Chris Henry dies after being in car accident

[quote name='cwing' date='16 December 2009 - 06:12 PM' timestamp='1261012339' post='843491']
From the Channel 5 website.

[b]Homicide[/b] Investigation Launched Into Henry Crash
[/quote]

They don't have a separate "Attempted Homicide" investigation branch. The police are looking into the situation to determine how the potentially fatal injuries came about.

[quote name='BengalBeotch' date='16 December 2009 - 09:09 PM' timestamp='1261012178' post='843488']
Has anyone ever known anyone who successfully came off life support?
[/quote]
Yes, but I can't think of any that didn't have at least some quality of life issues afterwards, but I don't have that many data points. I'm sure it depends on circumstances though, which we don't know yet.

If I recall correctly, Dennis Weathersby was on life support for a while when he had his accident.

[quote name='SUPER_BOLTZ' date='16 December 2009 - 09:05 PM' timestamp='1261011944' post='843483']
um yea? it is actually. You can protect your head and somewhat control the way you land. Rather than swerving potentially being knocked head under heels and landing on your head unprotected. You were just trying to talk smack and this isn't the place or time bro. Grow up.
[/quote]

**edit

Let me rephrase that.

From the bed of a moving lifted truck?

There is no controlling that...

[quote name='BengalBeotch' date='16 December 2009 - 09:09 PM' timestamp='1261012178' post='843488']
If he's on life support that means his body can not sustain life without help correct? Has anyone ever known anyone who successfully came off life support?
[/quote]

Tons of people do. I think Chris will be ok. Sometimes people can't breath on their own so a they are put with a RT and a breathing machine until they are capable of functioning on their own.

[quote name='SUPER_BOLTZ' date='16 December 2009 - 09:05 PM' timestamp='1261011944' post='843483']
um yea? it is actually. You can protect your head and somewhat control the way you land. Rather than swerving potentially being knocked head under heels and landing on your head unprotected. You were just trying to talk smack and this isn't the place or time bro. Grow up.
[/quote]
[quote name='BengalsOwn' date='16 December 2009 - 09:16 PM' timestamp='1261012619' post='843498']
From a moving car?
[/quote]
Yeah, if the truck was moving at any kind of speed at all, and especially if curves or swerving were involved, even an attempted jump could end badly. There are laws of physics that suggest that you would have very little control over how you landed.

Prayers for Henry and his family right now.

[quote name='Oldcat' date='16 December 2009 - 10:15 PM' timestamp='1261012549' post='843496']
They don't have a separate "Attempted Homicide" investigation branch. The police are looking into the situation to determine how the potentially fatal injuries came about.
[/quote]

I would think "Homicide" implies a death has or is expected to occur. Otherwise would it not be an accident investigation or a police investigation?

[quote name='cwing' date='16 December 2009 - 06:24 PM' timestamp='1261013098' post='843505']
I would think "Homicide" implies a death has or is expected to occur. Otherwise would it not be an accident investigation or a police investigation?
[/quote]

It [b]is[/b] a police investigation, unless they brought in the FBI. Or Ninjas.

You don't need parse this information like they are giving you hints. The police are looking into the matter. They aren't giving you news on his health in this way.

[quote name='cwing' date='16 December 2009 - 09:24 PM' timestamp='1261013098' post='843505']
[/quote]
I'm optimistically assuming that it was a precaution, i.e. like a death is POSSIBLE and they need to cover their bases, not that it's happened or expected to happen. I hope I'm right and it means nothing more.

[quote name='BengalsOwn' date='16 December 2009 - 09:16 PM' timestamp='1261012619' post='843498']
**edit

Let me rephrase that.

From the bed of a moving lifted truck?

There is no controlling that...
[/quote]

If you willingly jump out yes you can easily survive with nothing more than scrapes and cuts. You may break a bone or 2 but not neccesarily. I saw the lifted truck and he could have been in better condition if he jumped on his own and protected himself. I just don't think he jumped on his own. I think his fiancee swerved and he fell out the truck unprotected resulting in a much worse fall. The police probably think so as well and that's why homicide investigators are involved.

[quote name='esjbh2' date='16 December 2009 - 09:03 PM' timestamp='1261011819' post='843479']
Really? Really? Not the time nor the place. Ben reference was bizarre and weird. The comment on Henry's actions is very premature if not worse.

We clearly don't have all the facts, and even if accurate, are you saying you've never done anything in the heat of the moment that you later regretted?
[/quote]

I am not saying that. What I am saying is that I dont do nearly EVERYTHING in the heat of the moment that I later regretted. Celebrating him and thanking him for what he did in his life does not mean we can't learn from his many mistakes.

The Ben Reference was in regards to wondering what the posts were like here when he had his horrific injury. The post was referring to rude and inapropriate steelers fans and I was saying pot meet ketle.

[quote name='globetrotter' date='16 December 2009 - 08:57 PM' timestamp='1261011432' post='843474']
Completely agree. This is tragic news and could just be another case of him unable to exhibit a normal level of restraint.

Regardless I hope he gets better and we can move on.
[/quote]

you are human fucking garbage.

From my experience with persons in situations like this a brain injury can often cause severe swelling that pushes the brain up against the skull. I think that the doctors then just wait to see how and if that swelling goes down. Anyone on here in a medical field can probably provide better insight. It could mean anything from he can live a perfectly fine life (without the collisions of football) to fatality depending on the brains response.

Praying for Henry to pull through. Growing up in West Virginia and being a WVU fan my whole life I always like to follow those players and have always followed Henry's career and hoped he would have a successfull one. Has destroyed my Steelers in the past big time. Especially in 2005/2006. Always thought he had Moss like talent if he could ever get on the field. Sux that he has had so much trouble but was seeming to be turning it around and then he gets hurt and now this. Saw the FOX Sports Net (or whatever it was) piece a few months ago on him showing how he was turning it around and was playing with his kids and stuff and trying to get back. I know I have made fun of him in the past on here because of his troubles but it was all in good jest just to try to get a rise out of you all. Always liked him as a player and wished we had drafted him.

Hope he pulls through.

[quote name='GoBengals' date='16 December 2009 - 09:33 PM' timestamp='1261013619' post='843512']
you are human fucking garbage.
[/quote]

I disagree. I dont wish this upon him and I want him to get better. But if you were going to pick one player who was going to jump into the back of a moving car while in a domestic dispute who would it have been?

[quote name='T-Dub' date='16 December 2009 - 09:43 PM' timestamp='1261014237' post='843522']
Dennis Weathersby popped into my mind as well. According to wiki he was studying to become a teacher as of '08. Hope this situation turns out as well.
[/quote]

i was wondering about him the other day... interesting to know.

Archived