Carson Wants Out

[quote name='Lucid' timestamp='1295810074' post='964126']
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOOs8MaR1YM&feature=related[/media]
[/quote]

No diffferent than the sheeple that continously believe that Mike Brown and the Bengals are "on the right track"...

shit shit,am i the only one who didnt want us to cut carson palmer when he played shitty. Damn this is unbelieveable,2011 is going to a b a long ass season, i didnt want us to get cam newton now i have no fucking idea. Maybe fucking jordan palmer can save us or Jt "pick6" sullivan lol,or the mighty bratkowski. but now im considering cam newton shit

[quote name='Farbeyonddriven' timestamp='1295810130' post='964128']
Are we a football team or a cast of a soap opera? this shit is just crazy. I think it is a power play, what a dysfunctional "organization".
[/quote]

When you go from thinking Superbowl or playoff success in August and go to 4-12.

Blowing the thing up should be expected. What truly sucks for Bengals fans is we are not going to get a quick decisive blow up. We'll get areas of grey and speculation over stuff that changed or did not change.

Carson/Chad are some of may favorite Bengals. I fully recognize Marvin dug this franchise out of a hole. But moving on from them after such failure is not bad.

What sucks is we will get a half ass effort of blowing shit up by Mike Brown. In times like this you need a guy that throws pink slips around for fun.

It is a soap opera and dysfunctional. Should have shut the door on Marvin after that Tampa loss. Then you set the stage of change.

PLEASE tell me this just has to do with Brat and if we fire Brat he'll stay. If not...were in trouble.

Lets say he does get traded. Can we get a 1st rounder? 2nd rounder?

Imagine if we can trade Carson for a 1st and Chad for a 2nd or 3rd. Could improve a lot in the draft.

But I prefer we fire Brat and keep carson if thats what he wants. But who knows what carson wants...

[quote name='BurnsBengal' timestamp='1295809734' post='964110']

ETA: I wonder if this makes it a near certainty that Brat has been asked to come back next year?
[/quote]

this is just a thought, but i'll throw it out there...

it could be, this is carson having marvin lewis' back. carson just might be the ONE guy who can make mike brown blink. i think there have been clear but muted signs that carson has been as upset with bratkowski as anyone else. maybe his supposed retention was the straw that broke the camel's back.

[quote name='CJandTO' timestamp='1295810638' post='964139']
PLEASE tell me this just has to do with Brat and if we fire Brat he'll stay. If not...were in trouble.

Lets say he does get traded. Can we get a 1st rounder? 2nd rounder?

Imagine if we can trade Carson for a 1st and Chad for a 2nd or 3rd. Could improve a lot in the draft.

But I prefer we fire Brat and keep carson if thats what he wants. But who knows what carson wants...
[/quote]

LOL keep dreaming. I'd be ecstatic if we got a couple 3rd round picks for them.

[quote name='bengaled' timestamp='1295810243' post='964131']
yeah, that's pretty much my take, as well.
[/quote]

The guy has had his nose broken, his knee smashed, and his his elbow fucked up. So how is this an indictment on Carson Palmer. Still, with all of these injuries the Cincinnati Bengals decided to use Bobbie Williams, Nate Living, Kyle Cook, and Dennis Roland to protect him.

That should be considered a crime in the even the most liberal of states.

At this rate, the only chance Carson has of walking in his fifties is to go to another team.

[quote name='spicoli-2' timestamp='1295810426' post='964134']
No diffferent than the sheeple that continously believe that Mike Brown and the Bengals are "on the right track"...
[/quote]

Yes.. Sheep don't jump off cliffs.

Fortunately I am neither.

[quote name='bengaled' timestamp='1295810643' post='964141']

it could be, this is carson having marvin lewis' back. carson just might be the ONE guy who can make mike brown blink. i think there have been clear but muted signs that carson has been as upset with bratkowski as anyone else. maybe his supposed retention was the straw that broke the camel's back.
[/quote]

Thats what Im hoping for...

Goes something like this.

Marvin wants Chilly in brat out. Mikey says Chilly can come in as consultant but Brat stays. Marvin really wants brat gone and chilly in but Mike wont let him. Marvin tells Carson. Carson demands trade unless Brat is gone. All that gets relayed to the media is that Carson demands a trade, nothing is told to Mortensen about the Brat thing.

Hopefully Mike fires Brat, Marvin gets his OC, and CP is happy.

Oh and then the bengals win the super bowl :)

[quote name='Bengals Scout (1991-2002)' timestamp='1295810739' post='964142']
LOL keep dreaming. I'd be ecstatic if we got a couple 3rd round picks for them.
[/quote]

No offense, but the one thing ive learned from all your posts is that you dont know shit about football.

Oh btw, I do mean offense.

[/quote]

Let us hope this to be the case, but sadly, I seriously have my doubts.

[/quote]

Who knows? However, he might be getting some internal heat about his pay when measured against his current play.

[quote name='Missya15' timestamp='1295810575' post='964136']
shit shit,am i the only one who didnt want us to cut carson palmer when he played shitty. Damn this is unbelieveable,2011 is going to a b a long ass season, i didnt want us to get cam newton now i have no fucking idea. Maybe fucking jordan palmer can save us or Jt "pick6" sullivan lol,or the mighty bratkowski. but now im considering cam newton shit
[/quote]

I'm with you. I want Carson back. This offseason is probably going to be the worst ever so much change. i wonder will this get Brown to see no one likes the OC!

[quote name='CJandTO' timestamp='1295810849' post='964145']

No offense, but the one thing ive learned from all your posts is that you dont know shit about football.

Oh btw, I do mean offense.
[/quote]

LOL. I don't know shit about football and you do?

Alright genius, what team is willing to give up a 1st round pick for an injury prone 31 year old QB who's demanding a trade and hasn't posted a season QB rating over 90 in four years?

[quote name='CJandTO' timestamp='1295811029' post='964148']
Kind of curious what Go and Dan think about this...I mean for all we know this has nothing to do with Brat, but I imagine it does.

Cant wait to hear their responses.
[/quote]
oh so they're like the gods of this forum...?

[quote name='bengaled' timestamp='1295810042' post='964124']
james walker and chris mortenson aren't reliable or established enough sources for you?
[/quote]

Not really. Working for ESPN, they are essentially the same source.

Mort has also reported in the past:

Vick wouldn't be indicted.

Ron Rivera new Cowboys coach

Parcells to the Falcons

Eli Manning to miss first month of 2008 season.

Jeff Garcia with a broken back in 2007

Brett Farve was staying retired (before at least one of his returns)

That Shanahan was going to replace Herm Edwards as Chiefs coach

....etc....

Mort may be right, but he's the least respected of the NFL news hounds...

I'd rather hear it from Glazer, and maybe have a little something slip through a Jordan Palmer tweet before considering Carson wants out

[quote name='Bengals Scout (1991-2002)' timestamp='1295811172' post='964150']

Alright genius, what team is willing to give up a 1st round pick for an injury prone 31 year old QB who's demanding a trade and hasn't posted a season QB rating over 90 in four years?
[/quote]

Raiders, Seahawks, Cardinals, etc.

Definitely could get a 2nd.

[quote name='Missya15' timestamp='1295811265' post='964152']
[/quote]

You apparently didnt understand the way I meant it.

Im interested to see how they try to defend themselves and dig themselves into a deeper hole by defending the terribleness that is Bob Bratkowski.

[/quote]

Why not 2nd rounder? I don't think your being fair in your response.

[quote name='Missya15' timestamp='1295811265' post='964152']
[/quote]

They report to scharm. So that puts them high up there.

what team is willing to give up a 1st round pick for an injury prone 31 year old QB who's demanding a trade and hasn't posted a season QB rating over 90 in four years?
[/quote]

Yeah I have my doubts that anybody would give up a 1st for him, but at the same time, you never know. There could always be some GM out there that just thinks a change of scenery is all he needs to regain his old form. I'm sure scouts and QM's are well aware of the albatross that is Mike Brown, and the fact that Carson isn't exactly in a situation conducive to playing winning football.

[quote name='CJandTO' timestamp='1295811378' post='964156']
You apparently didnt understand the way I meant it.

Im interested to see how they try to defend themselves and dig themselves into a deeper hole by defending the terribleness that is Bob Bratkowski.
[/quote]
oh ok,i thought u were just waiting to see what they say and agree with them 100% lol

Archived