2013 NFL Combine

As a backup, I can see it.

As a SLB... Well, I seem to remember him really sucking there too.  And all of the apologists said "let him play MLB, his real position."  Tried that, and he sucked again.

Maybe Marvin's refrain, that a linebacker is a linebacker, is true.  

Either way, the only hope I see for Rey is ILB in a 3-4.

I thought he was WLB before, not SLB

Not sure if it has been put in here, but PFT has an article up about Jarvis Jones' neck not checking out.  I'd post it, but the formatting when I post is awful.

One thing you can try is to paste the text into notepad on windows or something similar on macs to shed any format codes.

DB. Banks 6020 185. Cyprien 6002 217. Elam 5097 208.

Wow - that's great for Banks. 

And that's one of the rips on Elam - his height. It'll be interesting to see how Cyprien runs - he was a hitting machine during the practices at the Sr. Bowl. 

RB's, WR's and QB's up at 9am, NFL Network and www.nfl.com/combine/live

Tavon will be one of, if not the first RBs running. Hope he breaks 4.4.

Wow - that's great for Banks. 

And that's one of the rips on Elam - his height. It'll be interesting to see how Cyprien runs - he was a hitting machine during the practices at the Sr. Bowl. 

Tavon will be one of, if not the first RBs running. Hope he breaks 4.4.

its maybe an inch smaller than I expected Elam, but I don't think it will be detrimental.  IMO its his underrated coverage ability that will put him near the top of the safety class. 

its maybe an inch smaller than I expected Elam, but I don't think it will be detrimental.  IMO its his underrated coverage ability that will put him near the top of the safety class. 

Bob Sanders-esque. Can't remember how Bob was in coverage but they're close to the same size. Both big hitters too.

Bob Sanders-esque. Can't remember how Bob was in coverage but they're close to the same size. Both big hitters too.

yea, though he's probably got  1 1/2 - 2 inches on Bob Sanders. I don't recall Sander's coverage ability, but as for Elam IMO he's second to only Vacarro in ability to line up in the slot on a guy in man coverage.

To some degree, I see the comparison, but I don't put him in Bob Sanders' class.

He was just a dominant player vs. both the run and pass... but just couldn't stay healthy. 

Dude could be a serious weapon.
Remember what Ted Ginn ran?

Dude could be a serious weapon.
Remember what Ted Ginn ran?

Didn't run at combine but ran a 4.37 at his pro day. Ohio State is known for having a fast track though.

They put Austin and goodwin's runs up together and Goodwin actually beat him by like the tip of his knee.

Archived