Free Agency is OPEN

how great would it be to get Heyward-Bey or Huff after they got cut because the Raiders are trying to free up money to be able to keep Carson Palmer because they couldn't get him to take a pay cut (which is the report going around).

[url="https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk"]

Phillip Wheeler agrees to terms with Dolphins, per league source.

There getting some quality defensive players

Joe Goodberry tweeted about Andre holding firm. Said he still wants 45 million over 5 years with as much as 20 million guaranteed, and points to the Bushrod deal as proof of value.

Let him drag it out. In a couple days, nobody will have money to pay him what he wants and he'll have to come down on his price.

My new dream offseason

Cut Anderson and Allen, that would give us about 17.2M to spend in FA without dipping into the money we set aside for draft picks, injuries and the 10M we want to push into the future.

Sign:

Andre Smith 6M cap hit a year (based on loadholt and bushrods deal, along with what seems to be a lack of reported interested in Andre) I cant imagine he will get more than 6 or 7 tops)

Adam Jones: 2-3M cap hit.

Howard: 1-2M cap hit. Was only earning 3 or so before his injury, so dont think he would get more then that.

DHB: 3M a year cap hit or so? Is that short changing him? It would give us 3 fairly capable WRs (Jones, DHB, and Sanu) to surround AJ. Helps make up for a potential injury to an outside WR. Never lived up to his draft pick but can easily be a 600-900 yard WR.

Goodson: 1M cap hit 2 tops. Cant be more than that for a guy thats never put up more than 500 rushing yards in a season. With that being said if he can mimick his 2010 season with carolina here with us that would be awesome. A guy that gets 400 yards rushing or so along with another 400 receiving would be great. Goodson>Leonard.

Best safety we can afford: A safety for about 3M or so a year. What could that get? Michael Huff? Ed Reed? Adrial Wilson?

That would spend most of our remaining funds. Maybe sign newman too if you can afford it.

Draft:

1. Arthur Brown

2a. Matt Elam (if he falls)

2b. Bernard or Franklin

Some combo of S, LB and RB. Maybe CB instead of S depending on the length of the deals you sign with the FA safety and pacman.

Let him drag it out. In a couple days, nobody will have money to pay him what he wants and he'll have to come down on his price.

might be close to that already.  Most of the teams who had the money to challenge for Miami, have been spending it.

#Eagles announced they have signed S Patrick Chung. Former#Patriots second-rounder. Still a talented dude

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer

Jermon Bushrod deal's in Chicago: $35.965M over five years, $17.715M guaranteed.

@ravensinsider: Cherilus' Colts deal is five-years, $34 million, including $10 milion bonus, per league source

Colts have signed Darius Butler to two-year deal, per league source.

Joe Goodberry tweeted about Andre holding firm. Said he still wants 45 million over 5 years with as much as 20 million guaranteed, and points to the Bushrod deal as proof of value.

Pretty positive he was just stating his opinion. He is not a reporter and doesn't have any sources.

I think Andre isn't going to get $9M per year. It is just a question of how much his demands come down.

I also wonder if he is waiting to see if more of a market emerges for his services. It's possible that some of the teams chasing guys like Long, Vollmer, etc. are looking at Andre as a possible Plan B if they strike out on their top guy.

man, its bad in Oakland.  They were already a 4-12 team, and now they're just getting gutted.  Today alone they've lost Desmond Bryant, Phillip Wheeler, Michael Huff, Heyward-Bey, and are expected to also cut Tommy Kelly. Goodson also likely gone.

Pretty positive he was just stating his opinion. He is not a reporter and doesn't have any sources.

I think Andre isn't going to get $9M per year. It is just a question of how much his demands come down.

I also wonder if he is waiting to see if more of a market emerges for his services. It's possible that some of the teams chasing guys like Long, Vollmer, etc. are looking at Andre as a possible Plan B if they strike out on their top guy.

yea it was total fan speculation.  Unless Loadholdts numbers come back big, I can't see Smith getting anything more than $8M/yr.

stupid money for a DT of his ilk, especially when they already had good DT's like Phil Taylor and Ahyta Rubin on the team.

@rapsheet: New #Browns DT Desmond Bryant numbers: Five years, $34 million. $15 million guaranteed.

Nobody ever claimed the Browns were smart shoppers. Same stuff they did last season with Rucker and look how that turned out...

stupid money for a DT of his ilk, especially when they already had good DT's like Phil Taylor and Ahyta Rubin on the team.

@rapsheet: New #Browns DT Desmond Bryant numbers: Five years, $34 million. $15 million guaranteed.

My raider fan buddy, says Bryant is pretty good and that Goodson is a fumbler

Archived