Who do you want on day 2?

The pick depends on whether or not the Bengals think one of the remaining safeties can start immediately.

If they do, they should take one at 2A.

If not, they should take a RB. Looking at the teams picking ahead of them, the Lions are the only team likely to take a back, meaning the Bengals could likely get whichever back they have ranked #1 - at worst they get their #2 guy. Waiting around to that second pick means rolling the dice. A Week 1 starter a safety would be worth the risk. Secondary depth isn't.

The pick depends on whether or not the Bengals think one of the remaining safeties can start immediately.

If they do, they should take one at 2A.

If not, they should take a RB. Looking at the teams picking ahead of them, the Lions are the only team likely to take a back, meaning the Bengals could likely get whichever back they have ranked #1 - at worst they get their #2 guy. Waiting around to that second pick means rolling the dice. A Week 1 starter a safety would be worth the risk. Secondary depth isn't.

Lions won't take a back either they have Mikel Leshoure who is a good power back and they signed Reggie Bush.

Lions won't take a back either they have Mikel Leshoure who is a good power back and they signed Reggie Bush.

Shit!

Forgot all about Bush. You're right.

Barring a trade, it's going to be hard for the Bengals to turn their nose up at their #1 running back prospect this late. BPA... What are the chances that their overall grade for the 4th or 5th safety is higher than the #1 running back?

No big fat guys...what did you do with the real BJ?

^ lol ... to be fair I do want some fat guys in the later rounds ...

- OG Larry Worford, 6'3, 332 lbs, Kentucky

- OT LaAdrian Waddle, 6'6, 332 lbs, Texas Tech

- DT John Jenkins, 6'4, 346 lbs, Georgia

- DT Brandon Williams, 6'1, 335 lbs, Missouri

- DT Montori Hughes, 6'4, 329 lbs, Tennessee-Martin

- DT T.J Barnes, 6'6, 369 lbs, Georgia-Tech

I'd love to get Lacy, but a part of me wants him gone so they don't take him over the last day 1 starting worthy safeties.

Just depends on how they view the guys, both relative to each other and relative to the gap between the top S and the next vs. the situation at RB, etc.

To me, if all were available, I think the gap between Cyprien and Swearinger is wider than Lacy vs. the other RBs, so I would go S, then RB... But we will know in 24 hours.

Hell, they will probably take a lineman and a WR!

Good news is, though, they still seem to be staying true to their board, and taking the highest rated guy. Years ago, they'd have taken a safety at #21, most likely, even if there were other players rated higher.

To me, if all were available, I think the gap between Cyprien and Swearinger is wider than Lacy vs. the other RBs, so I would go S, then RB... But we will know in 24 hours.

I don't think it's a given that Eddie Lacy is anyone's #1 back. A case can be made for se real different guys. My personal preference is Gio Bernard.

Nice lists, though I think you could see some of your guys from 37 still there at 53.

Cyprien and Lacy are the 2 guys I have my fingers crossed for at 37.

I heard that Carradine failed a physical with the Giants (and presumably other teams also). If we go DE, I would go with Damontre Moore. Like him a lot.

But, I really feel like we had our one BPA pick already and really need to hit RB and S in the 2nd round.

I think the 2 most likely scenarios are:

37- Lacy

53-Swearinger

37-Cyprien

53-Bernard/Franklin

I'd be absolutely thrilled with either of those scenarios.

i wonder if their ideals change in what they're looking to get out of a rb..ie. a guy who is stronger between the tackles, and more of a bell-cow (lacy) vs. a more versatile, receiving type back (gio, franklin), with the addition of eifert.

i'd be mighty tempted to grab lacy if he makes it to #37.

I think you have to get a safety with pick 37. There are still 3 to 4 EXCELLENT running backs available and I think at least one will be there at 53.

My personal preference is Cyprien, but the small school background makes me nervous. He seems to be more of what the league is turning to as far as being able to cover ground as a coverage safety when needed.

Take Bernard, Franklin, or the next best RB available at 53 and the rest of the draft is icing on the cake

Yeah screw Zimmer he doesn't need any more talent to work with

YEAH! GENO SMITH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #7 overall! in the 2nd round......

I'll be happy with 2-3 players.

I'd honestly not care if we took Geno as an insurance policy or barkley, but i don't expect that to happen.

I like Cyprein at S and Watson at RT.

I wouldn't complain about Teo he deserves a shot somewhere and why not to a team that needs a MLB?

Lots of great options left we're sitting pretty at #37.

Would be nice to somehow have been at 45 and 46 its looking like it's the sweet spot in this years draft. I see qb's going pretty quick over the next 10 picks due to crappy teams coming around the horn to pick.

Take best available and best fit of Cyprien, Elam, and Swearinger at 37.  All sliders and at least one should be there.  Be like getting two first round picks.  I am also thinking that Kirkpatrick will be like an extra first round pick for us this year.  Could be very nice...

Barrett Jones

Running back in Round 3.

Archived