***UPDATE***Pacman found NOT GUILTY of Assault.

It is over the line however if your natural instincts are to hit a woman maybe you should consider working on that.

as the report says, he was hit from behind.  He didn't exactly know WHO he was hitting at the time.  

Further, natural instincts are natural instincts.  It doesn't have anything to do with who.  For most people, when they get hit/punched, the natural reaction of your muscles is to hit/punch back.  It doesn't have anything to do with who did it.  It's all about reflexes.

There's a big difference between making the conscious choice to hit a woman, and a natural muscle reflex from already having been hit.

Did you know that when you assume (as your doing assuming he was drinking) it makes an Ass out of You and Me?

You are unbelievably missing the point. Who says he has to be drinking? The fact that an admitted alcoholic/perpetual trouble-maker is spending time at bars/clubs when another incident could in fact end his career is all the evidence I need to know that he hasn't changed enough.

It is over the line however if your natural instincts are to hit a woman maybe you should consider working on that.

Sorry but with 9 years of hand to hand combat training one of the first rules is to NEVER underestimate your attacker and to quickly subdue them in the most efficient manner possible. Anyone who, when drunk, will throw a bottle at you is capable of doing worse.   Assuming your attacker can't seriously injure you because she is a woman is a terrible assumption to make.

Ok it isnt and in the case of a man hitting a women even more so. ;)

I was actually kind of joking. Men and women are not the same. Just sort of making fun of people who act like there is no difference.

I still agree with my wife that some women deserve to be bit though ;)

You are unbelievably missing the point. Who says he has to be drinking? The fact that an admitted alcoholic/perpetual trouble-maker is spending time at bars/clubs when another incident could in fact end his career is all the evidence I need to know that he hasn't changed enough.

No you are missing the point. It may not be the smartest thing given his past, however he, as you admitted, is a free man allowed to go wherever he pleases, one does not deserve a prison sentance from being allowed out on the town, he just needs to know that there are folks looking to make a dollar and needs to know how to handle himself in those situations is all.

while he was coming from a bar, watch the video.  He was just walking down the street.

From ESPN 1530, the Adam Jones surveillance tape. Go to the 1:44 mark, you'll see him hit with a bottle & react http://www.espn1530.com/pages/hawkandfish.html?article=11374334 

Seems to me with the gate there he could have just walked away, it wasnt a crowded situation where "natural insticts" might kick in and him go into fight or flight mode. This isnt going to be something that gets turned into anything but he needs to be smarter than that.

Mann you people are fucking incredible lmao. Man idc who it is if a woman throws a fucking beer bottle at me I'mma hit that bitch. So if a girl busted a beer bottle on your head you would sit there and be a bitch and hope the cops handle it? Get the fuck outta here. Its like the same shit at schools,if a student comes at me and starts assaulting me and if I hit back I also get in trouble... They need to leave pacman alone

Sorry but with 9 years of hand to hand combat training one of the first rules is to NEVER underestimate your attacker and to quickly subdue them in the most efficient manner possible. Anyone who, when drunk, will throw a bottle at you is capable of doing worse.   Assuming your attacker can't seriously injure you because she is a woman is a terrible assumption to make.

After watching the video I think this goes away, but there was a gate between them, she couldnt have done anything worse than she did to him, he didnt really have to slap her, I dont see where it was nessasary for him "defending himself". Walk away. He understandablly got heated but even so he needs to understand how to handle himself better in a situation like that.

while he was coming from a bar, watch the video.  He was just walking down the street.

Sorry but the girl hit him in the face with the bottle and he just reacted.  No way anything will come of this unless he was saying something very bad that is on tape.  

Seems to me with the gate there he could have just walked away, it wasnt a crowded situation where "natural insticts" might kick in and him go into fight or flight mode. This isnt going to be something that gets turned into anything but he needs to be smarter than that.

When you have had the upbringing that Jones had as a child, that natural instinct to protect yourself is re-inforced over and over and over again.  Honed. 

I was all ready to say that this was being blown way out of proportion, but that video doesn't look good. It almost looks like the girl just touches the bottle to his face (why she would do that I have no idea) and then he hauls off and punches her right away.

Mann you people are fucking incredible lmao. Man idc who it is if a woman throws a fucking beer bottle at me I'mma hit that bitch. So if a girl busted a beer bottle on your head you would sit there and be a bitch and hope the cops handle it? Get the fuck outta here. Its like the same shit at schools,if a student comes at me and starts assaulting me and if I hit back I also get in trouble... They need to leave pacman alone

Watch the video, she didnt "bust a beer bottle on his head" she thew it at him yes, but it wasnt in a bar fight manner.

When you have had the upbringing that Jones had as a child, that natural instinct to protect yourself is re-inforced over and over and over again.  Honed. 

Plus he reacted then walked away.  He didn't get medieval on the bitch.

I dont disagree with that at all, however at some point one needs to understand himself in that light and do better.

There is really no way to tell if she hit him hard or not.  In any case someone shoving a beer bottle in my face would certainly result in me slapping the arm pretty violently just as a reaction. 

Maybe she was pouring the beer on him? The way her arm moves it doesn't look like she threw anything at all. You can tell the difference between the speed her arm moves and the speed Pac's moves when he slaps/punches back.

No you are missing the point. It may not be the smartest thing given his past, however he, as you admitted, is a free man allowed to go wherever he pleases, one does not deserve a prison sentance from being allowed out on the town, he just needs to know that there are folks looking to make a dollar and needs to know how to handle himself in those situations is all.

It's also perfectly understandable then for his employer to realize that you truly cannot count on him on any given day. if he does end up getting suspended, he will have let down every member of the organization, from his teammates all the way to Mike Brown, and shouldn't deserve even a scintilla of sympathy. No one told him to go to the bar. he made that decision all on his own. 

Archived