2013 NFL Combine

Mayock just said Tavon Awesome could be the next Wes Welker.  I can dig it.

Im not anti gruden by any means. I really liked the idea of Jay when we brought him in and thought he had a pretty good year in his first year. I thought he regressed last year as a play caller and being creative. Early in the year he did some great things but he seemed to get pretty stale as the year went on.

I would hope if we got a guy like Austin he would know how to use him and use him creatively in the backfield, slot, etc. I dont think he used Hawkins like he could have, but I do think Austin is a lot better than hawkins so hopefully if we got a guy like that it would open some things up with our offense.

Goodwin should be the guy we go after IMO. He will fall and he is just as fast as Austin but not as polished.

Definitely underused at Texas. He should definitely be there at pick 53. Don't think he'll be there at the 3rd round pick anymore.

Is actually a little bigger than Austin. Thicker build. Also think he can play some RB. Sproles like.

Goodwin should be the guy we go after IMO. He will fall and he is just as fast as Austin but not as polished.

They said he only had 26 catches last season. I'm not sure his speed translates into good production. Would you rather have him or Hawkins? Not sure we'd carry two small guys unless he's good enough to handle PR/KR...

They said he only had 26 catches last season. I'm not sure his speed translates into good production. Would you rather have him or Hawkins? Not sure we'd carry two small guys unless he's good enough to handle PR/KR...

I think part of his underuse was because he missed time while training for the Olympics. He competed in London in the Long jump.

the thing that'll keep Goodwin out of the first 3 rds of the draft is the fact that he's simply not a good route runner at all......basically he's a track guy that's trying to play football, whereas a guy like Austin is a pure football player with track speed.....there's a HUGE difference in the two. 

T.Awesome's highlight video show some really savvy routes.  I don't think I would mind him..at all.  I don't think Andrew runs routes like Austin.  I'd be stoked with T.Austin.

Denard with a 4.34. He will go much higher than he is worth.

the thing that'll keep Goodwin out of the first 3 rds of the draft is the fact that he's simply not a good route runner at all......basically he's a track guy that's trying to play football, whereas a guy like Austin is a pure football player with track speed.....there's a HUGE difference in the two. 

Agree

Archived