***UPDATE***Pacman found NOT GUILTY of Assault.

Just got arrested for protecting myself, I will not let this break me or change what I have work so hard for ....

Schaffer said 2 intoxicated women approached Jones at Reds game, took picture with him, threw bottle of beer at him, then Jones slapped one.

so he was probably at Holy Grail, a Bar & Grill, not some dive bar.

Adam Jones' agent says incident happened at a bar outside Great American Ballpark on Wednesday. Jones will turn himself in this afternoon.

Per a friend of Adam Jones, incident happened at FB's, a downtown Cincy bar. The Bengals had taken batting practice with the Reds that day.

Cincinnati City Prosecutor Charlie Rubenstein has confirmed that Bengals cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones was arrested on one count of assault for punching a female patron outside of a Downtown bar. 

Rubenstein could not confirm when the incident occurred.

Jones also tweeted this afternoon that he has been arrested. "Just got arrested for protecting myself, I will not let this break me or change what I have work so hard for ..." Jones said. 

As of 1:30 p.m. Jones had not yet been processed through the Hamilton County jail, said Hamilton County Sheriff's spokesman Jim Knapp.

Agent Peter Schaffer told USA Today sports that Jones was standing outside of a bar on Wednesday night after the Cincinnati Reds’ game against the Colorado Rockies, when he was approached by two women who wanted to take a picture with him. 

Schaffer said Jones told them no “because he’s married and the last thing he wants is a picture with two women showing up on Twitter or something.”

Schaffer said Jones told him he was then hit in the head with a bottle from only a few feet away.

“He turns around and immediately slaps the person. He has no idea what’s going on or threw the bottle,” Schaffer said. “His teammates have enough of this and they walk out.”

Considering he was at that bar with some of his teammates, I doubt they'll be too hard on him.  

it would help if you hadn't made up half of those.

I was only quoting you.

I was only quoting you.

and yet, still wrong.

Given everything else, its clear schefter mis-reported #2.  #3 is basically right, if you're complaining about that you're just looking to complain about something.  #5 is clearly answered, his teammates were IN the bar.  #6, again, just you looking for something to complain about. Jones is under no obligation to take pictures with fans. #7, again, already answered.

Hard to argue self defense when there's a fence separating you and your attacker. Should have just walked away.

. They were having a verbal altercation and she put something in his face. He doesn't react right away as if maybe he doesn't see it at first and then he reacts to something all the sudden touching his face. Nothing to see here.

I really don't know how to take this whole thing. Yes, it is completely not ok the way he chose to react to this altercation even though he was provoked. However, given the kinds of things I'm sure he has dealt with in the past in clubs and whatnot, I'm sure anytime someone even makes a motion with an object towards your face you will tend to react defensively. Not to say what he did was ok, but I feel like I understand why he reacted in a way that most would seem was excessive.

Based on what I've read, I'm 100% on Jones side.

They clearly have corraborating evidence to back him and the woman who through a beer bottle at his head should be charged with assault. Whenever you're with an extrememely intoxicated person, a slap in the face sometimes deserving when they're acting a certain way.

Story is very plausible and honestly I feel bad for Adam right now. I think he will come through this without ramifications though.

Per @CarrieSmithEnq HamCo prosecutors say Adam "Pacman" Jones has been charged with assault for punching a female patron outside a Cincy bar

Per a friend of Adam Jones, incident happened at FB's, a downtown Cincy bar. The Bengals had taken batting practice with the Reds that day.

Again, Jones plans on turning himself in this afternoon. He believes there is security tape from FB's of the incident that'll exonerate him.

I'm thinking if he did put his hands on her, he's fucked.

I'm thinking if he did put his hands on her, he's fucked.

He decked her clearly in the video.  Also, she didnt really throw the beer bottle at him as much as hit him while trying to dump it on him.... as far as i can tell anyways

http://www.espn1530.com/pages/hawkandfish.html?article=11374334

Shitty deals as this means a minimum 4game suspension IMO.  Wouldnt be suprised with a much harsher suspension either....

and yet, still wrong.

Given everything else, its clear schefter mis-reported #2.  #3 is basically right, if you're complaining about that you're just looking to complain about something.  #5 is clearly answered, his teammates were IN the bar.  #6, again, just you looking for something to complain about. Jones is under no obligation to take pictures with fans. #7, again, already answered.

No reason to get your panties in a twist.  My point is a "celebrity" does something stupid and then the spin starts.   You don't know the truth of what really happened anymore than I do.

I just thought it was humorous how fast the story was changing and how easy some folks were accepting Adam's and his lawyer's story as gospel.  I also found it a little odd that with all the spin about being there with his teammates, not one has stepped forward in his defense.  Not one has said he was there.  Not one has even tweeted "dont worry Adam I have your back".

Like I said...you don't know what happened...I don't know what happened.  If it makes you feel better to believe everything being said, please go right ahead.

One thing I do know is this.  Every year there are around 1900 players on a NFL roster somewhere.  Each year there are 2-4 dozen players who get arrested each year.

But there seems to be a handful of repeat offenders that always seem to get themselves in trouble again and again.  Usually because of bars and drinking.  Adam Jones is one of those guys.

A filled plastic bottle still wouldn't feel too good but Pacman didn't get it thrown at him. That video doesn't look good. I understand reflexes but even if his eyes were closed that's not a common reflex; that's a swing. A common reflex is a wax on/wax off type deal but our dude just hit her. Whether it was deserving or not it was really stupid. Come on Kirkpatrick... step it up; may be ya ASAP

a thrown bottle of beer is a potential lethal weapon, just as a knife is. what the hell's the difference?

If you can say that after watching the video and seeing it wasn't used like that, that it wasn't some "Roadhouse" bar fight, then I don't know what to say to you.

If the girl touched him with the bottle or even poured beer on him,

then she should be arrested for Battery. She was clearly the aggressor. 

Pacman can just claim it had to do with his Indian heritage.

He is from the "Slapahoe" Tribe. 

great news, very happy for him. never jump to conclusions fellas

It's not news, it's his lawyer defending him. He punched a woman. Whether you think it's OK or not, there's little chance that he will walk away from this unscathed. Regardless of if the courts clear him, he still will probably have to explain to Goodell why he punched a woman in the face. 

I don't think a man should hit a woman, but I don't think anybody should hit anybody else.  These are different times. TV and movies are telling women that they can and should beat up on men if they deserve it. I don't see anything wrong with hitting a woman in self-defense, but not as a first response. The thing that bothers me is that I'm guessing that most of us here in that situation wouldn't even think as an instinct to punch her in the face.  I've been provoked a few times by females and it just never occurred to me to punch them, maybe a shove to get seperation.  That Pacman's first thought was to haul off and punch her is disturbing.  But one could argue that women that throw a beer bottle at a guy because they think that they are protected by the man code not to retaliate is wrong also.  

Unfortunately PacMan is going down for this. It does not look like she is asking to take a picture, they are having some dispute. She never threw a bottle at him , if she did it would of been a felony and she would of gone to jail. She pours beer on Pacman , he overreacted and slapped the woman. Real simple 242 pc , assault case. Was he provoked yes , could he have avoided it, yes. Is he an idiot, yes. He definitely will get suspended for this. Come on Kirkpatrick we are going to need you.

Archived