryor play most in the NFL

• Quarterback
    • Wide Receiver
    • Other - specify below
  2. 2. How good will Terrelle Pryor be in the NFL?

• Bust
    • Poor
    • Average
    • above average
    • Great
    • Elite

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='778768' date='May 26 2009, 11:38 AM']why do you ask questions for which you already know the answer? (name that movie)[/quote]
I know I should know that, but I'm drawing a blank.

As any good lawyer would say, you only ask the questions you already know tha answer to. I just want some of these OSU haters to admit that it's their only reason for saying so.

[quote name='Jason' post='778773' date='May 27 2009, 12:52 AM']I know I should know that, but I'm drawing a blank.

As any good lawyer would say, you only ask the questions you already know tha answer to. I just want some of these OSU haters to admit that it's their only reason for saying so.[/quote]
Good luck with that! :D

I thought Pryor made a good bit of progress last season. Honestly, when I caught the coverage of the spring game, I was surprised to remember that he was only going to be a sophomore this season.

Though, I did miss so much football last season, I'm lucky to remember anything. <_<

[quote name='Jason' post='778757' date='May 26 2009, 11:46 AM']Miami just went to the playoffs running the wildcat, and you think this copycat league is turning away from the athletic QB?[/quote]
Chad Pennington, one of the slowest quarterbacks in the league, was their QB.

[quote]I would say that the "run first" QB who does not show adequate proficiency as a passer may not have much luck as a starter in this league, but I think Pryor will develop into [i]at least an adequate passer[/i]. If the progress he has made in the past year is any indication, and keeping in mind he will be in college AT LEAST 2 more years, I don't think it's unreasonable to thing he could develop into a good passer. He has the size and arm strength that NFL scouts look for.[/quote]
He's going to have to be one of the top 10 pure passers in the NCAAs before he will get drafted as a QB. Tim Tebow has had one of the best college career's that I've ever seen, and he won't scratch the first round as a QB.

[quote name='Tigris' post='778389' date='May 23 2009, 01:41 PM']And by the way... just for everyone that was wondering - I've heard from a couple of first-hand sources that Pryor is a complete prick.[/quote]

Not what I have heard at all. I know there were a few players who were a little disgruntled last year when he took over. But I have heard nothing to indicate anyone on the current team doesn't like him.

Can you provide a source or some support for this claim?

This was posted by an administrator at one of the biggest OSU fan sites on the internet, Dave Biddle, regarding Terrelle and his teammates:

[quote]The current players, especially the younger ones near Terrelle's age, gravitate to him. They like him very much.

As others have mentioned, there were some issues with last year's upperclassmen, as can be expected when a true freshman takes over for a sixth-year senior at quarterback. Anyone who has played sports can imagine the reaction if you were a senior and one of your buddies got benched in favor of a freshman (someone you would consider a "kid" if you were in that situation). It was clearly the right move putting Pryor in there over Boeckman, but I can understand how there was some animosity.

But now the team has turned the page and I think the chemistry will be excellent this year. At least that is the vibe I got in the spring.[/quote]

• 1 month later...
Here is an article on Terrelle in a series on the Heisman candidates:

[quote][b][size=3]That's Mr. Heisman to You[/size][/b]

Among the numerous reasons for Ohio State fans to be happy going into the 2009 season, Terrelle Pryor has to top the list.

The sophomore phenom is ready to build on the foundation that he laid for the Buckeyes in '08.

Not since Reggie Bush and Vince Young have we seen an athlete of Pryor's caliber in college football. Sure, Tim Tebow has won two titles and a Heisman since those two dominated the competition, but even Tebow is not on the level of pure athleticism that Terrelle Pryor enjoys.

Behind an experienced offensive line in '08, Pryor was 100 of 165 passing for 1,311 yards with twelve TD's and four INT's. He also rushed for 631 yards on 139 carries with six TD's.

What makes those stats really special is that he was a true freshman in '08.

Now a year older, smarter, and competition tested, Pryor just might have quite a treat in store for the Buckeye-faithful. Sure you lost WR's Robiskie and Hartline, but Ohio State almost always reloads with top-notch, skill position talent.

Pryor is a once-per-decade talent. [b]Combine the quickness and speed of Vince Young, with the elusiveness of Reggie Bush, and the arm of Tom Brady and the result will be something close to Terrelle Pryor.[/b]

Pryor is a hybrid player. The kid is just an all-out athlete.

Maybe you call this player-worship. Maybe you'll say I am crazy. Hey, maybe I am, but I know an elite player when I see one. I am not even remotely a Buckeye fan. I just love good college football, and this guy is the very epitome of what is good about the game.

I expect big things from the Buckeyes in '09. Terrelle Pryor winning the Heisman may just be one of those big things.[/quote]

Link: [url="http://bleacherreport.com/articles/208050-the-college-football-sideline-report-july-edition/show_full"]http://bleacherreport.com/articles/208050-...ition/show_full[/url]

[quote]even Tebow is not on the level of pure athleticism that Terrelle Pryor enjoys.[/quote]
I have a feeling that hack journalists can just throw this in because Tebow is white. Tebow is the first player [i]ever[/i] to run and pass for 20 TDs in the same season, on a [b]loaded[/b] football team.

He has also averaged about 4.3 YPC in a Conference where the Defense is much faster and more athletic (if you believe what the head of the Big 10 says).

[quote name='Go Tory Go!' post='778705' date='May 25 2009, 10:50 PM']I think he could excel in the "Vince Young Role" in a single-clipboard formation.[/quote]
Now that's funny! And I know funny, because my goofy username is Bunghole, and, uh...yeah.

LOL.

[quote name='#22' post='783151' date='Jul 1 2009, 09:39 PM']I have a feeling that hack journalists can just throw this in because Tebow is white. Tebow is the first player [i]ever[/i] to run and pass for 20 TDs in the same season, [color="#FF0000"]on a [b]loaded[/b] football team[/color].

He has also averaged about 4.3 YPC in a Conference where the Defense is much faster and more athletic (if you believe what the head of the Big 10 says).[/quote]

Not at RB they weren't. And Tebow is a great football player, but he isn't the athlete that Pryor is. He's nowhere near as fast.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='783348' date='Jul 2 2009, 05:42 PM']but neither of them have a future of success in the nfl.[/quote]

Pryor still has at least 2 more years to develop as a passer, and he has already made tremendous progress. Plus he is a hard worker and wants to be great.

I'm willing to bet he does develop into a good QB.

[quote name='Jason' post='783358' date='Jul 2 2009, 07:07 PM']Pryor still has at least 2 more years to develop as a passer, and he has already made tremendous progress. Plus he is a hard worker and wants to be great.

I'm willing to bet he does develop into a good QB.[/quote]

if he moved to a WR now he would have a future in the NFL. as a QB he has no chance. his decision making is weak and his accuracy isnt something to be proud of. he is playing much inferior talent with good talent around him. he will be made to look good at OSU (except when they play a good team like USC) and blow ass outside of OSU.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='783348' date='Jul 2 2009, 06:42 PM']but neither of them have a future of success in the nfl.[/quote]
Holy shit.

This is one of the only times I've ever agreed with a post you've made.

btw, how is Troy Smith doing in the pros?

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='783376' date='Jul 2 2009, 08:30 PM']if he moved to a WR now he would have a future in the NFL. as a QB he has no chance. his decision making is weak[b] and his accuracy isnt something to be proud of.[/b] he is playing much inferior talent with good talent around him. he will be made to look good at OSU (except when they play a good team like USC) and blow ass outside of OSU.[/quote]

Watch that first clip again.

[quote name='#22' post='783397' date='Jul 2 2009, 10:22 PM']Holy shit.

This is one of the only times I've ever agreed with a post you've made.

btw, how is Troy Smith doing in the pros?[/quote]

that is funny cuz i seem to agree with most of your posts i guess you just dont see any of mine.

[quote name='Jason' post='783418' date='Jul 2 2009, 11:22 PM']Watch that first clip again.[/quote]

i can make a clip that makes akili smith look good.

[quote name='Jason' post='778830' date='May 26 2009, 04:24 PM']Not what I have heard at all. I know there were a few players who were a little disgruntled last year when he took over. But I have heard nothing to indicate anyone on the current team doesn't like him.

Can you provide a source or some support for this claim?

This was posted by an administrator at one of the biggest OSU fan sites on the internet, Dave Biddle, regarding Terrelle and his teammates:[/quote]

Player and OSU student who apparently shares a gym with Pryor. The student wouldn't even tell me exactly what happened it bothered him so bad. He just said he was a complete ass and though he loves his football team, he'll never root for Pryor again. Sorry, can't go around and spout off any names.

Maybe Pryor is a hell of a dude... I just know that my buddies don't care for him (or didn't, maybe it has changed).

[quote name='Tigris' post='783460' date='Jul 3 2009, 08:51 AM']Player and OSU student who apparently shares a gym with Pryor. The student wouldn't even tell me exactly what happened it bothered him so bad. He just said he was a complete ass and though he loves his football team, he'll never root for Pryor again. Sorry, can't go around and spout off any names.

Maybe Pryor is a hell of a dude... I just know that my buddies don't care for him (or didn't, maybe it has changed).[/quote]
I can second from info i have heard..the dude feels as if he is a god among men.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='783376' date='Jul 2 2009, 09:30 PM']if he moved to a WR now he would have a future in the NFL. as a QB he has no chance. [b]his decision making is weak and his accuracy isnt something to be proud o[/b]f. he is playing much inferior talent with good talent around him. he will be made to look good at OSU (except when they play a good team like USC) and blow ass outside of OSU.[/quote]

Yep, cause we all know that all QBs already have great decision making in their freshman years in college... :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

If he does have to move to WR (which I doubt) he will be an absolute beast.

[quote name='Eric Lichter' date=' Bucknuts.com ']One of the players at the top of the list is sophomore quarterback Terrelle Pryor.

“Terrelle just loves to be in the weight room; he’s in the weight room all the time,” Lichter said. “He’ll do his workout – he does everything he’s supposed to do – and then we’ll see him three, four hours later and he’ll be back in the weight room doing extra upper body or extra core work. So, he’s just dedicated and he loves to be around the Woody Hayes. We can’t get him to leave.

“He’s 6-6 and right there at 240 pounds. Not only is he big, he’s the fastest player on the team. [B]He clocked an electric 4.33 in the 40[/B]. We have the same timing system as the NFL combine and he clocked a 4.33 electronic 40 time. So, he’s an amazing athlete.”

[/QUOTE]

:13: :13:

Holy cow!!!

[quote]So, he’s just dedicated and he loves to be around the Woody Hayes. We can’t get him to leave.
[/quote]
Is "the Woody Hayes" what the call the locker room punching bag up there?

[quote name='#22' date='25 July 2009 - 01:08 AM' timestamp='1248498536' post='786481']
Is "the Woody Hayes" what the call the locker room punching bag up there?
[/quote]

The Woody Hayes Athletic Center.

• 1 month later...
[quote name='Jason' date='26 May 2009 - 06:46 PM' timestamp='1243349210' post='778757']
Miami just went to the playoffs running the wildcat, and you think this copycat league is turning away from the athletic QB?

I would say that the "run first" QB who does not show adequate proficiency as a passer may not have much luck as a starter in this league, but I think Pryor will develop into at least an adequate passer. If the progress he has made in the past year is any indication, and keeping in mind he will be in college AT LEAST 2 more years, I don't think it's unreasonable to thing he could develop into a good passer. He has the size and arm strength that NFL scouts look for.
[/quote]

Even if he develops into an "adequate passer" i still think he will be substandard. He is quick, and he has the arm strength, however I don't think he has the ability to fine tune them together. His attitude alone is going to hold him back from developing into a NFL quality quarterback. He is above average in most areas --- but so are a lot of good college quarterbacks, but I don't think he is good enough at them to make it in the pros.

Miami had success with the Wildcat until people understood what it really took to defeat it. It's a gimmick system --- and the more he runs the "mobile quarterback" style system in college, the less likely people are going to want him. Vince Young banged the goat on that one, it's the same reason why Tim Tebow won't likely be one of the top picks for the NFL in the next draft.

Colleges that run Pro-set systems have better fundementals, and will stand a whole lot better of a chance in the pros, as versus QBs trying to be the next Michael Vick or DMac.

Archived