DE Sam Montgomery
RB Giorvanni Bernard
LB Alec Ogletree
DE Ezekiel Ansah, BYU
FS Kenny Vaccaro, Texas
DE Alex Okafor, Texas
DE Barkevious Mingo, LSU
S Matt Elam, Florida

Some wont fall to us. Some I personally don't want but who else should I add to the list as options here.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1356962783' post='1201718']
still don't see dion jordan as a first rounder. Not convinced Ansah is either. Could see both sitting there at the oakland pick.
[/quote]
I think Jordan will for sure. Good size and a ridiculous athlete.

Ansah's stock is very dependent on workouts/drills at the combine and pro day. If he proves too much of a project he'll drop to the 2nd. His size and athleticism are Mario Williams-esque. His numbers aren't awesome but BYU didn't use him as an edge rusher very often.

Not a stretch to say either is a late first rounder at this point. A lot can change between now and the draft though.

[quote name='akiliMVP' timestamp='1356963101' post='1201725']
I think Jordan will for sure. Good size and a ridiculous athlete.

Ansah's stock is very dependent on workouts/drills at the combine and pro day. If he proves too much of a project he'll drop to the 2nd. His size and athleticism are Mario Williams-esque. His numbers aren't awesome but BYU didn't use him as an edge rusher very often.

Not a stretch to say either is a late first rounder at this point. A lot can change between now and the draft though.
[/quote]

definitely think Ansah has the better chance, just think his extreme rawness may hurt him. IMO the Bengals shouldn't go DE in the first round, or maybe even second unless guys walk.

I'd certainly re-sign MJ and Gillberry, and wouldn't mind geathers either.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1356963771' post='1201730']
definitely think Ansah has the better chance, just think his extreme rawness may hurt him. IMO the Bengals shouldn't go DE in the first round, or maybe even second unless guys walk.

I'd certainly re-sign MJ and Gillberry, and wouldn't mind geathers either.
[/quote]

I match your thinking. DE's in round 1 bust the most, this is a deep draft and we already have talent producing. Seems like an odd position to target. I wouldn't touch Ansah or anyone with the "Project" label until our 3rd pick. I personally would likely only take a LB or S or WR in round 1. Manti Teo is my number 1 option. Jarvis Jones number 2. I think they are both well gone....so now it's time to start looking into Ogletree for me.

[quote name='akiliMVP' timestamp='1356964861' post='1201743']
I'd much rather re-sign MJ and Gilberry too but if we don't DE is #1 need.
[/quote]

I can somewhat see that with MJ, but we don't have a #1 pick on that line and had the #1 sack team in the league this year. I don't think we suddenly go away from that. Gilberry was a scrap heap guy and produced. Rucker produced. Fanene produced. I think it's the rotation and DT play more than anything. Plus I simply would almost never take a DE in round 1.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1356967029' post='1201774']
Alex Okafor would be the one DE I'd take in the first. Can you imagine an Okafor/Dunlap tandem at LDE? Or a 3rd down line of Okafor-Dunlap-Atkins-MJ?
[/quote]
he was ridiculous the other night. 4.5 sacks

A lot depends on coaching changes and free agency but right now we have bigger needs on offense than defense. While we need better QB play, Dalton's not going anywhere. There aren't any RBs worth a first rounder this year so we should reserve a 2nd or 3rd rounder for RB. We might need a RT if Andre leaves. There are some tackles who merit the first round but we're better off keeping Andre and MJ if possible. I'd guess WR is the position we're most likely to use the first rounder on at this point. I like Sanu, Jones, and Hawkins but it's not as if they can't be upgraded from. I'd really love it if Teo or Jones was around when we picked but that's probably not realistic.

[quote name='akiliMVP' timestamp='1356967573' post='1201779']

he was ridiculous the other night. 4.5 sacks
[/quote]

Yes but the guy he was up against was just awful. Okafor picked a good time for his best game.

[quote name='akiliMVP' timestamp='1356966288' post='1201762']
Or Elam + Van Noy
[/quote]

Van Noy is staying in school. Helluva player though.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1357072497' post='1202234']
Continue to be unimpressed with ogletree. Speed and athleticism means nothing if you do nothing with it.
[/quote]

Honestly, no one on the Georgia defense is impressing me right now. They look a little flat. Nebraska is a couple of big plays by Georgia from dominating this game.

I wouldn't judge him on this game.

[quote name='akiliMVP' timestamp='1357077420' post='1202268']
Ogletree had 13 tackles, 3 tackles for loss and 1 sack
[/quote]

I watched him the entire game and he just looked a step slow reacting to everything. Those numbers are nice though for sure. I am sure he will be in the conversation. I was much more impressed by Milner yesterday.

[quote name='akiliMVP' timestamp='1357078150' post='1202276']

Clowney isn't draft eligible but holy shit
[/quote]

Clowney would almost be losing enough games to get the number one pick for. There's a good chance he comes into the league as the best defensive player in the game.

[quote name='MichaelWeston' timestamp='1356925563' post='1201570']
So far I have heard

WR Tavon Austin
DE Dion Jordan
FS Eric Reid
LB Manti Teo
LB Jarvis Jones
DE Sam Montgomery
RB Giorvanni Bernard
LB Alec Ogletree
DE Ezekiel Ansah, BYU
FS Kenny Vaccaro, Texas
DE Alex Okafor, Texas
DE Barkevious Mingo, LSU
S Matt Elam, Florida

Some wont fall to us. Some I personally don't want but who else should I add to the list as options here.
[/quote]

You don't see any possibility of an O lineman coming in round one ? Barrett Jones for instance... A truly versatile player who can play any spot on the line. I think it would be nice to have another solid player opposite Zeitler.

Archived