A move sure to make many happy

[b] [size=6]Lippincott going back to school[/size][/b]

Jim Lippincott said he filters his most important decisions based on regret.

When he joined the Bengals in 1992 in scouting and personnel, it was because he didn’t want to turn 60 and wonder what life would have been like in the NFL had he not accepted Mike Brown’s offer.

In announcing his upcoming retirement as the team’s Director of Football Operations on Tuesday, Lippincott did so because he wants one last opportunity to coach high school football.

Lippincott will return to Moeller High School, where he was for 11 years as a coach and later athletic director before he joined the Bengals, and will be the defensive coordinator on John Rodenberg’s staff.

For the past couple years, Lippincott and Steve Klonne talked about coaching together again. Lippincott was Klonne’s defensive coordinator from 1982 until he went to the Bengals. Klonne, who was Moeller’s head coach from 1982-2000, will serve as the offensive line coach.

“For the last couple years I had a desire to return to high school coaching. I’m 62 and I didn’t want to look back at 70 and wonder why I didn’t do it,” Lippincott said. “The goal was to coach again and it happens to be Moeller. John deserves the credit for getting this done.”

Lippincott will serve in a dual role for the first four months of 2012, returning to Moeller but also continuing to work with the Bengals in their preparations for the draft.

When asked what memories he would take away from his time with the Bengals, Lippincott said: “It would be the education I got being with Mike (Brown) every day. To me Mike is what a man ought to be – sincere, loyal, intelligent and disciplined. I will leave remembering not just the results of the games, but for the priceless professional associations and friendships I’ve been blessed to make.”

(Click the link for the entire article)

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20111227/SPT02/312270080/Lippincott-going-back-school?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1325032423' post='1080452']
I wonder how much St X paid him to take that job?
[/quote]

Moeller probably paid him in coneys and Buskin cookies.

Maybe they will hire a GM with the money they save on Lippencott. If they would take the money MB is paying himself to be the GM and combine that wil the money they were paying Lippencott they could get a capable GM to come into Cincy and turn the Bengals into a legitamite franchise.

Ok this quote made me throw up in my mouth...

[quote]
When asked what memories he would take away from his time with the Bengals, Lippincott said: “[b]It would be the education I got being with Mike (Brown) every day[/b]. [b]To me Mike is what a man ought to be[/b] – sincere, loyal, intelligent and disciplined. I will leave remembering not just the results of the games, but for the priceless professional associations and friendships I’ve been blessed to make."
[/quote]

Seriously Jim...no wonder he worked for MB for twenty years, he's in love with the man. He's the only guy in the world who worked with MB who would say something like this.

Good riddance, imo.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1325006520' post='1080287']

[/quote]

Odd conspiracy theory thought...

Lippy was a Friend of the Family and one of the Inner Circle.

Retiring to return to high school football? And not even as a head coach?
Hmmm...

Retiring like Bill "Tiger" Johnson who was called into Paul Brown's office and "retired" so fast
he left his brown bag lunch in the refrigerator at Spinney Field? It was left there for... a very long
time as a symbol and message to everyone else.

Retired/resigned like our two Super Bowl coaches, Sam Wyche and Forrest Gregg?
We know there is still controversy with Wyche over resigned (MB) vs fired (SW).

So Lippy is leaving.
Which leaves a hole in the organization...

What a perfect place for ... Marvin.
Not getting into the blahblahblah pissing contest about
his on field coaching abilities or lack thereof but what a nice place
to stash him.

Zimmer up to Head Coach as well as DC (Mike Brown goes Krogering with Cost Cutter Savings on
that double dip) and something is done to hold on to Gruden.

Ain't gonna happen but something is up in Bengal administrative hierarchy.
Friends of the Family simply do not "retire" to return to high school assistant coaching.
I even wonder what's up with Moeller for taking him.

[quote name='High School Harry' timestamp='1325084019' post='1080548']

Hmmm...

Retiring like Bill "Tiger" Johnson who was called into Paul Brown's office and "retired" so fast
he left his brown bag lunch in the refrigerator at Spinney Field? It was left there for... a very long

So Lippy is leaving.

to stash him.

Zimmer up to Head Coach as well as DC (Mike Brown goes Krogering with Cost Cutter Savings on

Friends of the Family simply do not "retire" to return to high school assistant coaching.
[/quote]

Maybe there is a younger Brown needing a job?

[quote name='High School Harry' timestamp='1325084019' post='1080548']

Hmmm...

So Lippy is leaving.

to stash him.

[/quote]

Only you conspriacy theorists would link Bill fucking Walsh in with Jim Lippicott.

Seek professional help.

[quote name='Oldcat' timestamp='1325105381' post='1080696']

misread wyche for walsh, since he was going on about Tiger Johnson.
[/quote]

Oh. I see. But I do think he makes an interesting thought, because my first thought regarding the change was looking at it as a positive. I think it is natural that we all look at someone as tenured as Lippincott and wonder if it was a true resignation or a sign from the organization it is time for him to move on. Either or I'm sure all of us will be watching to see how this plays out. Tons of positives this year and this could be another positive step. Or just status quo in the personnel and scouting dept.

[quote name='Bunghole' timestamp='1325012916' post='1080330']
Why am I picturing a pay per view event featuring Lippincott jello wrestling in a thong with Rex Ryan?
[/quote]

Because you're a chubby-loving gay boy? :P (Not that there's anything wrong with that.) :lmao:

Just a guess. :25:

[quote name='snarkster' timestamp='1325106663' post='1080700']

Because you're a chubby-loving gay boy? :P (Not that there's anything wrong with that.) :lmao:

Just a guess. :25:
[/quote]
Well...I was thinking about the money angle. I'm imagining a scenario similar in scope to the scene in [i]Stripes[/i] where John Candy wrestles the ladies in the mud...except this will gain national attention on PPV...Lippincott, in a orange and black striped thong, will be screaming at Ryan that he needs to turn in his playbook while Rex, in a similar but green thong (with his lion-haired brother as manager) yells back that he thinks Mark Sanchez is the best quarterback in the NFL because he's led the team to two AFC championship games. Its going to be epic.

[quote name='Bunghole' timestamp='1325118453' post='1080748']
Well...I was thinking about the money angle. I'm imagining a scenario similar in scope to the scene in [i]Stripes[/i] where John Candy wrestles the ladies in the mud...except this will gain national attention on PPV...Lippincott, in a orange and black striped thong, will be screaming at Ryan that he needs to turn in his playbook while Rex, in a similar but green thong (with his lion-haired brother as manager) yells back that he thinks Mark Sanchez is the best quarterback in the NFL because he's led the team to two AFC championship games. Its going to be epic.
[/quote]

How about puting reins on them and llittle spider monkies on their backs to ride them into battle? No? not feeling it? Oh well. :D

Archived