Chris Henry dies after being in car accident

[quote name='GoBengals' date='16 December 2009 - 10:05 PM' timestamp='1261015516' post='843566']
your feelings about chris are yours, your opinions of him are yours, its clear your opinion of him is not a good one, tho anyone who has ever met him would think he is one of the nicest people they ahve ever met.

and you essentiallycame into a thread about him being in a very serious accident and potentially losing his life and saying "figures" "i knew it would be him of all players"

and thats fucking bullshit. if you had ever met him, or knew a fucking thing about him that wasnt posted in the enquirer or on PFT then perhaps it would be remotely appropriate to comment in that fashion, but you havent, and judging by your past bullshit post "does anyone even know who we play this week" "id rather clean my garage than watch this team" you have some superiority complex or dickbag complex perhaps..

your high horse bullshit and attitude are my fucking problem, not my feelings on this situation, chris, or anything else.

i saw chris twice in the last 3 months, once just said hi and the other had about 30 seconds of small talk, talked to his mother down at training camp for a second about some pictures i took of him that she wanted a copy of...

and to even know someone i have seen and spoken to no matter what they do for a living or are famous to know they are going through THIS and i JUST saw them.. i JUST talked to them not that long ago... is insane..

if your so disconnected and obviously dont GIVE A FUCK about the person everyone here is concerned about.. then dont fucking read it.. and sure as fuck dont post bullshit in the thread..
[/quote]

I tried to respond but my computer malfunctioned. I do care about Chris and hope he gets well. I dont wish this kind of injury on anyone.

As to my comments to you. Anger is often a direct response to pain and hurt. We are not good with dealing with those things so we mask them.

[quote name='globetrotter' date='16 December 2009 - 10:32 PM' timestamp='1261017148' post='843589']
I tried to respond but my computer malfunctioned. I do care about Chris and hope he gets well. I dont wish this kind of injury on anyone.

As to my comments to you. Anger is often a direct response to pain and hurt. We are not good with dealing with those things so we mask them.
[/quote]

In all honesty...your best bet is to log off for the night.

Anything you say is not going to help you right now.

[quote name='Mattyc' date='16 December 2009 - 10:33 PM' timestamp='1261017222' post='843590']
Wow, just heard the news, :doh: :20:

Hope the rumor is not true.
[/quote]

The rumor of him being on life support after an accident is true. As far as we know, he is still a live so keep praying for him.

I moved to Charlotte 2 years ago and browse this site to keep up to date. I live next door to a Charlotte-Meck police sergeant and he said he talked to a bunch of officers and Henry is essentially brain dead and on life support until family arrives at CLT within the hour.

I pray he is wrong.

[quote name='Draftman' date='16 December 2009 - 10:38 PM' timestamp='1261017530' post='843595']
I moved to Charlotte 2 years ago and browse this site to keep up to date. I live next door to a Charlotte-Meck police sergeant and he said he talked to a bunch of officers and Henry is essentially brain dead and on life support until family arrives at CLT within the hour.

I pray he is wrong.
[/quote]

man i hope somehow thats wrong...

Head injuries are never good.. Especially if there starts to be swelling, or a bleed in the brain which developed.. Take for instance that Actress that died earlier in a ski accident.. Everything was fine until later that night when she got a headache.. Basically bleeds in the brain cause pressure in the skull and pushes your brain against the inside of the skull. I am sure that is what the Dr.s are watching for now, and have probably put pressure sensors in Henry's head at this point to watch for it. If it was swelling not much can be done outside of hoping it does not swell so much as to cause permanent damage or even death.

As for brain damage only time will tell. If he was bleeding in the brain and the Dr.s got to it in time to relieve it then he should come out of it OK as long as it didn't cause any damage by the pressure it put on his brain against the skull.. If the brain actually was swelling to the point of being bigger than the skull holding it then things might not be so good.. But i think if that was the case he wouldn't be alive right now... Usually that type of injury happens pretty fast. Bleeding is much slower and can be dealt with if he's in the right hands (which he is)

Good luck Chris! You will be in my thoughts :( Such a sad day for Bengalland.

[quote name='globetrotter' date='16 December 2009 - 10:32 PM' timestamp='1261017148' post='843589']

[/quote]

Why dont you just let it go instead of trying to be a fucking psychiatrist and act like you are so much smarter then everyone else on this board.

Go, at least ban him for a few days so we dont have to deal with his dumbass posts as we try to learn more about Chris.

Chris, were pulling for you. And to quote one of Marvins shirts, "Fight Back!"

[quote name='GoBengals' date='16 December 2009 - 10:40 PM' timestamp='1261017630' post='843597']
man i hope somehow thats wrong...
[/quote]

The man is 27 years old. If it was such a dire case that they were debating whether or not to take him off life support, isnt that something they could do over the phone...I mean if it was an extreme case? What is the procedure for something like this? I mean he may have a do not rescuscitate sitaution worked out with his family but why would the family come to Charlotte to ok that? It could be to see him while he is still alive and say goodbye but beyond that i dont know.

[quote name='ccartman2' date='16 December 2009 - 10:45 PM' timestamp='1261017916' post='843601']
Reedy on ESPN news again. Think it is a replay.
[/quote]

Not a replay I dont think...but a lot of the same things.

And I know that this isnt really the time or place, and football is an afterthought right now...but lets kick some SD ass for Chris sunday.

[quote name='globetrotter' date='16 December 2009 - 11:46 PM' timestamp='1261017989' post='843604']
The man is 27 years old. If it was such a dire case that they were debating whether or not to take him off life support, isnt that something they could do over the phone...I mean if it was an extreme case? What is the procedure for something like this? I mean he may have a do not rescuscitate sitaution worked out with his family but why would the family come to Charlotte to ok that? It could be to see him while he is still alive and say goodbye but beyond that i dont know.
[/quote]

Jesus...this is shtick right? Ever lose anyone close to you? Think you could "phone it in".

Horrible.

[quote name='Draftman' date='16 December 2009 - 10:38 PM' timestamp='1261017530' post='843595']

I pray he is wrong.
[/quote]

Damn... Yah I really hope this report is wrong.. :( Definitely not getting any sleep tonight. Being a Bengal fan for 30 years now this is the worst news I have had to deal with in re: to the Bengals. We have had a lot of things to feel bad about too.. The kid was finally turning his life around and then this had to happen.. Please I hope the quote isn't accurate.. Please please please :(

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' date='16 December 2009 - 10:44 PM' timestamp='1261017849' post='843600']
Why dont you just let it go instead of trying to be a fucking psychiatrist and act like you are so much smarter then everyone else on this board.

Go, at least ban him for a few days so we dont have to deal with his dumbass posts as we try to learn more about Chris.

Chris, were pulling for you. And to quote one of Marvins shirts, "Fight Back!"
[/quote]

If my car broke down I would ask a mechanic or someone who knew about cars what I should do. Why should this be different? We all react in different ways.

[quote name='globetrotter' date='16 December 2009 - 10:46 PM' timestamp='1261017989' post='843604']
[/quote]

Would you want the plug pulled on your kid or if you dont have a kid then your parent or something without seeing them first and talking to the doctors in person etc.

I doubt there are many people that would pull the plug on their kid over the phone.

Kinda a dumb question globe.

[quote name='globetrotter' date='16 December 2009 - 10:46 PM' timestamp='1261017989' post='843604']
[/quote]

It that is the truth it is possible they won't pull the plug until tomorrow so they can say their goodbyes. If he is truly brain dead, the only rush is money and I'm sure his family wants to say goodbye. I know I would.

[/quote]

LOG OFF!

Archived