Is there no end to the stupidity?

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1287956948' post='934100']
Well, it depends on what some of those "fans" said to him.

Anyway, Lance McDouchealsiter was bringing up shit about the 90's on twitter.
I told him he was a douchebag and he blocked me. LOL

I will not contribute to his "popularity" or him having a job ever again.

I mean after talking about the 90's, and when the team took the lead, he
actually had the audacity to say

I don't know what everyone's problem has been......I've always loved this team:) [url="http://twitter.com/LanceMcAlister/status/28621402949"][color="#eb0707"]2 hours ago[/color][/url] [url="http://twitter.com/?status=@LanceMcAlister%20&in_reply_to_status_id=28621402949&in_reply_to=LanceMcAlister"][color="#eb0707"]reply[/color][/url]

Fuck him.
[/quote]

that worthless bastard, who promotes nothing but reds baseball and basically rejects anything about the bengals (other than when he entertains john thornton) actually started a discussion the other day about how boring professional football was, saying college football was much more exciting. now don't get me wrong, i love both formats, but that's a pretty dumb discussion to start up when a major part of your viewership are bengals fans and it's mid season.

You take the sure points every time unless the end of the game dictates otherwise. It was too early. Don't play like you need the extra points until you need em. A) it looks like you need gimmicks to win...and B)..you end up leaving points on the field...
It's rare that this pays off. If we were better at it..i might have been fine at it. But we are obviously not.

[quote name='Bleeds Orange' timestamp='1287955035' post='934064']
This was probably brought up in the game thread, but I don't want to dig through it, so...

Is this one of the dumbest teams in the history of the league? What player or team fair catches a ball on the three or four yard line? What coach goes for two in the middle of the third quarter, when an extra point would make the score 24-20? (And while I'm at it, Steve Tasker is equally ignorant, because he defended their going for two the first time.) By passing up the two extra points on the two separate TDs, they ended up with 25 points. Granted, none of those plays directly affected the outcome of the game, but that doesn't mean they should be overlooked or given a pass. The foolishness of the extra point decision would have been really on display had they lost the game 27-25.

And how about Caldwell's decision to fight for that all-important extra yard instead of getting out of bounds in the closing seconds? And going back a few weeks, how about Palmer's decision to complete a pass at the five with no time outs left and the clock running out?

It's one thing to not have the plays go your way on the field, but the "12 men in the huddle", false starts, and blatantly stupid decisions are unforgivable.
[/quote]

how every team goes for 2 there...

EVERY TEAM EVER..

it gets you within a FG... if you kick a XP, you need a td, if you dont get the 2pt, you need a TD, nothing to really lose there..

you bleed alright... but its not orange..

[quote name='GoBengals' timestamp='1287984917' post='934336']

EVERY TEAM EVER..

it gets you within a FG... if you kick a XP, you need a td, if you dont get the 2pt, you need a TD, nothing to really lose there..

[/quote]

Wow, sensitive much? The thing that kills me about certain people on this site is that if you don't wear orange tinted glasses and be positive about everything this franchise does, you get slammed for it. If you run off the people who dare be critical of the team and the franchise, you'll be left with people blowing sunshine up each others' asses every week.

I'm sorry, Go, but going for two there was just plain dumb, and there's no way you can tell me with a straight face that EVERY TEAM EVER goes for two there. Please! Like I said, the odds are against making the two, so they left the field after two TD with 25 points instead of 27. If Atlanta kicks one more FG you're down 27-25 instead of a tie game. Furthermore, Atlanta would not have gone for two later in the game, because there would have been no incentive to do so. So it ended up costing the team three points.

I can see making that choice with five minutes to go in THE GAME, but halfway through the third quarter?!

Yeah, IF they make it, it LOOKS like the right call, but it wasn't. Next time you see a team make that decision in that situation anytime before the last half of the fourth quarter, quote this post, bump the thread, and prove me wrong. I won't be holding my breath.

EVERY TEAM EVER..

[/quote]

That is not true. Not in the third qtr. Only if you are terrified that within the next qtr and a half, you are worried you can't score TD's.

Some teams, maybe. But you keep taking all the "free" points until you need to get fancy. And fancy isn't something the Bengals do well. The facts speak for themselves.

EVERY TEAM EVER..

[/quote]

Good post. Football 101. Too bad so many are still taking remedial courses.

EVERY TEAM EVER..

[/quote]

[quote name='kennethmw' timestamp='1288014481' post='934410']
Good post. Football 101. Too bad so many are still taking remedial courses.
[/quote]

In the middle of the 3rd quarter? Nah... I don't think so.

Still WAY too much time left in the game to be chasing points then... I can assure you Phil Simms would disagree with it. I'll take his opinion over Steve Tasker's... all day.

He said as much on October 14th...

[quote](On two-point conversions): Two-point conversions - it's the same every year. Everybody goes for them too early in games. They see their team is down two. If they score a touchdown they just automatically go for the two-point conversion and almost every single time there's a chance that it could come back and bite them in the football game. Only go for the two points when that's the only way it gives you a chance to win the game. You can't predict what's going to happen, especially when there's a quarter or a quarter-and-a-half to play. You see it almost every week in the NFL, but you see it every single week in college. When you make that mistake in the NFL you're taking a chance away from your football team winning a game. [/quote]

http://www.cbspressexpress.com/div.php/cbs_sports/release?id=26415

The real question is why in the hell did we kick a FG on 4th and 2 down 21-3. There is no difference in 21-3 and 21-6. Stupid stupid coaching decision. Then, was it the 2nd to last drive, im not sure what drive exactly. 1st down run, stuffed, 2nd down run, stuffed. Why in the hell do we run it twice when the passing game is owning. They had chris owens 15 yards off TO or Chad. Our coaches are a joke. It was early so as most are saying, its too early to go for 2. So the 15 points instead of 18 is pointless. And why in the hell does crocker play so much, he is so bad its painful. There is no way in hell reggie nelson is worse than him.

[quote name='Bleeds Orange' timestamp='1288017431' post='934437']
Thanks for posting that, Vol Bengal. I guess Simms is "remedial", too.
[/quote]

Yeah, he's "a GENIUS" since he's agreeing with you. Next week he'll be a "DUMBASS" because he'll say something you don't agree with.

[quote name='kennethmw' timestamp='1288018117' post='934445']
Yeah, he's "a GENIUS" since he's agreeing with you. Next week he'll be a "DUMBASS" because he'll say something you don't agree with.
[/quote]

That's quite an assumption you're making there. Your omniscience is amazing and profound.

[quote name='BengalSIS' timestamp='1288013803' post='934408']
That is not true. Not in the third qtr. Only if you are terrified that within the next qtr and a half, you are worried you can't score TD's.

Some teams, maybe. But you keep taking all the "free" points until you need to get fancy. And fancy isn't something the Bengals do well. The facts speak for themselves.
[/quote]

This.

[quote name='kennethmw' timestamp='1288018117' post='934445']
[/quote]

Phil Simms?

Dude... he's the best color man / announcer in football. Jim Nantz does their play by play. I'll say again, I'll take his word over Steve Tasker (since that was the announcer doing their game yesterday and agreeing with the decision). I listened to Steve Tasker do a Houston / KC game... and he was horrible in it too.

Archived