Suh unraveling into Haynesworthdom

CTBengalsFan

I said he was a shitbag the way he took Dalton down in the preseason and some people thought "Na, it was great, I wish we had players with that much fire"

I'm really starting to believe the guy is delusional. Because part of me thinks he believes what he's saying. Of course, anyone who saw the tape can see otherwise, but man.

[b] Suh tries to defend his stomp[/b]
[color=#666666][font=Georgia,][size=1]
Posted by Mike Florio on November 24, 2011, 6:07 PM EST

[/size][/font][/color]
[font=Georgia,]
In the past, when Lions defensive tackle[url="http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5593/ndamukong-suh"]Ndamukong Suh[/url] has supplied his version of an on-field incident that resulted in a penalty or a fine, he seemed persuasive.[/font]
[font=Georgia,]
After Thursday’s [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2dMLOjmfb0"]Haynesworthy performance against the Packers[/url], Suh’s effort to talk his way out of trouble comes off as pathetic.[/font]
[font=Georgia,]
“What I did was remove myself from the situation the best way that I felt in me being held down in the situation that I was in,” Suh said, via NFL.com. “[url="http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8246eec7/article/lions-dt-suh-says-thirdquarter-ejection-was-unwarranted?module=HP11_headline_stack"]My intentions were not to kick anybody, as I did not[/url]. [I was] removing myself, as you see, I’m walking away from the situation. And with that I apologize to my teammates, and my fans and my coaches for putting myself to be in position to be misinterpreted and taken out of the game.”[/font]
[font=Georgia,]
It gets better. Or, for Suh, worse.[/font]
[font=Georgia,]
“I was on top of a guy being pulled down and trying to get up off the ground, which is why you see me pushing his helmet down,” Suh said. “As I’m getting up, I’m getting pushed so I’m getting myself unbalanced. . . . With that a lot of people are going to interpret it as or create their own storylines, . . . but I know what I did, and the man upstairs knows what I did.”[/font]
[font=Georgia,]
What Suh did requires no interpretation. He aggressively pushed the head of [url="http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5512/evan-dietrich-smith"]Evan Dietrich-Smith[/url] into the ground, and Suh stomped on Dietrich-Smith’s arm as Suh started to walk away.[/font]
[font=Georgia,]
“I understand in this world because of the type of player and type of person I am, all eyes are on me,” Suh said. “So why would I do something to jeopardize myself, jeopardize my team, first and foremost? I don’t do bad things. I have no intentions to hurt someone. If I want to hurt him, I’m going to hit his quarterback as I did throughout that game.”[/font]
[font=Georgia,]
He needs to quit while he’s not ahead.[/font]
[font=Georgia,]
“If I see a guy stepping on somebody I feel like they’re going to lean into it and forcefully step on that person or stand over that person,” Suh said. “I’m going in the opposite direction to where he’s at.”[/font]
[font=Georgia,]
It’s an amazingly flimsy, and perhaps delusional, effort to explain what was obvious to anyone with eyes. Apart from the ultimate penalty that will be imposed on Suh by the league office — and plenty of people believe a suspension is coming — Suh needs to be concerned about the impact of his behavior and his lame explanation of it on his marketability. From Subway to Chrysler to any other company that has chosen to give Suh a lot of money to endorse its products, that money could be drying up, quickly.[/font]

this guy is beyond haynesworth bad.. haynesworth had 2-3 incidences tops.... Suh is at like 4 for the SEASON...

the sutler push wasnt bad, that one is BS, but the rest are brutal violent acts fat beyond any football act.

the announcer or post game guys whoever, said it best, i think it was boomer actually that the coach/lions need to take action now, or this guy is going to get far worse...

does Suh not realize that everyone on the planet has now seem this replay 37 times in slow motion and from 5 angles?

if it was not on tape, and everyone only saw it once... MAYBE the excuses could fly... but look, guy, its in full HD for EVERYONE to see, there is no balance problem anywhere... there is no getting up problem... just violence... and proper ejection...

he should get a 50k+ fine and a 1 game suspension by either the team or the league... he ripped a guys helmet off earlier in the game and got penalized... the guy is on a warpath...

pairing he and Fairley might be a dangerous combo... for and against the Lions... i have never seen anyone spear more QB's in college than fairley...the youtube videos are brutal on that guy too...

[quote name='Passepartout' timestamp='1322280319' post='1067093']
Looks like he might get a couple of games suspended. As well as possibly at least, a $50K-$100K fine. Since what he did was indeed so wrong and not too bright!
[/quote]

the high end of both of those would be totally fair...

Suh might be the dirtiest player I have ever seen.

It's just like come one man (not MNF come one man), he has had over twice as many dirty plays as anybody else since he has come in the league.

Even one of his college teammates said that his college team didn't really like him then because of how dirty he was even in practice.

He said something like he wasn't trying to stomp on the player, he was trying to catch his balance (haha). Is this dude literally retarded?

There were rumors the NFL wanted him to be the face of the league, but I feel he is a piece of shit and deserves no credit for anything he has done.

Until he becomes a respectable person, let alone player, I personally don't feel like he should be allowed in the league. I know just about everyone will disagree with me because football is supposed to be rough but he crosses the line.

I hate all the new hitting penalties, as does everyone because they make no sense, but there is no reason to rip someone's helmet off or stomp on someone's arm that is being held down on the ground.

The NFL needs new change rules(calvin johnson rule) and also need to do something about players like suh because fines mean nothing to them.

[quote name='bigfeet4real' timestamp='1322524681' post='1068938']
is it bad that i would LOVE to have him on our d-line! i agree he needs to tone it done some but could you imagine him roughing up big ben and flacco? i think he'd be better suited in a division like the afc north.
[/quote]

oh awesome so instead of sacking someone like our dline already does, he could hand them a free first down with a penalty for "roughing up big been or flacco"

i want him no where near this team...he or fairley...

going to be interesting if losing 2 games of play and over $200,000 total in missed pay and fines will wake him up or not... i am going to assume it wont... he has been doing it for many many years through college and the pros, he has denied it foolishly, until i assume the lions forced him to take accountability in public messages, next time he will get 4 games and a fine... it may take mising 1/4th of a season and not getting paid for over a month to get to him...

with the level of delusion he has shown recently, i have doubts that this fixes him...

Archived