Workout Routine

TheBeaverHunter

You probably strained it. I did the same thing and had really bad pain on my lower back/upper ass. Took at least a year to fully recover, partially because I kept heavy deadlifting with the injury like a moron. Take a month off of deadlifting and do nothing but back bridges and very light stretching. If you stretch too much it could re-injure it. Start back deadlifting super light and really work on your form. Keep building up slowly. Obviously if it starts hurting again start over and maybe take even longer off from deadlifting.

It's not like a crazy pain, it's just sore.  My lower back gets sore from my bicep exercises as well. Its the same kind of sore that I get from my lower back exercises.  It feels stronger than when I initially started doing everything. 

I'll look into the back bridges.  I'd like to make my V look a little more cut.

It's not like a crazy pain, it's just sore.  My lower back gets sore from my bicep exercises as well. Its the same kind of sore that I get from my lower back exercises.  It feels stronger than when I initially started doing everything. 

I'll look into the back bridges.  I'd like to make my V look a little more cut.

Having a V could be the problem...

I'm good at deadlifting because I have a D 

It's cause you were High lmao.

But I have been hitting the weight room real hard at LifeTime here in Minny for the last month. Drinking protein shakes and all. I weigh 170 myself and am on the same goal as you. 180-190. I started at 165 and put up 5 pounds already.

My arms are getting swell and you can see it. I love this shit.

Hahhaaha....yes, this is true.

I do love getting back into the mode because the first month or so you see the most significant gains again and it gets you all hype.  I do need to increase my caloric intake and consistently hit the gym hard cuz I'm trying to get big.  Tired of not being able to beat up whoever I want. 

It's so great reading about you young guys working out like you do.  This old geezer is doing 30 mins every morning on the treadmill every morning with some pushups and crunches and a few stretches, just hoping to turn this case into a twelve pack! :D  I don't think there is an icicles chance in hell that I'll ever be 6 packing again!

You absolutely could again if you changed your diet and worked out.  I know a guy 56 yrs old who lost 72 lbs and now has a 6 pack......he said the ONLY thing he did differently was his diet.  He works out all the time but cut out gluten from his diet as well as dairy and refined sugars.  

If you drink pop, stop. It's the devil. The whole "I only drink one pop a day," kills me. It's like eating an entire unhealthy meal.

A can of pop and bag of Doritos... breakfast of champions.

I see people at work drink 3 or 4 cans of soda a day......WTF!   That's just while they're at the office.  Imagine how much more they drink at home.  They say that if you cut out soda from your diet altogether, you will weigh 17 lbs less in 1 year's time from this change alone.  Or some shit like that.  

I'm going to focus significantly on my core.  Get that strengthened up then move on to other parts.  I remember being strongest when I focused on core. 

I see people in my night classes that bring in an entire liter of mountain dew. Gee-Sus Christ.  I mean, who needs an entire liter of pop?  I quit cold turkey about 10 months ago.  I used to drink 1-2 sunkists a day.  Now my intake consists of water, milk, and an occasional beer.

I see people in my night classes that bring in an entire liter of mountain dew. Gee-Sus Christ.  I mean, who needs an entire liter of pop?  I quit cold turkey about 10 months ago.  I used to drink 1-2 sunkists a day.  Now my intake consists of water, milk, and an occasional beer.

tumblr_m0yc59tlU41r7affco1_400.jpg

I remember when I was in 10th grade, during football season before we could drive, I was waiting for my mom or something, and this other kid's mom came along. His name was Teddy. He was a 300 pounder but wasn't no taller than 5'9". He was a cry baby, hillbilly, but he would take 10 seconds to run a 40. The extra break was amazing and that was his value to the team. Anyway, his mom picked him up. Before he could even get the door shut, she would hand him over a 2 liter of pop, a bag of M&Ms, and some random candy bar. It was gross.

Starting it slow... 2 out of 3 meals today :lol:

I just finished 6 weeks, didn't lose but 3lbs but at this point I don't want to lose at all, I want to gain and lose body fat percentage. Didn't quite get there this time but did gain strength, my head just wasn't in it this time. Too much fruit, never really allowed myself to detox from sugar. Ah well gonna focus on strength till I run out of this progenix then get strict again.

I started about a month ago tracking my calorie and carb intake and all that through myFitnessPal. Can't believe how bad my diet was. I wanted to drop about 50 lbs so they put me in for a goal of about 1600 calories  I have been doing pretty good with it but 1600 calories is freaking tough!!! If forces me to basically kill about 500-700 calories a day through cardio. I have dropped about 10 pounds since I started getting serious (3 weeks ago). Feeling very good.

Sorry didn't feel the need to start another thread for this. Thanks to Tigris (in this thread a while back) for making me realize how important my diet is to losing weight. I used to just exercise and think that way I can eat whatever I want. After realizing my regular day were about 1500 to 2000 calories more than it should been, reality set in.

I never looked at calories either, until I looked through this thread.  Amazing how many you unknowingly put you put in your body.  A nice cold glass of milk with dinner alone could be over 300. 

I look much more cut now that I have been calorie counting.  Something I never thought I'd do.  1600 is incredible.  Kudos.

All you nancies talking about counting calories....I'm trying to GAIN weight dammit.  Give me your calories! 

JC, pasteurized milk is HORRIBLE for you.  Creates allergens in your body......the nutritional benefit you get from it is wiped out when it gets pasteurized.  Plus, don't get me started on what's allowed to be in that milk to pass FDA inspection.  EWWWWWW.   And the problem is that the weight/bulk it will add will all be in your mid section. 

Nobody should eat/drink pasteurized diary.  Ever. 

I actually don't drink milk anymore unless it's with my casein.  I cannot drink my casein with water because of how unbelievably chalky it tastes.  I'll keep it in mind for my next batch of casein, though.  It would be nice to cut out milk entirely and consist of water..and whiskey.

I can't drink milk because of a whey allergy. Can't drink protein shakes either because of whey. Hard for me to bulk quickly

You can get plant proteins....hemp protein is the most bioavailable protein to your body.  And don't worry, it's from the male plant so there is ZERO intoxicants in it.  No risk of failed drug test....hemp is also a food.  Our bodies break it down easily as compared to other proteins.  Pea protein is another.....I think you would be able to tolerate these with no issues.  Pea protein tastes like shit though.  Here's a protein powder made from all plant based proteins (studies show protein from plant based source vs animal based source has same effects/benefits) that you would be able to tolerate with no issue:

http://www.amazon.com/Garden-Life-Organic-Protein-Grams/dp/B0031JK96C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1362155447&sr=8-1&keywords=raw+protein

I actually get the same company's "RAW MEAL" which has 34g of protein in it already.  Get vanilla or chocolate because I can't imagine anyone likes the taste of sand (original).   It's complete, available nutrition for about $2.00 a meal (2 scoops).  Good shit. 

SolarWarrior also makes a protein blend that you would be able to stomach with no issues but that has majority pea protein, which again, tastes like utter shit.  IMO. 

I started about a month ago tracking my calorie and carb intake and all that through myFitnessPal. Can't believe how bad my diet was. I wanted to drop about 50 lbs so they put me in for a goal of about 1600 calories  I have been doing pretty good with it but 1600 calories is freaking tough!!! If forces me to basically kill about 500-700 calories a day through cardio. I have dropped about 10 pounds since I started getting serious (3 weeks ago). Feeling very good.

Sorry didn't feel the need to start another thread for this. Thanks to Tigris (in this thread a while back) for making me realize how important my diet is to losing weight. I used to just exercise and think that way I can eat whatever I want. After realizing my regular day were about 1500 to 2000 calories more than it should been, reality set in.

Good for you! That's awesome to hear. Keep going. I don't know how big of a sweet guy you are, or if you even like yogurt, but check out CarbMaster yogurt at Kroger. 8g protein per cup, low carbs, low sugar, low calorie (I get vanilla or strawberry something). They're not something you can focus around obviously but say dinner is ready in a half hour but you just got back from the gym and am starving, slam a cup or two beforehand to hold you over and keep your metabolism cranking.

I never looked at calories either, until I looked through this thread.  Amazing how many you unknowingly put you put in your body.  A nice cold glass of milk with dinner alone could be over 300. 

I look much more cut now that I have been calorie counting.  Something I never thought I'd do.  1600 is incredible.  Kudos.

I still don't calorie count. I carb, sugar, fat, and protein count. I have no clue how many calories I eat a day. I've already had breakfast, tiny meal, and lunch... I'll add it up in a minute

Protein bar, banana, coffee

Tuna pack, 2 clementines

Pork loin, banana

Looks like I'm a natural sugarsholic. I love fruit. I have some blueberries waiting on me after work.

Archived