Just saw Dark Knight Rises! What did you think?

kdubdub

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1343160191' post='1140478']
Honestly I wasn't thrilled. I liked the ending and to me the ending redeemed the movie. But [spoiler]there wasn't nearly enough batman in the movie.[/spoiler]
[/quote]

there wasnt supposed to be a lot of batman, that was a key part to the story. in the comics when bane breaks his back he is gone and has his own personal battle like Bruce did in this film. it held true to the comics.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1343160649' post='1140482']
[spoiler]as I mentioned above, IMO I think they flubbed part of the ending. You can't have Alfred give that speech at the grave that emotionally and then have him not even be surprised when he sees Bruce in Paris. IMO you either dial back the grave scene on Alfred so its possible he's faking it or you let him be dead (which I think would have been more fitting for how the movie went)[/spoiler]
[/quote]

wait for the directors cut. WB started editing shit to keep it under 3 hours.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' timestamp='1343458826' post='1141300']

um considering he wrote Memento and Inception...i'd say he is allowed to write anything he wants as he is one of the best alive right now. it was a great movie, [color=#ff0000]better than the dark knight.[/color]
[/quote]

I dont know about that. I thought it was as good if not better than begins, but dark night was pretty hard to beat.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' timestamp='1343458963' post='1141301']

there wasnt supposed to be a lot of batman, that was a key part to the story. in the comics when bane breaks his back he is gone and has his own personal battle like Bruce did in this film. it held true to the comics.

wait for the directors cut. WB started editing shit to keep it under 3 hours.
[/quote]

Yea, but there wasn't a lot of Bruce either. There was a 15 minute stretch where neither was even on the screen.

My nephews, niece, sister saw the movie. They say it was good. As they have seen all two Batmans with Christian Bale and have both at home. Christopher Nolan is very creative. Bale is a great actor. Fans will be sad when both depart the roles of director and actor respectfully.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' timestamp='1343458826' post='1141300']

um considering he wrote Memento and Inception...i'd say he is allowed to write anything he wants as he is one of the best alive right now. it was a great movie, better than the dark knight.
[/quote]
Memento was great, inception was an overproduced piece of crap

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1343479398' post='1141310']
Yea, but there wasn't a lot of Bruce either. There was a 15 minute stretch where neither was even on the screen.
[/quote]

15 minutes in a near 3 hour movie isnt that big of a deal in the scheme of things

[quote name='eva4ben-gal' timestamp='1343532180' post='1141437']
[/quote]

inception was amazing. agree to disagree as the opinions on that movie go from greatest movie of all time to worst movie of all time. there really is no consensus with the average movie goer.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' timestamp='1343551442' post='1141469']

15 minutes in a near 3 hour movie isnt that big of a deal in the scheme of things

inception was amazing. agree to disagree as the opinions on that movie go from greatest movie of all time to worst movie of all time. there really is no consensus with the average movie goer.
[/quote]

Yes, it was the only 15 minutes of the movie he wasn't on screen. :lol:

Just got back, SPOILERS COMING

Thought it was great. Really tied into the other movies and had me on the edge of my seat at times. I like movies that make me feel anxious and this one did.

A few things happen too easily, like Oh I want this to happen....ok it worked out dont worry too much about the detes.
I would love for them to make new movies and love the tie in at the end.
They explain the Bain illness part.

[quote name='Montana Bengal' timestamp='1343608430' post='1141568']
I like it as well, but I kept thinking "where is the Joker?" Obviously this is a tough dance with Ledger being gone, but it created a kind of disconnect for me with the second film. I really want to watch Begins again.
[/quote]

I thought Bane was pretty badass. The voice was interesting for sure.

[quote name='Montana Bengal' timestamp='1343608430' post='1141568']
I like it as well, but I kept thinking "where is the Joker?" Obviously this is a tough dance with Ledger being gone, but it created a kind of disconnect for me with the second film. I really want to watch Begins again.
[/quote]

They said from the get gothey weren't going to mention him out of respect. Besides it's eight years later. Any number of things could have happened to him in Arkham.

In the book adaptation of the movie they hint hint at what has happened to him.

[quote name='MichaelWeston' timestamp='1343653239' post='1141619']
I forgot to mention that Anne Hathaway was great. I thought she would ruin it.
[/quote]

naw after seeing her in Alice In Wonderland I knew she would be fine. Shes a good actress

The Dark Knight is overrated as fuck based purely off of Heath Ledger's performance. Overall writing and story wise, it was average. Especially compared to Batman Begins, which is easily the best of these movies.

Batman Begins > The Dark Knight Rises > The Dark Knight

[quote name='eva4ben-gal' timestamp='1343532180' post='1141437']
[/quote]

Memento gets a lot of praise, but I am proud to say that I absolutely hate that movie. Nolan is probably my 2nd or 3rd favorite director out, and that is his only movie that I genuinely dislike. I'm happy that all of my friends that I know all hate that movie too. I understand why people would like it, but..I just absolutely can't stand it.

To me, Nolan's movies go in order of:

The Prestige > Batman Begins > everything else > Memento

[quote name='B.A.B.' timestamp='1343775086' post='1142064']
The Dark Knight is overrated as fuck based purely off of Heath Ledger's performance. Overall writing and story wise, it was average. Especially compared to Batman Begins, which is easily the best of these movies.

Batman Begins > The Dark Knight Rises > The Dark Knight
[/quote]

batman begins gets no credit. it was a damn good movie, but it didnt have a major following and it has some lulls in action for a while cuz it gives so much info. all 3 are great though and its probably my favorite trilogy by far. i dont see drop off from movie to movie like most series do.

Archived