Obama's Fault?

Lewdog

[quote name='Lewdog' timestamp='1351736108' post='1176084']
Some articles have also criticized Obama that the reactions to help the states that were hurt by this storm was too fast.
[/quote]

:35:

It was a Hurricane that was tracked for days. Seriously. It was like a tornado moving in super-slow motion.
Too fast? GTFOOH

Lew, I'm going to say this with as much compassion as I can muster. Seek some help. If you do truly have suicidal thoughts on occasion, then there are a number of people and places you can turn to to assist you in working your way through that which bothers you.

We all have crosses to bear and as I am sure you know, life is unfair and sometimes place extraordinary burdens on some individuals.

No one here wishes you harm.

That said, this part of the forum is known for it's knuckle-busting, merciless exchanges. That's because ideas are important and bad ideas tend to get torn to pieces. Lots of [i]ad hominem[/i] stuff going on, too, because the passions run high. It is true that many posters have come and gone from this section of the forum. Some don't care for the aggravation. Some others are delicate flowers who are surprised and fade away when they get flack about crackpot ideas related to sharia law taking over the US, or advocacy regarding torture and murder and endless war.

Gotta have a thick skin around here. And again, no one here truly wishes you any harm.

[quote name='Homer_Rice' timestamp='1351947964' post='1176708']
Lew, I'm going to say this with as much compassion as I can muster. Seek some help. If you do truly have suicidal thoughts on occasion, then there are a number of people and places you can turn to to assist you in working your way through that which bothers you.

We all have crosses to bear and as I am sure you know, life is unfair and sometimes place extraordinary burdens on some individuals.

That said, this part of the forum is known for it's knuckle-busting, merciless exchanges. That's because ideas are important and bad ideas tend to get torn to pieces. Lots of [i]ad hominem[/i] stuff going on, too, because the passions run high. It is true that many posters have come and gone from this section of the forum. Some don't care for the aggravation. Some others are delicate flowers who are surprised and fade away when they get flack about crackpot ideas related to sharia law taking over the US, or advocacy regarding torture and murder and endless war.

Gotta have a thick skin around here. And again, no one here truly wishes you any harm.
[/quote]

x2

Very well said Homer..

Like Jaimie said earlier. This part of the forum isn't about "having fun". This is serious business. The ideas championed or repeated by those on here potentially have real impact on real people.. And those who come here and read these arguments have a vote. This isn't talking about who the best option at MLB is, or whether you prefer the 4-3 or 3-4 defensive alignment. This is reality, and there are right and wrong answers here.

If you come here to make an argument you best be prepared for what gets fired back at you, especially right before an election.

I think an important thing to learn is when to walk away. I generally try to say my piece and leave it at that for others to decipher. If I find that I am repeating myself I try to stop talking.. Sometimes I fail at that and find myself bickering, but it is something I make a conscious effort at regardless.

[quote name='Lucid' timestamp='1351961825' post='1176738']
Very well said Homer..

Like Jaimie said earlier. This part of the forum isn't about "having fun". This is serious business. The ideas championed or repeated by those on here potentially have real impact on real people.. And those who come here and read these arguments have a vote. This isn't talking about who the best option at MLB is, or whether you prefer the 4-3 or 3-4 defensive alignment. This is reality, and there are right and wrong answers here.

If you come here to make an argument you best be prepared for what gets fired back at you, especially right before an election.

I think an important thing to learn is when to walk away. I generally try to say my piece and leave it at that for others to decipher. If I find that I am repeating myself I try to stop talking.. Sometimes I fail at that and find myself bickering, but it is something I make a conscious effort at regardless.
[/quote]

Oh, if this is truly how you feel, then why are you not busting Homer's balls for the absurdly horrible joke he made about the men who died in Libya. Get real, if anyone on this board is fake, its you. Don't tell me this isn't a part of the board that is realistic and serious business, and then not play both sides of the field.

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1351947469' post='1176706']
:35:

It was a Hurricane that was tracked for days. Seriously. It was like a tornado moving in super-slow motion.
Too fast? GTFOOH
[/quote]

I read the article, and forwarded it to the board because it is pertinent to the subject at hand. Find it ridiculous all you want, I didn't write it.

[quote name='Lewdog' timestamp='1351978959' post='1176760']
I read the article, and forwarded it to the board because it is pertinent to the subject at hand. Find it ridiculous all you want, I didn't write it.
[/quote]

You posted that stupid shit on here, you are responsible for the content. There is a lot of crap on the internet, you don't see anyone else bringing JV stories to the conversation.

[quote name='Lewdog' timestamp='1351978896' post='1176759']
Oh, if this is truly how you feel, then why are you not busting Homer's balls for the absurdly horrible joke he made about the men who died in Libya. Get real, if anyone on this board is fake, its you. Don't tell me this isn't a part of the board that is realistic and serious business, and then not play both sides of the field.
[/quote]

Oh get over yourself you drama queen..

[quote name='Homer_Rice' timestamp='1351947964' post='1176708']

[/quote]

Sorry but never in a million years will I find it one single bit related to having thick skin in this forum, and putting up with people like you and Jamie who think it is ok to make incredibly disgusting joke about someone that died doing something for their country. I don't care what you and Jamie say from now until the last post youo ever make on this board, you two are very terrible representations of what this country is about. Don't try to place blame on me for something YOU said. I didn't take it there, YOU did. I simply asked if you would find the situation more important if it was your son that dies there. YOU were the one that made the joke out of it in incredibly horrible taste. One again, I didn't write the original article. I simply posted it because it involved Obama and current events. It wasn't a blog of someone's opinions, it was an article. I even said I didn't believe the place the article was pointing towards. So how was I being ridiculous? Lucid says this is a serious part of the board yet I see people posting all kinds of political cartoons and stuff. Some of the individuals on this board are ridiculous one minute and absolutely insane the next. Jamie, when someone makes a post that you can't out argue, you just say the other person isn't reading into what you are saying. I could care less how THIS board was during the Bush years. It has absolutely nothing to what is being discussed TODAY. With my history of training, what makes me unable to understand incidents like this one? What makes YOU more qualified to talk about it than me? I've read what you have said in here, and I already know you aren't.

So let's recap. Homer made a joke that in summation equated the death of the men in Libya, to him jacking off and watching his sperm die. Jamie, said Homer gets a pass on his joke because of his past posts. Jamie then goes on to say I am being fake about things and shedding crocodile tears. Lucid now steps in and says this is a very serious board and not to post anything in it unless you are ready to be very serious and be attacked for what you say. Homer then places blame on me being so upset, and it must be my problem. Jaime seconds it.

I'll let others judge better for themselves what went on here. The fact these three individuals can be so blind to what they do and what others in their group do, is unreal. Anyone who would want to associate with people who make jokes about the deaths of fellow Americans, call people who do feel empathy for the families of the fallen fake, and the tag along people who try to defend these people as saying it's a serious board while watching the people they follow make jokes a minute earlier, are not people I can respect either. So what's Homer's joke going to be about the next American that dies? Seriously, I wish there were ways to take people like Homer and others and kick them out of the country.

I'm not joking.

[quote name='Lucid' timestamp='1351979665' post='1176763']
Oh get over yourself you drama queen..
[/quote]

Get over yourself, well yourself. A third grader could see how fake you are. You post that this is a serious board and not meant for jokes, when this entire argument is about a disgusting joke, the person you are trying to defend said. Are you really that dense?

[quote name='sois' timestamp='1351979584' post='1176762']
You posted that stupid shit on here, you are responsible for the content. There is a lot of crap on the internet, you don't see anyone else bringing JV stories to the conversation.
[/quote]

Yes I posted it, it involved two current subjects. Like I said, in the first post I said I didn't think it was true. Do I really have to go find all the threads in this forum that had cartoons in them, and how many were based on articles like this? It's pretty sick to see how many individuals that think it is serious business when an American dies. Have you people become so desensitized that you can now make jokes about it and not think twice?

Let me take this time to change something I said earlier. The Embassy bombings in Africa were under Clinton, not Bush.

[quote name='Lewdog' timestamp='1351980365' post='1176768']
[b]Yes I posted it, it involved two current subjects. Like I said, in the first post I said I didn't think it was true. [/b] Do I really have to go find all the threads in this forum that had cartoons in them, and how many were based on articles like this? It's pretty sick to see how many individuals that think it is serious business when an American dies. Have you people become so desensitized that you can now make jokes about it and not think twice?

Let me take this time to change something I said earlier. The Embassy bombings in Africa were under Clinton, not Bush.
[/quote]

What is the point of posting shit you know is not true? If you don't believe it's true, why are you getting all butthurt when people call it stupid?

[quote name='sois' timestamp='1351980833' post='1176769']
What is the point of posting shit you know is not true? If you don't believe it's true, why are you getting all butthurt when people call it stupid?
[/quote]

Obviously you have been paying absolutely no attention. I took offense to two things in this thread. Jamie had an extremely hard job understanding that the topic in this article was first brought out by Hugo Chavez two years ago. Republicans didn't just make this shit up right before the election to make Obama look bad.

The second and most important point was a subject that Homer actually brought to this thread from another one. I'm not going to recap that situation because it has played out long enough that anybody even glances at this thread knows about it.

So, in no way am I butt hurt about the topic of this thread. I also didn't start the Thread called the Million Muppet March, the what your beer says about your political stance, or the huge cartoon in this thread.

Ok, but there's a difference. You didn't start a thread called "Stupid Shit Hugo Chavez Said", you called it "Obama's Fault?" implying that you think Obama has some magical weather machine. I just don't know what else you could have meant with the thread title.

[quote name='sois' timestamp='1351982380' post='1176775']
Ok, but there's a difference. You didn't start a thread called "Stupid Shit Hugo Chavez Said", you called it "Obama's Fault?" implying that you think Obama has some magical weather machine. I just don't know what else you could have meant with the thread title.
[/quote]

Wait, so this went from, serious business only in this forum to, well it's ok as long as you say in the title something silly like Is Obama the Man Behind The Curtain Creating Hurricanes and Earthquakes? This is getting to be pretty complicated. Maybe a list of rules should be posted that lists all this. There should also be a list of people that are on good standing with Jamie so I know who gets a free pass on saying horrible things, and who isn't. Also make a list of all the news outlets, agencies, and websites that are partial to one side or the other and can not be posted. Is there a casual Friday where we can wear whatever clothes we want to post in?

The fact that you have now moved on to blaming me because of the title of this thread is silly. Nothing made you or anyone else post in it, and all of a sudden blame Republicans for it. So what's next? Are you going to blame me for the type of font I used?

[quote name='Lewdog' timestamp='1351982925' post='1176777']
The fact that you have now moved on to blaming me because of the title of this thread is silly. Nothing made you or anyone else post in it, and all of a sudden blame Republicans for it. So what's next? Are you going to blame me for the type of font I used?
[/quote]

Who the hell said anything about republicans? You are the one who brought republicans up. Post 16 is the first mention of republicans, and it was you who brought them up.

Nobody else up to that point said anything about republicans.

[quote name='sois' timestamp='1351984594' post='1176789']
Who the hell said anything about republicans? You are the one who brought republicans up. Post 16 is the first mention of republicans, and it was you who brought them up.

Nobody else up to that point said anything about republicans.
[/quote]

Really? So you are able to try and assume certain things about what I say, but you can't clearly see the posts about mine by Jamie and Vol, that clearly make reference to Republicans? Who else could they be referring to that would try to be harming Obama and the election? Green Peace?

[quote name='sois' timestamp='1351985074' post='1176794']
Nothing is clear. Show me where someone tried to pin this bullshit story on republicans.
[/quote]

Whatever dude, if trying to piss me off is all you are set out to do, you can sit on your thumb and spin around a few times. Clearly in their post they make references to Republicans. If they aren't, then who are they making reference to then genius? Maybe it's the Bullmoose party or the Whigs. I hear old school politics is comeing back into fashion.

[quote name='Lewdog' timestamp='1351985937' post='1176798']

Whatever dude, if trying to piss me off is all you are set out to do, you can sit on your thumb and spin around a few times. [b] Clearly in their post they make references to Republicans. If they aren't, then who are they making reference to then genius?[/b] Maybe it's the Bullmoose party or the Whigs. I hear old school politics is comeing back into fashion.
[/quote]

Who is 'they'? What post?

Archived