Carson Wants Out

[quote name='CJandTO' timestamp='1295811309' post='964154']
Raiders, Seahawks, Cardinals, etc.

Definitely could get a 2nd.
[/quote]

Not from everything I've read so far.

[quote]Palmer will make $50 million over the next four seasons, so his trade value is greatly decreased by his huge pricetag. A fourth round pick seems reasonable to me, and then he would probably have to re-structure his contract.[/quote]
[url="http://www.reservationforsix.com/2011/01/carson-palmer-to-demad-trade.html"]Link 1[/url]

[quote]I’m sure Cincy was already looking at possible quarterback options considering Palmer is 31 years old and has yet to make a big impact. The Bengals only won four games this season and Palmer started in all 16 games. [b]His trade value is very little, so if the Bengals do somehow trade him somewhere, they won’t get much for him[/b].[/quote]
[url="http://thecovertwo.com/2011/01/carson-palmer-demands-a-trade/"]Link 2[/url]

Just speculation obviously, but I don't see how they could get a 2nd rounder for him. If Randy Moss was had for a 3rd rounder, considering Palmer's contract, age, demands, and level of play the past few seasons, you're not going to get much for him.

[quote name='CJandTO' timestamp='1295810849' post='964145']
Thats what Im hoping for...

Goes something like this.

Marvin wants Chilly in brat out. Mikey says Chilly can come in as consultant but Brat stays. Marvin really wants brat gone and chilly in but Mike wont let him. Marvin tells Carson. Carson demands trade unless Brat is gone. All that gets relayed to the media is that Carson demands a trade, nothing is told to Mortensen about the Brat thing.

Hopefully Mike fires Brat, Marvin gets his OC, and CP is happy.

Oh and then the bengals win the super bowl :)

No offense, but the one thing ive learned from all your posts is that you dont know shit about football.

Oh btw, I do mean offense.
[/quote]

I want to live in this world!!!! lol

This isn't anything I would have expected from CP, if this is true. For the sake of this post, I'll assume it's true. If he is honestly threatening retirement if he isn't dealt then things must be downright caustic in Cincy.

I think we can all agree his best days are behind him but if he's dealt this puts us into SERIOUS rebuilding mode. No clear cut QB going into next year but a multitude of 1st and 2nd days picks.

The next few days will be really interesting...

[quote name='Bengals Scout (1991-2002)' timestamp='1295811688' post='964163']
Just speculation obviously, but I don't see how they could get a 2nd rounder for him. If Randy Moss was had for a 3rd rounder, considering Palmer's contract, age, demands, and level of play the past few seasons, you're not going to get much for him.
[/quote]

Mcnabb went for a 2nd and either a 3rd or 4th. So I believe we could get a 2nd out of him

Whether or not you like Carson or dislike Carson. Whether or not you think Carson is done or think he has many good years left ----- this really is not about Carson. It is about how f%*ked up this organization is top to bottom.

[quote name='mongo' timestamp='1295811301' post='964153']
Not really. Working for ESPN, they are essentially the same source.

Mort has also reported in the past:

Vick wouldn't be indicted.

Ron Rivera new Cowboys coach

Parcells to the Falcons

Eli Manning to miss first month of 2008 season.

Jeff Garcia with a broken back in 2007

Brett Farve was staying retired (before at least one of his returns)

That Shanahan was going to replace Herm Edwards as Chiefs coach

....etc....

Mort may be right, but he's the least respected of the NFL news hounds...

I'd rather hear it from Glazer, and maybe have a little something slip through a Jordan Palmer tweet before considering Carson wants out
[/quote]

fair enough, i'm not the agent for either of them. no matter how you look at it though, this does give this report some legs and likely takes it out of the "bad rumor" category. there's some serious shit going down here....count on it.

[quote name='Ogremeister' timestamp='1295808265' post='964068']
I guess this speaks volumes to Carson's "no comment" remark when told of Marvin's re-signing or the lack of a change at OC?
[/quote]

From 2008:
[quote]
Asked if he thought the same coaching staff could turn it from being stale, Palmer said, “I don’t think so,” but he also said he doesn’t know if Lewis will make those changes.

“We need a lot of changes,” said Palmer, who did respond to a question about discipline, a subject he has often discussed.

“When you look at the most successful teams in this league, they’re very disciplined,” Palmer said. “And we’re obviously not one of the most successful teams. I don’t think we’re the most disciplined team and that’s definitely an area we need to improve on.”

http://larrybrownsports.com/football/carson-palmer-wants-changes-in-cincy/1188[/quote]

[quote name='cwing' timestamp='1295811917' post='964166']
Whether or not you like Carson or dislike Carson. Whether or not you think Carson is done or think he has many good years left ----- this really is not about Carson. It is about how f%*ked up this organization is top to bottom.
[/quote]

agreed.

[quote name='Lucid' timestamp='1295809332' post='964094']
Hilarious watching people go off the deep end over some unsubstantiated media rumor. I think patience and levelheadedness are completely foreign concepts to many.
[/quote]
+1 given

[quote name='sois' timestamp='1295809945' post='964122']
What the hell? Carson gave his heart and soul to the Bengals.

If this is true, FUCK YOU MIKE BROWN. I've never said that before but this deserves it (if true).

How can anyone side with the Cincinnati Bengals corporation led by Mike fucking Brown over Carson Palmer?
[/quote]
+1 given

Watching the hilarious responses to some bullshit a blogger posts (yeah, James Walker is a fucking blogger, nothing more) really cements that we have some of the most pathetic "fans" I have ever seen.

That said, if the rumor is true... Maybe you assholes who booed when Carson hit 20k yards should take a look in the mirror a bit, too. Why would a guy with $50m+ in the bank want to work in front of such a peanut gallery?

This is awful. We will be horrible next year if he is gone. We have an easy schedule and a great opportunity to turn things around quickly if he returns.

I guess I am a little confused by the negativity surrounding him if he does demand to be traded. The frustration is evident here when it comes to the lack of changes, imagine if it was your career. He has been put in a situation where he can't succeed. Awful playcalling, awful OL and headcase WRs who don't run the right routes. He has come back time and time again from injury after injury and always been on the positive. It looked like changes were going to be made....they weren't or have not been. One day, somebody's gonna have to make a stand. One day, somebody's gonna have to say enough. If this is true he played the company man for long enough and finally got fed up.

I would not be surprised if this is the straw that breaks Bratkowski's back. Benson does not want him back, Lewis does not want him back and now Carson does not want him back.

It is funny that a QB and Coach who had the worst years of their respective careers...or poor years....are in a position to negotiate. Only with the Bengals.

[quote name='Bengals Scout (1991-2002)' timestamp='1295812118' post='964170']
Coming into the 2010 season, McNabb was statistically a better QB.
[/quote]
True but he is three years older than Carson and had injury concerns. He has only started 16 games once in the last 6 seasons before the trade.

[quote name='bengaled' timestamp='1295809658' post='964104']
fuck what HE wants. let the son of a bitch go ahead and retire. you seem to forget how he got so financially secure to be able to make such a pronouncement. getting hit on every play my ass. he's a pussy. i'd tell him to go find his new team, and while you're talking to them relate that mike brown and the bengals expect to be compensated in kind for a $118M player. otherwise, he's playing for us, or sitting on his worthless ass for 3 years.
[/quote]
Finally we agree on something

[quote name='mongo' timestamp='1295811301' post='964153']
Not really. Working for ESPN, they are essentially the same source.

Mort has also reported in the past:

Vick wouldn't be indicted.

Ron Rivera new Cowboys coach

Parcells to the Falcons

Eli Manning to miss first month of 2008 season.

Jeff Garcia with a broken back in 2007

Brett Farve was staying retired (before at least one of his returns)

That Shanahan was going to replace Herm Edwards as Chiefs coach

....etc....

Mort may be right, but he's the least respected of the NFL news hounds...

I'd rather hear it from Glazer, and maybe have a little something slip through a Jordan Palmer tweet before considering Carson wants out
[/quote]

Great post. I was thinking the same thing. Mort has been wrong on a lot.

And Marvin has said a lot stuff lately in regards to he would "work to make sure no one “stole Carson’s thunder”.
And made it clear that Carson is the face of the Franchise ect. It is going to take a lot more than a Mort Report
for me to take this as any more than a rumor, at the moment.

[quote name='BigDawgBengal' timestamp='1295812249' post='964174']
True but he is three years older than Carson and had injury concerns. He has only started 16 games once in the last 6 seasons before the trade.
[/quote]

That is true. But you can say the same thing about Palmer and his injury issues. And McNabb didn't demand a trade or contemplate retirement, giving the Eagles more lead-way in trade negotiations. Carson Palmer has basically given the Bengals no cards at all. If the Bengals want to get[i] any[/i] value from him, they have to trade him to only a handful of teams, and those teams know that.

[quote name='BigDawgBengal' timestamp='1295810616' post='964138']
Time to trade Palmer and then use those picks to trade for Kevin Kolb.

Send Palmer to the Cards, the Cards send a 2nd round and 5th round to the Eagles and the Eagles send Kolb to the Bengals.
[/quote]
This is a good idea and fits the needs of each team involved.

Well if this turns out to be true, and if it turns out that this is some sort of Marv/Carson power play designed to initiate some sort of changes, and then if it actually works...they will forever be my heroes. I mean that sincerely.

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' timestamp='1295808952' post='964084']
If true, yet another player wanting out of Cincinnati during MB's tenure as GM.

MB as the true cancer of this organization can no longer be denied!
[/quote]

then pick a new team and shut the fuck up already.

[quote name='cwing' timestamp='1295811917' post='964166']
[/quote]
That's how I see it unfortunately.

[quote name='bengaled' timestamp='1295810643' post='964141']
this is just a thought, but i'll throw it out there...

it could be, this is carson having marvin lewis' back. carson just might be the ONE guy who can make mike brown blink. i think there have been clear but muted signs that carson has been as upset with bratkowski as anyone else. maybe his supposed retention was the straw that broke the camel's back.
[/quote]
That's an awfully optimistic outlook, and would make Carson a hero if true. I doubt it is though.

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' timestamp='1295812804' post='964184']
Great counter argument as usual.....
[/quote]

you've complained aboutevery aspect of this team almost non stop.. mike isnt going anywhere anytime soon.. so why keep torturing yourself? and everyone else with the nonstop bitching about MB?

are you under the impression that someone isnt aware you hate MB?

are you thinking there is someone out there who likes MB that you are going to convert by bringing him up in every type of topic on the planet?

whats the purpose of bashing MB in every fucking topic on the planet?

either get the fuck over it, understanding he is going no where.. or shut up about it already...

jesus christ..

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1295812382' post='964177']
Great post. I was thinking the same thing. Mort has been wrong on a lot.

And Marvin has said a lot stuff lately in regards to he would "work to make sure no one “stole Carson’s thunder”.
And made it clear that Carson is the face of the Franchise ect. It is going to take a lot more than a Mort Report
for me to take this as any more than a rumor, at the moment.
[/quote]

I just don't believe anything Mort says. Glazer and Schefter have been kicking his ass for years. Add to that Schefter moving to ESPN, and Mort's been saying crazy shit in the hopes something turns out to be true. I think Mort is desperate to keep his job, and is hoping sensationalist statements keep him around a bit longer.

The truth is that Mort's out of touch. The insiders he knew have all retired, and Glazer and Schefter are young, connected, and relative peers of the players and coaches.

[quote name='GoBengals' timestamp='1295813003' post='964186']
you've complained aboutevery aspect of this team almost non stop.. mike isnt going anywhere anytime soon.. so why keep torturing yourself? and everyone else with the nonstop bitching about MB?

are you under the impression that someone isnt aware you hate MB?

are you thinking there is someone out there who likes MB that you are going to convert by bringing him up in every type of topic on the planet?

whats the purpose of bashing MB in every fucking topic on the planet?

either get the fuck over it, understanding he is going no where.. or shut up about it already...

jesus christ..
[/quote]

Out of all this discussion and everyone here bitching... you single me out. Curious.

Archived