Chris Dorner (snapped former LAPD guy)

T-Dub

Here's his "final statement" in its entirety:

http://youranonnews.tumblr.com/post/42506354980/heres-an-uncensored-copy-of-the-rogue-lapd-officers

My 2 cents; I think it's clear dude has come unhinged, and I don't have much sympathy for him, but some of the things he talks about are legit problems and getting 0 coverage (surprise) in the rush to paint him as simply a disgruntled psychopath, with the LAPD as blameless victim. As usual, it's not quite that simple.

http://thisainthell.us/blog/?p=34056

[quote]
Home of Record: La Palma, CA
Date Commissioned: 3 July 2002
Loss Date: 1 Feb 2013
Rank/Date of Rank: Lieutenant / 1 August 2006
Service Dates/Assignments:
Various Reserve Units 1Dec2009 21Jan2010
Navy Reserve NAS Fallon, NV 7Mar2009 30Nov2009
Navy Mobilization Processing Site (NMPS)
San Diego, CA 23Apr2007 29May2007
Coastal Riverine Group Two Det Bahrain 3Nov2006 23Apr2007
Coastal Riverine Group One, San Diego, CA 10Jul2006 31Oct2006
NMPS San Diego, CA 6Jul2006 10Jul2006
Mobile Inshore Undersea Warfare Unit 23Jun2004 28Feb2006
Navy Personnel Command 16Jun2004 22Jun2004
Various Aviation Training Units 4Jul2002 15Jun2004
Awards and Decorations:
National Defense Service Medal
Iraq Campaign Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Sea Service Deployment Medal
Navy Marine Corps Overseas Service Ribbon
Armed Forces Reserve Medal w/ “M” Device
Rifle Marksman Ribbon
Pistol Expert Medal[/quote]

[url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Jordan_Dorner"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Jordan_Dorner[/url]

[quote]Christopher Jordan Dorner (born June 4, 1979) is a former LAPD police officer and ex-United States Navy reservist who is a named suspect in the 2013 Southern California shootings.

At the time of the shootings, Christopher Dorner lived in La Palma. Dorner has no children and court records show his wife filed for divorce in 2007.

Dorner is a former Naval Reserve lieutenant (O-3) who was honorably discharged.

Termination from Los Angeles Police Department

Dorner was terminated from the LAPD in 2008 for allegedly "lying" when reporting a fellow police officer, Teresa Evans (now a sergeant), for police brutality. After accusing Officer Evans of kicking a mentally-ill suspect named Christopher Gettler, who suffered from schizophrenia, in the face, while he was handcuffed and lying on the ground, an internal review board found that Dorner had lied, [b]even though the alleged victim and victim's father testified to police brutality on the part of Officer Evans.[/b] [5] Dorner cited this wrongful termination in his online manifesto in early February 2013 as his reason for committing the 2013 Southern California shootings. No action was taken against Officer Evans, whom Dorner had accused of police brutality.[/quote]

A few things struck me as odd. One, his wife divorced him after his deployment (2007) to a riverine group in Bahrain. Second, he may have lied but Officer Evans most likely did kick a mentally ill person in the face and no action taken against her by the police department. Lastly, he was discharged from the Navy Reserves on February 1, 2013. He was fired from the LAPD in 2008. Why did he take nearly 5 years to snap ?

Note: I am most certainly not condoning any action done by Dorner. However, it looks as if LAPD created a mess with which they will have to answer for.

This is a video interview of the person allegedly kicked in the face. Dorner only reported the incident AFTER a bad evaluation.

http://laist.com/2013/02/08/video_christopher_gettler.php

[quote]The Board of Review viewed it as a "he said, she said" case, and it was Dorner's word against his training officers. The board viewed his claims with suspicion since he waited months and reported it the day after he received a poor work evaluation. The report cost Dorner his job.[/quote]

http://www.public.navy.mil/BUPERS-NPC/CAREER/RESERVEPERSONNELMGMT/OFFICERS/Pages/Continuation.aspx

[quote]Lieutenants: in an active status (USNR-R or USNR-S1) who twice fail of selection to LCDR and have completed the eight-year Military Service Obligation (MSO) will be transferred to the Retired Reserve, if qualified, or be honorably discharged from the Navy Reserve not later than the first day of the seventh month in which the President approves the report which considered the officer for the second time. [/quote]

It is possible that not only was he fired from the LAPD, he might have been released by the NAVY for the officer equivalent of high year tenure or failing to be selected for Lieutenant Commander. In other words, his failure may be potential fuel for his current rage. IMHO

[quote name='Numbers' timestamp='1360451826' post='1213716']
Note: I am most certainly not condoning any action done by Dorner. However, it looks as if LAPD created a mess with which they will have to answer for.
[/quote]

Nor I, if that wasn't clear. Go to the media, write a book, become an advocate/activist for police accountability.. Maybe all of the above, even. As much verifiable information as he provided, it now amounts to nothing because he's discredited himself through his actions.

http://cameochemicals.noaa.gov/chemical/12729

tear gas grenades have a DOT Hazard Label that lists them as Poison, Flammable Solid

http://www.infowars.com/lapd-audio-from-dorner-siege-burn-this-motherfucker/

Includes video of LAPD conversations.

LAPD Audio From Dorner Siege: “Burn This Motherfucker”

Police audio from the Christopher Dorner siege reveals a deliberate plan to burn down the cabin in which Dorner was trapped, with one LAPD officer heard to say, “fucking burn this motherfucker,” before police discussed their intention to, “go ahead with the plan with the burners.”

The audio was captured on police scanners as well as being picked up by a local news broadcast.

“Alright, we’re gonna go ahead with the plan with the burners,” one officer says.

“Copy,” replies another.

“Like we talked about,” the first officer responds.

“The burners are deployed, and we have a fire,” says another officer moments later, before the police dispatcher repeats the statement.

Within minutes of the fire starting, police note that the cabin is “starting to collapse.”

Police are also heard discussing if they are ready to “bring fire”.

“Burners” is police slang for tear gas canisters, which are known to cause fires.

This who,e thing was fishy as fuck. As soon as they foundout he didn't have the hostages they killed him. Tear gas last I checked don't start fires. He had evidence against crooked cops and he wasn't going to make it alive out of that cabin. And the fact that he's black didn't help. I really wished he would of been caught and take this to trial and expose every bad cop in LA.

This who,e thing was fishy as fuck. As soon as they foundout he didn't have the hostages they killed him. Tear gas last I checked don't start fires. He had evidence against crooked cops and he wasn't going to make it alive out of that cabin. And the fact that he's black didn't help. I really wished he would of been caught and take this to trial and expose every bad cop in LA.

I call BS. If he wanted to turn himself in he could have before this shootout began. He killed another cop in the process at that cabin. The only reason he wasn't going to make it out alive is because he refused to be captured alive. Good job playing the race card.

Tear gas can start fires.  However, not sure of the method used to deploy the tear gas.  The words of the police on scene on the video link above lead me to believe they thought it could.  On the other hand, according to policeone (a police generated site) said the pumped it in via a vehicle.

http://www.teargasresource.com/ProductSheets/GasRam.html

By their very nature pyrotechnic Non-lethal chemical agents burn in excess of 2000 degrees and constitute an extreme fire hazard.

Inserting the longer 24 inch probe allows use through roofs and dead air spaces. Both probes are very effective in delivering significant amounts of Nonlethal chemical agents with a minimal probability of starting fires.

http://www.policeone.com/csi-forensics/articles/6118183-Manhunt-for-Dorner-ends-in-flames-at-cabin/

Earlier, a SWAT team surrounded the cabin and used an armored vehicle to break out the cabin windows, the official said. The officers then pumped a gas into the cabin and blasted a message over a loudspeaker: "Surrender or come out."

I call BS. If he wanted to turn himself in he could have before this shootout began. He killed another cop in the process at that cabin. The only reason he wasn't going to make it out alive is because he refused to be captured alive. Good job playing the race card.

this is how I feel too... I am not saying that the LAPD isn't corrupt as shit, it sure seems like they are. But this dude was going out taking down anyone he could, he had no illusions of surrender..

All he said was that dude's race "didn't help", which I'd agree with. Not sure how you could argue otherwise. It was more of an aside, not a statement implying it was anything like a direct cause.

LAPD is ridiculously understaffed for a city of that size and area. Corruption and abuse of power are natural byproducts of that situation; you can see the same thing happen to military units in occupying armies. When one side is overwhelmed and there isn't a clear enemy, EVERYONE becomes an enemy. Dorner, being trained in counterinsurgency, would've recognized this. There's no excusing the way in which he tried to deal with it, but I don't think for a second he was imagining things.

You know, when anytime someone mentions even the slightest thing about race, somebody claims they are playing the "race card". Yeah, because America has a great history of racial inclusivity and pursuit of interracial friendships.

You know, when anytime someone mentions even the slightest thing about race, somebody claims they are playing the "race card". Yeah, because America has a great history of racial inclusivity and pursuit of interracial friendships.

Well, there goes the neighborhood.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/02/14/how-christopher-dorner-went-down.html

The canisters, McMahon said, are to blame for the conflagration. “It was not on purpose,” the sheriff said Wednesday. “We introduced the canisters and a fire erupted.” McMahon said the officers threw three of the tear-gas grenades inside the cabin, including a pyrotechnic device that "generates a lot of heat." 

Isn't that kind of like pouring gas on a pile of logs and throwing a match on top and still managing to say it was not on purpose ?

I think at times it's played when it shouldn't be but conversely, when there's a legitimate role race has played in a particular incident, many would rather discount it than to acknowledge that it could have been and that racism still exists. 

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/02/14/how-christopher-dorner-went-down.html

Isn't that kind of like pouring gas on a pile of logs and throwing a match on top and still managing to say it was not on purpose ?

I think there's a difference between intentionally setting it on fire and not caring how likely it was to catch on fire.

Archived