Carson Wants Out

Looks like free agency (usually when you see players traded) starts around March 5th, but I'm not so sure there will actually be a free agency because the contract expires "in March" with no specific date listed.

Well there are players traded DURING the draft, and I know for sure the 2011 draft is the last thing scheduled under the current CBA. So I guess it's possible. Who the fuck knows...

[quote name='akiliMVP' timestamp='1295816964' post='964244']
Looks like free agency (usually when you see players traded) starts around March 5th, but I'm not so sure there will actually be a free agency because the contract expires "in March" with no specific date listed.

Well there are players traded DURING the draft, and I know for sure the 2011 draft is the last thing scheduled under the current CBA. So I guess it's possible. Who the fuck knows...
[/quote]
I have heard it and read it...

No players are allowed to be traded without a new CBA...and if there is not a new CBA before the draft then no players are allowed to be traded during the draft either....

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' timestamp='1295817067' post='964245']
I have heard it and read it...

No players are allowed to be traded without a new CBA...and if there is not a new CBA before the draft then no players are allowed to be traded during the draft either....
[/quote]
Well that settles it. Carson stays unless there is a drastic change on the CBA front. Unless he retires, which would be a bitch move.

[quote name='TheBeaverHunter' timestamp='1295817381' post='964248']
Everyone who has given me shit for saying Brat sucks the past 8 years can kiss my ass. This, in my mind, proves how the players feel about him…especially the most important… franchise QB. Also shows how much respect Marvin has. [b]I just hope it opens the front offices eyes about it's processes.[/b][/quote]

If this does not, nothing ever will...

[quote name='CJandTO' timestamp='1295814982' post='964221']
I have a feeling Go will blame it more on Ohio being shitty and the fans being idiots then to anything actually going on in the organization.
[/quote]

Can we please just stay with the facts of the story, instead of throwing darts at people on the site? Palmer is the subject.

[quote name='BigDawgBengal' timestamp='1295817551' post='964250']
I know it's not the case but I would laugh my ass off if it's Jordan Palmer demanding to be traded and Mort just heard his source say Palmer and thought it was Carson.
[/quote]

I was just gonna post this......

:thumbsup:

[quote name='BengalsOwn' timestamp='1295817686' post='964251']
Wow, that's a back breaker...

Where Carson goes, my loyalty follows.
[/quote]

i think I'm in that boat too Own.... In the NBA, I mainly follow players, Ray Allen, Carmelo, and Shaq are my favorite players.. I may have to parlay that to the NFL... I'll always hope the Bengals do well, but, to be as actively engaged with the happenings of this team. I think it'll go.

[quote name='cincity' timestamp='1295811149' post='964149']
I'm with you. I want Carson back. This offseason is probably going to be the worst ever so much change. i wonder will this get Brown to see no one likes the OC!
[/quote]

Can it get worse than 4-12??? Not much... change might be good.

[quote name='mongo' timestamp='1295811301' post='964153']
Not really. Working for ESPN, they are essentially the same source.

Mort has also reported in the past:

Vick wouldn't be indicted.

Ron Rivera new Cowboys coach

Parcells to the Falcons

Eli Manning to miss first month of 2008 season.

Jeff Garcia with a broken back in 2007

Brett Farve was staying retired (before at least one of his returns)

That Shanahan was going to replace Herm Edwards as Chiefs coach

....etc....

Mort may be right, but he's the least respected of the NFL news hounds...

I'd rather hear it from Glazer, and maybe have a little something slip through a Jordan Palmer tweet before considering Carson wants out
[/quote]

Yes. Mortsenson is out the door.

[quote name='CJandTO' timestamp='1295811309' post='964154']
Raiders, Seahawks, Cardinals, etc.

Definitely could get a 2nd.
[/quote]

No matter where he goes he's not going any farther than what Cincinnati can do. Every good team has their QB already.

[quote name='BigDawgBengal' timestamp='1295811878' post='964165']
Mcnabb went for a 2nd and either a 3rd or 4th. So I believe we could get a 2nd out of him
[/quote]

McNabb lived in the playoffs. Whether you like McNabb or not he's there almost every year.

[quote name='eva4ben-gal' timestamp='1295813558' post='964203']
Tank the season on purpose to get Luck? Interesting idea, but it wouldn't surprise me if Luck pulled an Eli on us.
[/quote]

Then Luck re-enters the draft the following year and MB decided to tank again!! Luck can't escape!!

[quote name='akiliMVP' timestamp='1295816964' post='964244']

[/quote]

First trades I can find last year were March 4.

March 4th, 2010

San Diego Chargers trade CB Antonio Cromartie to New York Jets for a 3rd round pick in 2011

Cleveland Browns trade DT Corey Williams to Detroit Lions for a late round draft pick (unannounced)

I guess the question is if there is a small window of opportunity before the CBA ends.

Left tackle [url="http://www.bengals.com/team/roster/andrew-whitworth/3a81696e-e6b3-4abd-8dd0-85e8748fa086/"]Andrew Whitworth[img]http://www.bengals.com/assets/nflimg/icon-article-link.gif[/img][/url] said he wouldn't comment until he heard Palmer talk about the subject directly.

I have a hard time believing that some unnamed source knows Carson wants to be traded,
but Whitworth has heard nothing.

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1295818415' post='964264']
Left tackle [url="http://www.bengals.com/team/roster/andrew-whitworth/3a81696e-e6b3-4abd-8dd0-85e8748fa086/"]Andrew Whitworth[img]http://www.bengals.com/assets/nflimg/icon-article-link.gif[/img][/url] said he wouldn't comment until he heard Palmer talk about the subject directly.

I have a hard time believing that some unnamed source knows Carson wants to be traded,
but Whitworth has heard nothing.
[/quote]

Why? Do you just assume that Whitworth and Carson like to chat online or something?

I don't talk to my co-workers on a regular basis outside of work.

Why does Whitworth have to know about it for a rumor to be credible? That's almost as stupid as the fans saying good riddance.

I don't blame Carson at all. The Bengals have ruined his career by not protecting him, giving him underachieving diva WR's to work with and a shitty O Coordinator these last few years. He has kept his mouth shut for years when he could have said many things. The definition of Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. It speaks volumes when your starting QB and RB want out of town. If this is true, its going to hurt it big time because we wont be able to trade for a veteran QB until the new CBA is settled, which will probably be after the draft. And if we draft Cam Newton at #4, I think I'm done, I'll start rooting for the Colts. I don't see how anyone can continue to defend this organization any longer.

[b]Carson wanting out is different than Chad[/b]
January 23rd, 2011 | [url="http://www.allproblogger.com/category/uncategorized/"]Uncategorized[/url]
John Thornton

I'm hearing the news of Bengals QB Carson Palmer wanting out of Cincinnati. ESPN is reporting it, but I have been saying this since October. The Bengals number one issue after the season was over would be sitting down with Carson and asking him if he wanted to be a Bengal next year. It's one thing to have your star WR wanting out, but if your franchise QB says he's done, you have to listen. I can't think of any other star QB doing this recently and the demand not be contract related. If your best player isn't excited about the team, then who will be? Carson had a tough year on the field, and off. He mentioned his wife being affected by the boo birds after it was announced during a game in which he passed the 20,000 yard mark. He also mentioned on Bengals.com that he was pissed that people were trashing his lawn at his Cincinnati home. Couple that with recent purchase of San Diego land, and a bunch of west coast teams needing QBs, lack of change with the Bengals, and now the rumors will begin. Carson is a classy guy, and he has a big time agent in David Dunn, who was my agent as well, so things won't get public or messy. I expect the Bengals or Carson to make a statement saying things are fine. This news does make more sense of the Marvin Lewis interview this week where he ripped the offensive scheme and said he will never let this happen to Carson again. Maybe Chilly was here for a reason after all. I love rumor season.

[url="http://www.allproblogger.com/2011/01/23/carson-wanting-out-is-different-than-chad/"]http://www.allproblogger.com/2011/01/23/carson-wanting-out-is-different-than-chad/[/url]

[quote name='TheBeaverHunter' timestamp='1295817381' post='964248']
Everyone who has given me shit for saying Brat sucks the past 8 years can kiss my ass. This, in my mind, proves how the players feel about him…especially the most important… franchise QB. Also shows how much respect Marvin has. I just hope it opens the front offices eyes about it's processes.
[/quote]
Couldnt agree more!

Archived