2011 Reds Gameday Thread!

JBandJoeyV

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1312761816' post='1012748']
Yay! 3rd place! :boring:
[/quote]

And nowhere to go either. Its too late, there are too many teams to leapfrog, they are too far back, not enough games to play. I'd be happy to eat those words but I don't see it for this season. At least the Pirates run is about over too.

Such an underachieving team. So many runners left on base.

They need to work hard this winter with Yonder. He needs to be an everyday player. We need him to be hitting behind Joey. This team would be so much better if they can keep those two in the line-up.

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1312774278' post='1012806']
Such an underachieving team. So many runners left on base.

They need to work hard this winter with Yonder. He needs to be an everyday player. We need him to be hitting behind Joey. This team would be so much better if they can keep those two in the line-up.
[/quote]

Cozart too. Assuming Cozart and Alonso can continue to do what they've done so far, the two of them can add SO MUCH to this offense.

If they could somehow find a way for Alonso to play 3rd it would be huge...I just dont see it happening. I dont see him playing LF either. Unfortunatley Alonso is blocked. IF you find a way for Alonso to be a capable 3rd you could have a SICK lineup.

1. Sappelt LF
2. Phillips 2B
3. Votto 1B
4. Alonso 3B
5. Mesoraco C
6. Bruce RF
7. Stubbs CF
8. Cozart SS

That lineup could be nasty. But once again I just dont see Alonso fitting in anywhere.

I can't wait till they get Billy Hamilton in the line-up. He is a blur. Wow. He has 78 steals so far this year. I went to a game this past week and the pitcher tried to pick him off five times before he threw a pitch.

As for Yonder..if he works on fielding hard enough, he can become good in the field. If you have Billy Hamilton and Brandon Phillips in your infield at one point, you don't have to have a ton of range.

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1312775223' post='1012811']
I can't wait till they get Billy Hamilton in the line-up. He is a blur.

As for Yonder..if he works on fielding hard enough, he can become good in the field. If you have Billy Hamilton and Brandon Phillips in your infield at one point, you don't have to have a ton of range.
[/quote]

Billy hamilton has at least 3-4 years before he sniffs the majors.

I think the biggest difference between this year and last is Arthur Rhodes.

Its hard to blame the bullpen for everything, but it seems whenever its a tie game and we get to the bullpen they give up runs every time. Different guy each night. just disappointing.

About to be 10 games back.

We need to close this thread to avoid more agony. Such high hopes, decent talent on this team....they just can't put it together. Whether its Dusty being a moron with lineups or handling pitching, Massett continually being run out there when he fucking sucks, Arroyo making far, FAR more money than his average talent deserves (and all the MLB-leading homers he gives up in the 4th/5th/6th innings of games), losing all these one-run games, too much striking out from Stubbs and whomever the fuck, Votto not hitting as many homers, defensive errors, Volquez not being the pitcher he once was....etcetera, etcetera....disappointing season for sure.

Fuckers.

[quote name='Hooky' timestamp='1312890187' post='1013151']
Does anybody know why Mike and Mike always skip the Reds score when they rattle off the baseball scores in the morning? It makes you wonder.
[/quote]

kind of like every time they show a highlight package of an NFL player it always includes a play against the Bengals?

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1312892778' post='1013157']
kind of like every time they show a highlight package of an NFL player it always includes a play against the Bengals?
[/quote]

You notice that too?

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1313021358' post='1013791']
That's OK, so are the Reds.
[/quote]

Its a big injury for 2012 though. Not that he wont be okay by then, but for Walt and dusty to trust he should be the everyday SS in 2012 these last couple months could have cemented that...

Archived