Just saw Dark Knight Rises! What did you think?

kdubdub

[quote name='B.A.B.' timestamp='1343775233' post='1142065']
Memento gets a lot of praise, but I am proud to say that I absolutely hate that movie. Nolan is probably my 2nd or 3rd favorite director out, and that is his only movie that I genuinely dislike. I'm happy that all of my friends that I know all hate that movie too. I understand why people would like it, but..I just absolutely can't stand it.

To me, Nolan's movies go in order of:

The Prestige > Batman Begins > everything else > Memento
[/quote]

Anyone who disagrees you is not as sophisticated when it comes to movies and therefore their opinion doesn't matter.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' timestamp='1343792963' post='1142165']

[b]batman begins gets no credit. it was a damn good movie,[/b] but it didnt have a major following and it has some lulls in action for a while cuz it gives so much info. all 3 are great though and its probably my favorite trilogy by far. i dont see drop off from movie to movie like most series do.
[/quote]

possibly the best "origins story" movie ever made.

[quote name='B.A.B.' timestamp='1343775086' post='1142064']
[b]The Dark Knight is overrated as fuck based purely off of Heath Ledger's performance.[/b] Overall writing and story wise, it was average. Especially compared to Batman Begins, which is easily the best of these movies.

Batman Begins > The Dark Knight Rises > The Dark Knight
[/quote]

I agree with this. But I would also add due to his untimely death, his performance, which was good, is given extravagant praise

[quote name='Actium' timestamp='1343849400' post='1142268']
I agree with this. But I would also add due to his untimely death, his performance, which was good, is given extravagant praise
[/quote]

I dont know, I think it may make it a bit more of forklore but people were raving about his performance before he died.

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1343851290' post='1142279']
I dont know, I think it may make it a bit more of forklore but people were raving about his performance before he died.
[/quote]

It was brilliant. Maybe I'm just projecting too much. But it seems to me to be taboo to to use anything other than superlatives when describing it.

Shifting gears, was the actor who played Bane the same one who did Voldemort?

edit: apparently not. I have no idea what made me think that

[quote name='B.A.B.' timestamp='1343775233' post='1142065']
Memento gets a lot of praise, but I am proud to say that I absolutely hate that movie. Nolan is probably my 2nd or 3rd favorite director out, and that is his only movie that I genuinely dislike. I'm happy that all of my friends that I know all hate that movie too. I understand why people would like it, but..I just absolutely can't stand it.

To me, Nolan's movies go in order of:

[b]The Prestige[/b] > Batman Begins > everything else > Memento
[/quote]

That was a kick-ass flick. One of my all-time favorites...

[quote name='Elflocko' timestamp='1343966259' post='1142691']
[/quote]

haven't seen it yet, but added it to my blockbuster dvd account after people elsewhere continually talked it up as Nolan's best film.

And Memento was great.

[quote name='Elflocko' timestamp='1343966259' post='1142691']
[/quote]

There was another very similar movie that came out a the same time that was also good, also about magic/illisuions....both good. Cant remember which one I liked more.

[quote name='MichaelWeston' timestamp='1343665025' post='1141657']

princess Diaries...horrible acting
[/quote]

Watched a little of princess diaries 2 with my kids before the reds game started. Mattress surfing looks quite fun. Also very impressed that Abigail Breslin could pull off a convincing British accent at 11/12 years old.

Just got back from seeing it, and I really enjoyed it. My beefs:

[spoiler]* If they bombed the hell out of the city, including the underlying structure of the stadium and city, how did they have power to run the mics and jumbo-tron?

*Whines Hard lived

*I thought the manner of Bane's death was opaque and a bit of a let-down. Just thought he went down like a bitch and his character deserved better.

*Even flown a couple of miles out to sea a 6 megaton nuclear detonation is going to irradiate most of the city and you would see a huge chunk of the population suffering from radiation poison.[/spoiler]

Overall, the fact that it was 3 hours long and didn't *feel* like 3 hours is testament enough that it was a very good film and anything but mediocre. I still like "Begins" better...

Loved Hathaway, too...

• 2 weeks later...
Finally got around to seeing it.

Bane was awesome. Easily one of my favorite villains. The voice had a little to do with that.

The time flew. For a movie that is double the time as most other movies, it felt faster. Enjoyed it very much.

From the comments in here, I'm assuming another one isn't coming out because it is a triology? I was under the impression that since they brought the Robin storyline and it seemed like it was destined for another movie?

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1345270076' post='1148213']
Finally got around to seeing it.

Bane was awesome. Easily one of my favorite villains. The voice had a little to do with that.

The time flew. For a movie that is double the time as most other movies, it felt faster. Enjoyed it very much.

[b]From the comments in here, I'm assuming another one isn't coming out because it is a triology? I was under the impression that since they brought the Robin storyline and it seemed like it was destined for another movie?[/b]
[/quote]

While another may happen, Christopher Nolan has said he's not making another one and Christian Bale and Michael Caine have stated they aren't coming back unless Nolan is directing it. I think Gary Oldman might have said the same.

Nolan has said that he thinks a Catwoman spinoff for Anne Hathaway would be great with her, but didn't display any interest in directing that either. He was more just answering a question about her character.

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1345298397' post='1148253']
I believe that Bale also said that he had no interest in doing one with a robin character.
[/quote]

Wouldn't worry much about that. He said it 8 years ago. If Nolan's involved and the script is good, I don't think it would be an issue. Nolan also said he'd never introduce the Robin character. Things change.

Besides, technically he just DID a movie with the Robin character in it, lol.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1345302577' post='1148265']
Wouldn't worry much about that. He said it 8 years ago. If Nolan's involved and the script is good, I don't think it would be an issue. Nolan also said he'd never introduce the Robin character. Things change.

Besides, technically he just DID a movie with the Robin character in it, lol.
[/quote]

Ah you see I was very deliberate in what I said because I knew someone would do this, they did a movie with a guy that was a cop that was for the most part going to become robin at the end, but was never robin, so ...

That's too bad. These movies are fantastic. I'm no movie buff, but I think every single one has been terrific. I think there is a lot they could do with Batman, Robin, and Catwoman. I suspect once the DVD comes out there will be some pressure to do another one. Hope he caves..

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1345308653' post='1148277']
Ah you see I was very deliberate in what I said because I knew someone would do this, they did a movie with a guy that was a cop that was for the most part going to become robin at the end, but was never robin, so ...
[/quote]

Slice it any way you want, it was an introduction to the Robin character.

Archived