Who do you want on day 2?

there's a part of this statement that pains me (i'll get over it, lol), but i think it's the truth. everything changed with eifert's selection, not that that's necessarily a bad thing, but it does become a reality. now it comes down to how many snaps would another WR get, how much production can you therefor expect, and are you utilizing the value of that pick to it's peak. i think the answer to those questions is pretty evident. i'd still look for a steal later, but the importance of drafting a WR dropped way down the list, with eifert's selection.

plus, with only 3 WR's going in the first (some thought it could be as many as 5), it helps drop someone like Rogers down to 83.

there's a part of this statement that pains me (i'll get over it, lol), but i think it's the truth. everything changed with eifert's selection, not that that's necessarily a bad thing, but it does become a reality. now it comes down to how many snaps would another WR get, how much production can you therefor expect, and are you utilizing the value of that pick to it's peak. i think the answer to those questions is pretty evident. i'd still look for a steal later, but the importance of drafting a WR dropped way down the list, with eifert's selection.

Disagree.

We couldn't score at all at the end of the year. We add one TE, and suddenly we have too many offensive weapons that we won't know what to do with them all?

Disagree.

We couldn't score at all at the end of the year. We add one TE, and suddenly we have too many offensive weapons that we won't know what to do with them all?

Think of it this way. We're adding a tight end, AND Sanu who was injured during that shitty offensive performance at the end of the season.

That's great. Sanu and Jones are fine as third and fourth WRs.

So you really believe they're going to have rookies for 2 of Dalton's 4 main targets? Because the #3 and #4 receivers will not see the field very often.

Common sense (and Marvin) says they stick with Sanu as the #2.

So you really believe they're going to have rookies for 2 of Dalton's 4 main targets? Because the #3 and #4 receivers will not see the field very often.

Don't care who the main targets are or what you label them. We need more playmakers and offensive weapons to help this putrid offense.

Taking Eifert is a good first step. But that's all it was - a first step. Still need to add more.

Agreed, if they go offense it's RB or RT.

Don't care who the main targets are or what you label them. We need more playmakers and offensive weapons to help this putrid offense.

Taking Eifert is a good first step. But that's all it was - a first step. Still need to add more.

Well the top 3 targets are going to be Green, Gresham and Eifert. That's a given. Unless they go empty backfield there is only able to be 1 other target. Sanu showed enough in his brief stint that he's able to be that guy. Rookie WRs rarely make an impact. An empty backfield, 5 receiver set will not happen very often. They could send Eifert or Gresham to the bench in favor of the rookie WR but that would be a downgrade to the offense. I can see a WR/KR taken in the 3rd or later but there's no sense in taking one in the 2nd.

Well the top 3 targets are going to be Green, Gresham and Eifert. That's a given. Unless they go empty backfield there is only able to be 1 other target. Sanu showed enough in his brief stint that he's able to be that guy. Rookie WRs rarely make an impact. An empty backfield, 5 receiver set will not happen very often. They could send Eifert or Gresham to the bench in favor of the rookie WR but that would be a downgrade to the offense. I can see a WR/KR taken in the 3rd or later but there's no sense in taking one in the 2nd.

Good points, I think you're right.

From my very untrained eye, Cyprien does not look like anything special. Granted, I am just a fan and only watched youtube videos, but if I had to put him in a category it would be "solid but not spectacular"... aka Keith Rivers... 

For me, there are bigger/better difference makers with our first 2nd round pick than that guy. 

home run threat RB mainly.

Nobody showed enough last year. That's why we couldn't score. That's why we need to upgrade. There's not enough playmakers on this offense right now. That's the bottom line.

From my very untrained eye, Cyprien does not look like anything special. Granted, I am just a fan and only watched youtube videos, but if I had to put him in a category it would be "solid but not spectacular"... aka Keith Rivers... 

For me, there are bigger/better difference makers with our first 2nd round pick than that guy. 

home run threat RB mainly.

None of the safeties in this draft are anything special.

Nobody showed enough last year. That's why we couldn't score. That's why we need to upgrade. There's not enough playmakers on this offense right now. That's the bottom line.

We scored plenty when Sanu was in. The nose dive happened after he was injured.

plus, with only 3 WR's going in the first (some thought it could be as many as 5), it helps drop someone like Rogers down to 83.

...a consideration i've had from the moment we drafted eifert. and he just might end up being the most talented of the 3 tennessee wrs when it's all said and done.

Disagree.

nah (shaking head), once again you didn't listen very well. that or you chose to twist my words to fit your argument.

Gil Brandt‏@Gil_Brandt6m

I'm hearing @Jaguars leaning toward taking Johnthan Banks w/ 1st pick in 2nd round, not a QB. #NFLDraft

Gil Brandt‏@Gil_Brandt5m

Expect 3 QBs to go between picks 33-39. My sources expect @Eagles (35) and @NYJets (39) to go that route. #NFLDraft

So...

33. Jags - Banks

34. 49ers - Ertz

35. Eagles - Geno Smith

36. Lions - Watson?

37. Bengals - ?

Archived