Carson Wants Out

Marv's gonna trade him to SF and then take off and be their DC, Any Given Sunday style.

But seriously. I doubt Carson is going to try to strong arm his way out. Whose going to trade for that huge contract? If he retires, then he retires. The best QB prospect in a long while is in the draft next year..

[quote name='Lucid' timestamp='1295807883' post='964053']
This is fucked up
[/quote]

Nothing fucked up about it. The light has gone on for Palmer and truthfully its the first thing he has done right since 05'. Cincinnati is a fucking horrible organization unwilling to change its ways and will never be a consistent winner. Marvin is a joke, Mike brown is a bigger joke, and those two together are the biggest joke of all. The put on a fucking ridiculous fucking press conference and none of the things Marvin claimed are going to change.......AT ALL! FUCKING DISPICABLE! I say, GOOD FOR YOU CARSON, about time somebody wised the fuck up in cincinnati.

[quote name='Bengals Scout (1991-2002)' timestamp='1295811688' post='964163']
Not from everything I've read so far.

[url="http://www.reservationforsix.com/2011/01/carson-palmer-to-demad-trade.html"]Link 1[/url]

[url="http://thecovertwo.com/2011/01/carson-palmer-demands-a-trade/"]Link 2[/url]

Just speculation obviously, but I don't see how they could get a 2nd rounder for him. If Randy Moss was had for a 3rd rounder, considering Palmer's contract, age, demands, and level of play the past few seasons, you're not going to get much for him.
[/quote]

jesus, check your sources before using them. is this the same guy?

http://contributor.yahoo.com/user/101551/jordan_heck.html

Jordan Heck
I'm still in High School, and I'm looking to possibly become a writer for a sports team, or possibly make graphics for a sports team. My main choices would be the Chicago Cubs or Tampa Bay Buccaneers, but I'll work for anyone who gives me a chance.

[quote name='MichaelWeston' timestamp='1295812173' post='964173']
This is awful. We will be horrible next year if he is gone. We have an easy schedule and a great opportunity to turn things around quickly if he returns.

I guess I am a little confused by the negativity surrounding him if he does demand to be traded. The frustration is evident here when it comes to the lack of changes, imagine if it was your career. He has been put in a situation where he can't succeed. Awful playcalling, awful OL and headcase WRs who don't run the right routes. He has come back time and time again from injury after injury and always been on the positive. It looked like changes were going to be made....they weren't or have not been. [color="#FF0000"]One day, somebody's gonna have to make a stand. One day, somebody's gonna have to say enough. [/color]If this is true he played the company man for long enough and finally got fed up.

I would not be surprised if this is the straw that breaks Bratkowski's back. Benson does not want him back, Lewis does not want him back and now Carson does not want him back.

It is funny that a QB and Coach who had the worst years of their respective careers...or poor years....are in a position to negotiate. Only with the Bengals.
[/quote]

Not making fun so much as I found a chuckle in that line.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbVuZbsEhPo[/media]

[quote name='bengaled' timestamp='1295813162' post='964192']

Jordan Heck
I'm still in High School, and I'm looking to possibly become a writer for a sports team, or possibly make graphics for a sports team. My main choices would be the Chicago Cubs or Tampa Bay Buccaneers, but I'll work for anyone who gives me a chance.
[/quote]

I said it was just speculation. And do you have any sources identifying Palmer's value as a 1st or 2nd round pick? And considering past NFL transactions, I don't see how Palmer could net anything of value.

[quote name='bengaled' timestamp='1295813162' post='964192']

Jordan Heck
[/quote]

He was a Bengals scout during the dark years, of course he doesnt check his sources.

:on_the_quiet:

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1295813076' post='964189']
Marv's gonna trade him to SF and then take off and be their DC, Any Given Sunday style.

But seriously. I doubt Carson is going to try to strong arm his way out. Whose going to trade for that huge contract? If he retires, then he retires. The best QB prospect in a long while is in the draft next year..
[/quote]
Tank the season on purpose to get Luck? Interesting idea, but it wouldn't surprise me if Luck pulled an Eli on us.

[quote name='Bengals Scout (1991-2002)' timestamp='1295813360' post='964195']
I said it was just speculation. And do you have any sources identifying Palmer's value as a 1st or 2nd round pick? And considering past NFL transactions, I don't see how Palmer could net anything of value.
[/quote]
:24: don't try to defend having a high school source

[quote name='eva4ben-gal' timestamp='1295813558' post='964203']
Tank the season on purpose to get Luck? Interesting idea, but it wouldn't surprise me if Luck pulled an Eli on us.
[/quote]
If Carson retires, It's not tanking. We will just suck that bad.

And I don't think Luck could pull and Eli on Mike. Mike would just sit back and wait for him to sign.

[quote name='GoBengals' timestamp='1295813523' post='964202']
some comments are too stupid to even comment on, some werent stupid.. yours fell right in the middle...
[/quote]

I notice you have only attacked people yet have yet to reply to Carson demanding a trade. When you see Brat in the hot tub tonight ask his opinion on the matter. Thats after you wash his dog of course.

[quote name='GoBengals' timestamp='1295813523' post='964202']
some comments are too stupid to even comment on, some werent stupid.. yours fell right in the middle...
[/quote]

How many players have to do this before people realize?

Pickens
Dillon
Chad
and now Palmer... not to mention all of the free agents that have used the Bengals as leverage for a better deal or as their last stop before retirement...

No one can deny Palmer has been a team player to this point...

What has remained the ONE...SINGLE constant since 1991?

[quote name='Bengals Scout (1991-2002)' timestamp='1295813781' post='964208']
Yeah, I admit it was pretty bad on my part. Either way, do you have anything that says his value is worth a 1st or 2nd?
[/quote]
I never said he was, I'm not sure what his value is but I'd have to guess second at the very highest. I just had to call you on that.

I feel sick over this. I was already fed up with the zero changes, especially Brat fucking coming back. This is my last straw. Where ever Carson goes, I go. Fuck the Bengals. Why root for a team that even the team leaders don't think care enough to win? They will never amount to shit.

Loyalty at this point is stupid. I don't even get enough emotional joy from the Bengals to justify it anymore.

[quote name='GoBengals' timestamp='1295813003' post='964186']
you've complained aboutevery aspect of this team almost non stop.. mike isnt going anywhere anytime soon.. so why keep torturing yourself? and everyone else with the nonstop bitching about MB?

are you under the impression that someone isnt aware you hate MB?

are you thinking there is someone out there who likes MB that you are going to convert by bringing him up in every type of topic on the planet?

whats the purpose of bashing MB in every fucking topic on the planet?

either get the fuck over it, understanding he is going no where.. or shut up about it already...

jesus christ..
[/quote]

Dude our franchise QB is demanding a trade.

Maybe its time you opened your eyes.

Or we could always turn on Carson and say he is being "crabby"

At the end of the day, you got to love/hate how coaches and players for the Bengal can go from serious playoff expectations to 4 wins and when they say they want out there's alot of embracing from the fanbase.

Carson/Chad/Marvin will always have some respect from me. But a failure that was this past season you've got expect turnover.

The truly sad part and were the Bengals just don't get it. They could have mid season thrown these coaches/players under the bus and you'd have entirely different vibe about the team. Wouldn't cost a whole lot, maybe save you some ticket sales.

Just think fire Marvin before bye week. Name Zimmer. Then play the media game about Carson and Chad's future. How much better is the perception of this franchise?

I'd say a ton.

Instead they allow Marvin to throw them under Bus. Allow Chad to do what Chad does and now allow Carson to demand a trade.

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' timestamp='1295813797' post='964209']
How many players have to do this before people realize?

Pickens
Dillon
Chad
and now Palmer... not to mention all of the free agents that have used the Bengals as leverage for a better deal or as their last stop before retirement...

No one can deny Palmer has been a team player to this point...

What has remained the ONE...SINGLE constant since 1991?
[/quote]

This

[quote name='Bengals Scout (1991-2002)' timestamp='1295813360' post='964195']
[/quote]

yes, but i hardly consider that legitimate speculation. use better sources or don't waste our time with them.

and no, i don't have any such sources. but then again, i didn't raise the issue, so i don't know why you'd expect me to.

Archived