Chris Henry dies after being in car accident

[quote name='Who Dey Forever' date='16 December 2009 - 09:58 PM' timestamp='1261015124' post='843552']
has he been on yet? just turned it on
[/quote]

You missed him. I caught it. Reedy said he spoke to TJ and he's just completely shocked. Made mention of Vicki Zimmer and how team has been dealt quite a blow this year. Said everyone is pulling for him. He didn't offer up too much information as to his exact condition.

[quote name='BengalsNYC' date='16 December 2009 - 10:01 PM' timestamp='1261015277' post='843560']
You missed him. I caught it. Reedy said he spoke to TJ and he's just completely shocked. Made mention of Vicki Zimmer and how team has been dealt quite a blow this year. Said everyone is pulling for him. He didn't offer up too much information as to his exact condition.
[/quote]
Thanks for the recap.

[quote name='globetrotter' date='16 December 2009 - 09:56 PM' timestamp='1261014973' post='843548']

and Go, Anger can be a direct response to the hurt you are feeling. If it helps to agressively attack something, I have no problem with you doing it to me, I am fine.
[/quote]

Seriously? Really??? Who the fuck are you... The Emperor? Strike me down in Anger Luke... You are the King of the douche-bags. Don't try to put yourself above others when you are at the bottom of the shithead pit.

[quote name='globetrotter' date='16 December 2009 - 09:56 PM' timestamp='1261014973' post='843548']
I was responding to an attack by the moderator. I really am sorry if I offended anyone but an accident to someone does not absolve him of prior issues. That is my opinion and you can have yours.

and Go, Anger can be a direct response to the hurt you are feeling. If it helps to agressively attack something, I have no problem with you doing it to me, I am fine.
[/quote]

your feelings about chris are yours, your opinions of him are yours, its clear your opinion of him is not a good one, tho anyone who has ever met him would think he is one of the nicest people they ahve ever met.

and you essentiallycame into a thread about him being in a very serious accident and potentially losing his life and saying "figures" "i knew it would be him of all players"

and thats fucking bullshit. if you had ever met him, or knew a fucking thing about him that wasnt posted in the enquirer or on PFT then perhaps it would be remotely appropriate to comment in that fashion, but you havent, and judging by your past bullshit post "does anyone even know who we play this week" "id rather clean my garage than watch this team" you have some superiority complex or dickbag complex perhaps..

your high horse bullshit and attitude are my fucking problem, not my feelings on this situation, chris, or anything else.

i saw chris twice in the last 3 months, once just said hi and the other had about 30 seconds of small talk, talked to his mother down at training camp for a second about some pictures i took of him that she wanted a copy of...

and to even know someone i have seen and spoken to no matter what they do for a living or are famous to know they are going through THIS and i JUST saw them.. i JUST talked to them not that long ago... is insane..

if your so disconnected and obviously dont GIVE A FUCK about the person everyone here is concerned about.. then dont fucking read it.. and sure as fuck dont post bullshit in the thread..

I'm about to go chill with Wilkes for a little bit..

One last thought:

Chris is going to be on my mind all night. I'll stay connected to my phone hoping for updates. I'm pulling strong for this guy. Someone like him doesn't deserve anything like this. I haven't met Chris in person or anything but I know he has become a greater person since his troubles. I love you Chris.

[quote name='Bengals1181' date='16 December 2009 - 10:00 PM' timestamp='1261015202' post='843557']
for those with a medical background, is the fact that he's been on life support/critical condition for assumably about 8 hours now, is that a good sign or a bad sign? IE, obviously its not good that he isn't improving yet, but do people on life support typically make it that long without passing?
[/quote]

I believe in the case of a brain injury you can and often do lapse into a coma that can be indefinite. It may be your bodies safety response to the event.

[quote name='GoBengals' date='16 December 2009 - 10:15 PM' timestamp='1261016132' post='843573']
i wish we could get more definite info on this..

this is rough...
[/quote]

I agree, I dont like silence in this situation. If he's alive and in the hospital then we would 100% know.

[quote name='bengals8580' date='16 December 2009 - 10:18 PM' timestamp='1261016320' post='843575']
I agree, I dont like silence in this situation. If he's alive and in the hospital then we would 100% know.
[/quote]

not necessarily...

cincinnati has small time media, chris hasnt been a hot media topics for a long while, so i dont think there is the hounding for info like in other situations... which is too bad..for us anyway..

[quote name='bengals8580' date='16 December 2009 - 10:18 PM' timestamp='1261016320' post='843575']
[/quote]

HIPPA can prevent you from ever knowing anything except if he passes....

Silence can be golden....just keep praying.

[quote name='BengalBeotch' date='17 December 2009 - 03:26 AM' timestamp='1261016784' post='843582']
joereedy
Chris Henry's mom and the rest of the family landing in Charlotte shortly #bengals
[/quote]

sorry to quote myself but this is probably why we no nothing at the moment. His family has not even arrived yet.

I tried to post this in its own thread but there appeared to have been an error. In times of grief, be it a severe injury or fatality the best bet for those dealing with it can be to celebrate the man by discussing what made that person great in our eyes. Perhaps here we can celebrate the greatness of Henry with the idea that there will hopefully be more ahead.

[quote name='GoBengals' date='16 December 2009 - 10:05 PM' timestamp='1261015516' post='843566']
your feelings about chris are yours, your opinions of him are yours, its clear your opinion of him is not a good one, tho anyone who has ever met him would think he is one of the nicest people they ahve ever met.

and you essentiallycame into a thread about him being in a very serious accident and potentially losing his life and saying "figures" "i knew it would be him of all players"

and thats fucking bullshit. if you had ever met him, or knew a fucking thing about him that wasnt posted in the enquirer or on PFT then perhaps it would be remotely appropriate to comment in that fashion, but you havent, and judging by your past bullshit post "does anyone even know who we play this week" "id rather clean my garage than watch this team" you have some superiority complex or dickbag complex perhaps..

your high horse bullshit and attitude are my fucking problem, not my feelings on this situation, chris, or anything else.

i saw chris twice in the last 3 months, once just said hi and the other had about 30 seconds of small talk, talked to his mother down at training camp for a second about some pictures i took of him that she wanted a copy of...

and to even know someone i have seen and spoken to no matter what they do for a living or are famous to know they are going through THIS and i JUST saw them.. i JUST talked to them not that long ago... is insane..

if your so disconnected and obviously dont GIVE A FUCK about the person everyone here is concerned about.. then dont fucking read it.. and sure as fuck dont post bullshit in the thread..
[/quote]

I'm with GO, I also had the pleasure of meeting slim one time, he was an extremely polite guy, and you never wouldve guessed the things the media says about him from talking to him. He went out of his way to be friendly when he clearly had no obligation to. People make mistakes, and he was brought up in bad areas, with a group of friends that led to bad situations. He had clearly made strides in the last couple years to abstain from those types of situations. This is a very serious situation for not only him, but his family and everyone that cares about him. Just because someone has messed up in the past doesn't change the way people feel about them that are close to them, and if you had a chance to meet him, I think you may feel different about him than the way he has always been portrayed by the media.

C'mon Slim, get through this man!

Archived