Just saw Dark Knight Rises! What did you think?

kdubdub

I posted this in another thread, but I agree with who started this thread. The story is very disjointed and apparently, Christopher Nolan was co-writer. Stick with directing, you are much better at it. The ending I saw coming a mile away. I will say that casting Tom Hardy to play Bane was a good choice, I couldn't think of anyone else off hand that could have worked in that role. Hathaway wasn't bad but nothing memorable (other than eye candy of course).

[quote name='kdubdub' timestamp='1342772199' post='1139784']
Actually...it is a good movie but bar is set to high with last one. The ending was really good an brought it home.
[/quote]

IMO they flubbed part of the ending.

Overall I thought it was very good, but not as good as the first two and I'm surprised how many problems it had for a Nolan film.

[quote name='Go Skins' timestamp='1342803434' post='1139881']
I posted this in another thread, but I agree with who started this thread. The story is very disjointed and apparently, Christopher Nolan was co-writer. Stick with directing, you are much better at it. The ending I saw coming a mile away. I will say that casting Tom Hardy to play Bane was a good choice, I couldn't think of anyone else off hand that could have worked in that role. Hathaway wasn't bad but nothing memorable (other than eye candy of course).
[/quote]

He co-wrote the first two as well, its not like he's not a good screenplay writer.

I agree though, this story was disjointed in a few places. They just tried to cram too much in.

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1343160191' post='1140478']
Honestly I wasn't thrilled. I liked the ending and to me the ending redeemed the movie. But [spoiler]there wasn't nearly enough batman in the movie.[/spoiler]
[/quote]

[spoiler]as I mentioned above, IMO I think they flubbed part of the ending. You can't have Alfred give that speech at the grave that emotionally and then have him not even be surprised when he sees Bruce in Paris. IMO you either dial back the grave scene on Alfred so its possible he's faking it or you let him be dead (which I think would have been more fitting for how the movie went)[/spoiler]

I don't know how to put the show box on but if you are reading in the thread and you haven't seen the movie you must be a masochist...

Actually, I didnt really think about the Alfred part but the nuclear bomb over The ocean was cheesy too. Also, it was somethin about the whole keeping the cops looked in the sewer for 3 months that just seemed to far out there too.

did anyone notice that after getting his ass-whooped the first time, Batman so easily beat Bane down the 2nd time around? Now certainly, part of that has to do with him busting up his mask/medicine, but IMO they kind of glossed over the reason for the mask (they partially explain it in the trailer, not sure why they cut it).

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1343219194' post='1140600']
did anyone notice that after getting his ass-whooped the first time, Batman so easily beat Bane down the 2nd time around? Now certainly, part of that has to do with him busting up his mask/medicine, but IMO they kind of glossed over the reason for the mask (they partially explain it in the trailer, not sure why they cut it).
[/quote]

It was an homage to Rocky. LOL

Kidding, kind of.

I just took it as he was so bad out of shape at the beginning of the movie to the point he was walking with a cane that when he was in the prison and working out to get back in shape he got in enough shape to "even things out"

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1343219745' post='1140605']
It was an homage to Rocky. LOL

Kidding, kind of.

I just took it as he was so bad out of shape at the beginning of the movie to the point he was walking with a cane that when he was in the prison and working out to get back in shape he got in enough shape to "even things out"
[/quote]

that too.

Wish they would have gone in more depth about his poor physical health. He had 8 years to heal, why is he so messed up?

Also, why did he make a new batman cave after he was already retired? It wasn't done at the end of the 2nd movie, and why would he finish it after he had already retired. I guess it feeds in to his inability to move on.

Little quabbles, but when you add them all up there's a lot of loose ends I wouldn't have expected from this trilogy.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1343220158' post='1140608']
that too.

Wish they would have gone in more depth about his poor physical health. He had 8 years to heal, why is he so messed up?

Also, why did he make a new batman cave after he was already retired? It wasn't done at the end of the 2nd movie, and why would he finish it after he had already retired. I guess it feeds in to his inability to move on.

Little quabbles, but when you add them all up there's a lot of loose ends I wouldn't have expected from this trilogy.
[/quote]

Well you saw at the Dr's office some of his injuries were not things that heal, like he had no cartilage in his knees, so he had to use one of his "toys" to just be able to function normally.

[quote name='mongo' timestamp='1343231724' post='1140641']
Might be an odd question, but how dark is the movie? Thinking of seeing at the Starlite, but dark (visually) movies can be a little tough at drive-ins.
[/quote]

I wouldn't worry much about that. However, I did find that it was tough to hear the dialogue in a scene or two.

If I may add my admitted comic geek cred to this mix, you really cannot say this was a bad or lackluster movie, because you really need to think of it as a full story arc contained in the three movies, much like a comic with a limited run by a named writer. And, it should also be noted, I believe this is the only instance of various Batman story continuities, for decades upon decades, where Bruce Wayne is EVER able to set aside being Batman and allow himself the joys of a life that represents the release of a life-altering anger. And that, in of itself, is an interesting take on the theme.

[quote name='Go Skins' timestamp='1342803434' post='1139881']
[/quote]

um considering he wrote Memento and Inception...i'd say he is allowed to write anything he wants as he is one of the best alive right now. it was a great movie, better than the dark knight.

Archived