Just saw Dark Knight Rises! What did you think?

kdubdub

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1345312158' post='1148288']

Slice it any way you want, it was anintroduction to the Robin character.
[/quote]

Certainly fucking hope not. Robin is barely one step above Aquaman in the pantheon of worthless super heroes. That and they'd be shitting all over the origin story...

More accurately, I know they introduced the character but hope to Vishnu he never makes it into a movie.

[quote name='Elflocko' timestamp='1345312408' post='1148289']

Certainly fucking hope not. Robin is barely one step above Aquaman in the pantheon of worthless super heroes. That and they'd be shitting all over the origin story...

More accurately, I know they introduced the character but hope to Vishnu he never makes it into a movie.
[/quote]

Oh I don't see it happening either. I really like JGL but he's not big enough to carry a franchise this big yet.

IMO they'll wait a few years and reboot the franchise. I'd say they wait longer but they want to do a Justice League movie in the next five years and you can't do one without Batman.

One of the final scenes is of a character named Robin standing in the Batcave, no matter how you spin it. We can all speculate what happens next after that. Maybe he ends up calling himself Robin, or NightWing, or sticking with the Batman name it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme (especially since it will probably never end up being on film). The fact that Nolan made a point to use the name "Robin" when the ending would have worked fine without using it, gives some kind of hint to what he was thinking. The "passing of the torch" scenes would have worked just fine without Blake ever saying "oh yea my real name is Robin." But it was added anyway, and Nolan rarely does anything in his films that mean nothing. Nolan goes out of his way to call him Robin.

Nolan also made a point to put the Robin symbol in the film earlier as an easter egg.

[img]http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/batman-darkknightrises-119-robin.jpg[/img]

In the end, it doesn't matter much who he becomes and whether they used the traditional Robin origin story. As one of the themes of the movie goes "a hero can be anyone".

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1345315636' post='1148313']

notice how this was a nice civil conversation until your "aha! I tricked ya! (but not really)?"
[/quote]

I wasn't trying to trick anybody I was being specific about what I said because I knew you would be pretty and try to argue semantics it's what you do

As much as I love these movies, I was late to the party. I hate packed theaters...but I just went and watched the other night. Damn what a sweet movie...
not as good as TDK, but still great... can't say anything bad about any of the three.....

• 3 months later...

Archived