ALARMED!

That Andre Smith Poll got me thinking. I am not so concerned about the offensive line because i expected them to struggle on the road against the patriots In fact, he sucks just as much as the rest of them and we all know that we just dont want to admit it. However, the defensive unit, i did not expect to struggle that badly. Say what you want, but they got their asses handed to them......AT WILL! Tom Brady could have scored on them all day long if need be. I will be honest, i expected them to get beat by New England in Foxboro. They had won 7 straight home openers coming in and they are still a legimate Super Bowl contending team despite what some pundits say. What i didnt expect was for the defense to just get dominated like they did. They didnt even compete. Or did they? If they did, that is an even scarier thought. I just hope they can make the proper adjustments and get settled down for the rest of this season. What was different about the game last year and believe it or not makes it much more easier to swallow than this year, was that they competed and were in the game for its entirety. In fact, they had the game won, if not for a fluke. The point is, at no time did i ever feel like they were in that game or had a chance to win that game simply because i knew even if it got close our D could not stop Tom Brady. I think they will make the adjustments and get better next week and more than likely beat Baltimore at home. But i know this much, this sure isnt last year. If they start out 0-2 they are in some serious trouble. I know they will likely go into the break at 3-2 if that happens, but they lost some suspect games last year and it could happen again. Even if they do go into bye at 3-2, they have fucking murderous road after that. I guess we will have to wait to see what happens.

[quote name='Enon Bengal' timestamp='1284394251' post='918348']
We played a bad half of football against a good team. Lots of room for improvement but I'm no where near the doom and gloom level I was after last year's first game and loss.
[/quote]

Ding, Ding, Ding!! We have a Winner!!

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1284395350' post='918355']
Congratulations for starting the first jump off of the ledge thread of the season.
[/quote]

Do you find it is your duty to put a positive spin on everything? Go into politics.

They played like ass, they put that crap on tape for other teams to digest and plan for. They better fix it. I'm not going to "talk about the good stuff" this is supposed to be the deepest team in Marvin's era and the deepest team since the superbowl team, and they were completely outclassed and looked alot more like a 90s bengals team than any "new" bengals, we shouldnt be looking this bad. They have time to right the ship, but man they better not play like that again.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1284395350' post='918355']
Congratulations for starting the first jump off of the ledge thread of the season.
[/quote]

Oh, didnt jump off quite yet. I am just simply stating that we are, if nothing else, supposed to have a championship caliber defense and it wasnt there. I know NE is a very good football team and like i said i expected to come out of there w/ a loss. I just wish they would have competed a little better. We will just have to wait and see what happens.

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1284395904' post='918357']
Do you find it is your duty to put a positive spin on everything? Go into politics.

They played like ass, they put that crap on tape for other teams to digest and plan for. They better fix it. I'm not going to "talk about the good stuff" this is supposed to be the deepest team in Marvin's era and the deepest team since the superbowl team, and they were completely outclassed and looked alot more like a 90s bengals team than any "new" bengals, we shouldnt be looking this bad. They have time to right the ship, but man they better not play like that again.
[/quote]

I'm trying to find the positive in my post. Hmm, oh look, I didn't talk about the game at all.

Do you find it your duty to respond to all of my posts?

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1284396052' post='918360']
I'm trying to find the positive in my post. Hmm, oh look, I didn't talk about the game at all.

Do you find it your duty to respond to all of my posts?
[/quote]

Only when your being a board nazi and telling people what they can and cant post.

[quote name='Enon Bengal' timestamp='1284394251' post='918348']
We played a bad half of football against a good team. Lots of room for improvement but I'm no where near the doom and gloom level I was after last year's first game and loss.
[/quote]

first half - sucked
second half - not so sure. I really think NE played a very different game plan once up 3 scores. So Cincy goes on a sustained 8 minute scoring drive, no problem, NE matches. It wasn't prevent D, but definately a delaying strategy. So for that reason, the stats are suspect.
And at no time was the DEF better than average.

Only one game
On the Road
Hate on Bellichek all you want, but NE out coached Cincy in all phases

I still believe this team can win 10 games with this scedule, but not with that performance.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1284396267' post='918363']
Hmmm, where did I say he couldn't start this thread? Oh look, I didn't.

But hey, you got to respond to another one of my posts, so good job. :locomotive:
[/quote]

The congrats on jumping off the banwagon type of comment.

I swear any negativity from people seems to really bother you.

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1284396358' post='918364']
[b]The congrats on jumping off the banwagon type of comment.[/b]

I swear any negativity from people seems to really bother you.
[/quote]

way to stretch it there. He has every right to start a thread jumping off the ledge. IMO its premature, but who am I or any other poster to stop him. If he wants to jump, he can jump.

There's plenty of negative from yesterday and I've been very critical of the defensive front 7 and the oline play early in the game and Carson's horrible INT.

You only see what you want to see. But go ahead and be a Nazi about my apparently Nazi-like posts. You've always been good at being a hypocrite. :wave:

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1284396491' post='918368']
way to stretch it there. He has every right to start a thread jumping off the ledge. IMO its premature, but who am I or any other poster to stop him. If he wants to jump, he can jump.

There's plenty of negative from yesterday and I've been very critical of the defensive front 7 and the oline play early in the game and Carson's horrible INT.

You only see what you want to see.
[/quote]

I see people spinning positives. It's silly, that was a horribly played game which should have never been that bad. Positives from that game? Oooook

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1284396491' post='918368']

[color="#FF0000"]
You only see what you want to see. But go ahead and be a Nazi about my apparently Nazi-like posts. You've always been good at being a hypocrite.[/color] :wave:
[/quote]

oh that's rich

you get all pissy about someone being negitive and then get called on it and now "i'm the nazi"

HA-LARRY-OUS

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1284396769' post='918374']
lol you seriously call my initial post "pissy"?

Buy a sense of humor sherlock.
[/quote]

You're the "golly gee guys it's not that bad" guy

you do it all the time and it's funny to watch

sorry my sense of humor is different from yours

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1284396874' post='918376']
You're the "golly gee guys it's not that bad" guy

you do it all the time and it's funny to watch

sorry my sense of humor is different from yours
[/quote]

lol what's funny if you calling me a nazi for commenting on someone's post, and then YOU being a Nazi about my posts. Well done sir.

But for the sake of ending this stupid convo I'll give you what you're dying to hear: You're right Jamie.

Archived