Santonio Holmes traded!

Bengals1181

Traded to the Jets

[quote]Steelers ship Santonio to the Jets

Posted by Mike Florio on April 11, 2010 11:24 PM ET
What a strange weekend it has been for Santonio Holmes.

Yesterday, we reported that Holmes is facing a four-game suspension under the substance abuse policy. Tonight, we're told that the Steelers have traded Holmes to the New York Jets.

More to come.
[/quote]

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/11/steelers-ship-santonio-to-the-jets/

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/11/steelers-ship-santonio-to-the-jets/

[quote]What a strange weekend it has been for Santonio Holmes.

Yesterday, we reported that Holmes is facing a four-game suspension under the substance abuse policy. Tonight, we're told that the Steelers have traded Holmes to the New York Jets.

More to come.[/quote]

[quote name='Bengals1181' date='11 April 2010 - 11:35 PM' timestamp='1271043324' post='876922']
I'm torn on this one. Stealers get much weaker, but the jets get much better.

My wild guess? Stealers are getting bad news about Ben tomorrow and know this year is going down the tubes. Dump Holmes now before he becomes an even bigger headache.
[/quote]

Probably has more to do with the fact that the Ohio State most amazing WR to ever play ever is a dumbfuck, and nothing to do with Roethlisberger...

[quote]Steelers ship Santonio to the Jets

Posted by Mike Florio on April 11, 2010 11:24 PM ET
What a strange weekend it has been for Santonio Holmes.

It's the second time in less than a year that the Jets have swung a deal for a former first-round receiver. Last October, they acquired Braylon Edwards from the Browns.

Like Holmes, Edwards also is facing a likely suspension after pleading guilty to an assault that occurred only days before he was traded. Also, both players are signed through 2010.

Suddenly, HBO's Hard Knocks got a lot more interesting.

UPDATE: Bart Hubbuch of the New York Post reports that the Jets gave up a fifth-round draft pick for Holmes, who was the MVP of Super Bowl XLIII. A fifth-round draft pick for a former Super Bowl MVP.
[/quote]

[quote name='BengalsOwn' date='11 April 2010 - 11:37 PM' timestamp='1271043426' post='876925']
Probably has more to do with the fact that the Ohio State most amazing WR to ever play ever is a dumbfuck, and nothing to do with Roethlisberger...
[/quote]

surely you should be more understanding.

Bastards.....I was coming on here to report this..... :rant:

Anyway, so much for their revamped passing game, huh? Playing them on defense has gotten a lot simpler: Rush 4, place either Jonathan or Leon on Hines ward, and play everyone else in zone. Ben will throw us the ball all day long...another season sweep for the Bengals....

But, boy, the Jets really do feel that they are only a couple of pieces away, don't they???

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' date='11 April 2010 - 11:47 PM' timestamp='1271044051' post='876933']
he is a strike away from a 1+ year suspension and he is a TOTAL moron who will fuck up agian.
[/quote]

a 5th is still weak. Not that I care that the stealers got hosed.

[quote name='BengalsOwn' date='11 April 2010 - 11:17 PM' timestamp='1271045851' post='876952']
Dixon..
[/quote]

And I hate to say it, but I like Dixon. I don't think he will do much in the league with being so short and not many weapons on offense, but as long as Ben is done I will be happy

Archived