The Official 2012 Reds Season Discussion Thread! CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!!!!!!!!

Jason

[quote name='schotzee' timestamp='1336655308' post='1129889']
Dumb question? What happened to Volquez? Is he hurt,out of baseball or on another team??
[/quote]

like jamie said, traded to the padres as part of the Latos deal. If I'm not mistaken, he's pitching pretty well out there, but that's a VERY pitcher friendly park.

[quote name='schotzee' timestamp='1336655308' post='1129889']
Dumb question? What happened to Volquez? Is he hurt,out of baseball or on another team??
[/quote]

Not dumb, I couldn't remember what we had done with him either...

[quote name='Go Skins' timestamp='1336750066' post='1130184']
And now starts the rematch with Washington. Hopefully, we will actually pitch to Votto this time and the games won't go a million innings.
[/quote]

You guys got a good one in Harper (Dammit :glare:).

Saw him play when he was in High School here (we were hosting an exchange student who's school was playing against Harper's). Dude hit a ball out of the playing field, across 7 lanes of traffic, over a house and into the development. Had to have been well over 400 feet. Found out later who he was...

[quote name='Elflocko' timestamp='1336758495' post='1130209']
You guys got a good one in Harper (Dammit :glare:).

Saw him play when he was in High School here (we were hosting an exchange student who's school was playing against Harper's). Dude hit a ball out of the playing field, across 7 lanes of traffic, over a house and into the development. Had to have been well over 400 feet. Found out later who he was...
[/quote]

I went to one of the Nats games against Arizona recently that Harper played in (he batted 7th). 2 of the 3 hits would have been in a HR in most ballparks (wall is too high in parts of Nationals Park). I thought he was called up way too early (too many injuries is why he was called up). Well, it appears as of right now, this kid is the real deal.

[quote name='Go Skins' timestamp='1336766834' post='1130248']
I went to one of the Nats games against Arizona recently that Harper played in (he batted 7th). 2 of the 3 hits would have been in a HR in most ballparks (wall is too high in parts of Nationals Park). I thought he was called up way too early (too many injuries is why he was called up). [b]Well, it appears as of right now, this kid is the real deal.[/b]
[/quote]

Pretty sure the only thing that can stop him is a freak injury or his ego...

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1336837966' post='1130367']
That was nearly prophetic.
[/quote]

Only in DC can someone in sports find a way to injure themselves without much effort.

Anyone remember this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdWK-aam0Jo

[quote name='T-Dub' timestamp='1336947018' post='1130485']
Votto's keepin us in this one
[/quote]
lol. You could say that again. Walk-off grandslam. 3 homeruns. Unreal.

In hindsight, should they have walked votto to tie the game and take their chances with phillips and extra innings?

I know no team would EVER, EVER walk in the tying run with two outs in the bottom of the ninth, but against an MVP player who hit 2 homers already, 1 double, and one fly out to the wall, it might not have been the worst idea.

Archived